So I got a go pro for my birthday in anticipation of figuring out how to use it (well) before our big family cycling vacation in Italy. I hated the mount but sending $60 to K-Edge got me a FANTASTIC combo garmin/go-pro mount. Rock solid and no cables, fingers or garmins in the picture anymore. I'd like it slightly more if it had a quick disconnect base but maybe then it would be less solid, I don't know.
So... a couple questions.
1) How do I keep the date and time current without setting it before every ride? I get home, upload the video to my computer and can't find it because it's in 2006 or 2011 or some other weird and random date. Other times, it'll keep the right date and I'm not sure why.
2) is there a way to change the date / time stamp after the fact? (I haven't actually tried to see if there is a built in date stamp in the video, so I'm just musing out loud here)
3) what do you guys DO with the resulting video - use the go pro studio to cut and edit your master pieces? I also have Adobe creative suite if I really want to punish myself as well as a thing called Photo Pro Show gold or something like that, I used that one for still photo slide shows but I believe you can inject video too. No, I'm not going to buy a mac.
4) I've basically left it on the default resolution setting (1080p superwide)... are there better settings?
5) it looks like one battery lasts a bit under 2 hours at that resolution setting. I have 2 batteries and may consider getting two more before the big Trip. Are there after market batteries that are superior and/or cheaper? I guess $20 isn't that bad. OEM batteries for my cameras are crazy expensive ($160 for one of them) and the aftermarket versions are just as good if you get a good one, but of course, that's the trick.
I think I've already lost a 64gb card... those things are crazy tiny.