Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bianchi identification

    I bought this Bianchi yesterday. I have no idea from which year it is and what frame it has. The bike looks in excellent condition and I am pretty sure all parts on it are original. Anyone has an idea what this might be worth?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    20,716
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEON View Post
    I bought this Bianchi yesterday. I have no idea from which year it is and what frame it has. The bike looks in excellent condition and I am pretty sure all parts on it are original. Anyone has an idea what this might be worth?
    It looks like a very rare model and could be worth several thousand dollars. Any idea what the threading is on the bottom bracket shell? Is there any information on the headset? What kind of hubs does it have? What is the rear derailleur?
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '09 Motobecane SS, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    It looks like a very rare model and could be worth several thousand dollars. Any idea what the threading is on the bottom bracket shell? Is there any information on the headset? What kind of hubs does it have? What is the rear derailleur?

    Thank you Bianchigirl,

    I do not see any threading on the bottom bracket shell. There seems to be a sign which I read as "ofmega" on the headset (the same as on the crankshafts). The hubs are "Campagnolo" and the rear derailleur is Shimano 600. There are inscriptions on the handlebar "3ttt", olympic circles and "MOD. GRAND PRIX MADE ITALY" On the frame there is a serial number "B07664" and two red letters "B" on the two sides of the fork. I hope this helps.

  4. #4
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    20,716
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Judging from the skewers I guess the hubs are CampI Victory as well as the seatpost and pedals.

    I think the parts mix is too eclectic for it to be stock, and it could go either way with the post, pedals and hubs being stock or the headset, cranks, and brakes. I am going to go with the cranks, brakes, and HS being stock and the wheels and derailleurs being replacements/upgrades. The derailleurs may have been changed from Ofmega to get smoother shifting.

    The bottom bracket threading would not be on the shell but on the bottom bracket cups. is there any printing on the dropouts or forkends?


    Where is this bike? Another puzzling thing is the style of decals and B on the fork crown point to an earlier model or a Orient made model. The round Campione del Mundo would suggest this is an '88 or 89 model or maybe a very late '87 (the only year for that type sticker in the US anyway)


    I suspect this a mid '80s Nuovo Alloro or Squadra.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '09 Motobecane SS, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    Judging from the skewers I guess the hubs are CampI Victory as well as the seatpost and pedals.

    I think the parts mix is too eclectic for it to be stock, and it could go either way with the post, pedals and hubs being stock or the headset, cranks, and brakes. I am going to go with the cranks, brakes, and HS being stock and the wheels and derailleurs being replacements/upgrades. The derailleurs may have been changed from Ofmega to get smoother shifting.

    The bottom bracket threading would not be on the shell but on the bottom bracket cups. is there any printing on the dropouts or forkends?


    Where is this bike? Another puzzling thing is the style of decals and B on the fork crown point to an earlier model or a Orient made model. The round Campione del Mundo would suggest this is an '88 or 89 model or maybe a very late '87 (the only year for that type sticker in the US anyway)


    I suspect this a mid '80s Nuovo Alloro or Squadra.

    I do not see anything written on the bracket cups or on the dropouts and forkends.
    The bike is in Switzerland. I bought it from Ticcino, close to the Italian border. If any parts were changed on the bike, it must have been done by the dealership, I do not think the person who rode it changed anything. The bike seems to have been ridden only a few times, so I do not think the owner would have bothered to upgrade anything.

  6. #6
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    20,716
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Switzerland? Well that answers a few questions. I think this frame is from '84ish, sorry it doesn't seem to be the model I thought it was but it is a very nice bike nonetheless. The world champ sticker certainly post dates a few frame features but about 3 years.

    I wonder if this has even been repainted?

    I was reserving judgment a bit I agree with Work101 I suspect very little is original on this bike. I would suspect the headset, cranks and maybe the brakes.

    The idea of very little use and original parts conflicts with the rub mark, likely from the toestrap, on the right arm. Either this bike has seen a lot if use and kept clean or the crankset came from a different bike.

    If that was in my area and my size I would pay about $150 USD for it. If I knew for sure what the frame material was maybe a little higher.

    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '09 Motobecane SS, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •