Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   Weight Loss: Post Your Before and After Pics Here! (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/228767-weight-loss-post-your-before-after-pics-here.html)

WheresWaldo 02-25-08 03:01 PM

About 4 years ago, only 320 then. Ballooned to 350 pounds over the following year:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../Stuff/fat.jpg

Last year on the BF Blue Ridge Parkway Ride (about 210 pounds).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...f/93914870.jpg

Caincando1 02-25-08 03:56 PM

Nice Job!

Air 02-25-08 04:05 PM

WOW! That's awesome!

starkmojo 02-25-08 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber_ (Post 5699579)
Haha thanks!

That second photo broke my babe-o-meter!

neospazzy 02-25-08 06:55 PM

Fantastic!!! Awesome job Waldo! You look great!

Caincando1 02-25-08 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a quick update. I'm not quite gone yet and haven't lost my clyde status yet.

350 last April(picture was taken september 06, but the same weight)
205 today

Tom Stormcrowe 02-25-08 11:01 PM

Uff da! You don't even look like the same guy!

archer70 02-25-08 11:06 PM

WOW impressive guys and gals. I am on the track for better health (post slightly high BP).

Greg

Air 02-26-08 07:02 AM

Damn that's amazing!

Barabus 02-26-08 09:20 AM

Waldo and Cain- holy ****. Congrats guys!

WheresWaldo 02-26-08 10:07 AM

When my doctors told me that weight loss would "cure" other symptoms I had I said impossible. Just got my two year blood work back.

Pre weight loss Cholesterol total >400
Today 116 HDL 47 LDL 52

Pre weight loss BP average 135/100
This years average 123/72

Pre weight loss blood sugar average >150
This years average >100

I also had obstructive sleep apnea, and use a CPAP. It started out at 14 and now is down to 6. My doc says I don't really need it anymore but it does make my wife sleep better since it eliminates all snoring. I just don't need to take it with me traveling any more.

garysol1 02-26-08 10:14 AM

Just looking through the last few pages and wow....Great job to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the new LIFESTYLE.

Caincando1 02-26-08 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheresWaldo (Post 6234009)
When my doctors told me that weight loss would "cure" other symptoms I had I said impossible. Just got my two year blood work back.

Pre weight loss Cholesterol total >400
Today 116 HDL 47 LDL 52

Pre weight loss BP average 135/100
This years average 123/72

Pre weight loss blood sugar average >150
This years average >100

I also had obstructive sleep apnea, and use a CPAP. It started out at 14 and now is down to 6. My doc says I don't really need it anymore but it does make my wife sleep better since it eliminates all snoring. I just don't need to take it with me traveling any more.

NICE!

BTW how do I get my quads to look like yours? I'm jealous, do you lift weights or is that just from riding?

WheresWaldo 02-26-08 12:55 PM

I think its a combination of riding and genetics, mostly riding.

I don't do any other sports.

TheKingFiphtin 02-26-08 01:34 PM

You guys are awesome. I wish more people could see this thread (not just BF people). We would have so many more cyclists out there!

Neil_B 02-26-08 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caincando1 (Post 6234248)
NICE!

BTW how do I get my quads to look like yours? I'm jealous, do you lift weights or is that just from riding?

Cain, when you find out, let me know too. I want big, big quads.

solveg 02-26-08 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caincando1 (Post 6232198)
Just a quick update. I'm not quite gone yet and haven't lost my clyde status yet.

350 last April(picture was taken september 06, but the same weight)
205 today

Caincando! Wow! That's amazing! Good job... you look great!

Trebor Snave 02-27-08 03:25 PM

Well, I've got a "before". This is me with my new bike (bought that day!), 5'11" and 230 lbs. last September.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...Sep2007033.jpg

Flattering, no?

Currently, I'm sitting at 219 after a long layoff over the winter. Aiming for 180 or less by Christmas.

smilin buddha 02-27-08 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caincando1 (Post 6232198)
Just a quick update. I'm not quite gone yet and haven't lost my clyde status yet.

350 last April(picture was taken september 06, but the same weight)
205 today

I have beard Envy :D

TrumpetMurph 03-13-08 01:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The first is me last summer, mid-july, in the 275-280lbs range.

The second is me today, right at 240lbs.

I started counting calories last Thanksgiving and limiting my intake to 1500/day maximum. At the time I wasn't exercising at all. I've leveled out and spent about a month at 240 (been slacking off in eating habits, not trying as hard) but with the spring like weather I've been getting back on the bike some and working on getting the food intake back on track. Goal is to be 200 or less by August.

mattyknacks 03-14-08 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyknacks (Post 3769526)
These are my before shots. I was 360 plus when these were taken in July 2006. I have lost over 50 pounds since then.

Good luck everyone!

Matty in Brooklyn

Just an update (because I am excited):

As of today, I lost another 30 or so pounds and am right 277 pounds. The pics above (see page 5 of this post) show me in my size 54 pants. Now the size 48 pants I bought last month are loose and I have to go shopping again.

So much for the new suit I bought last month, now I need another! I wish people would stop dying and getting married (similar to dying) because I can't afford a new wardrobe every month.

Tom Stormcrowe 03-14-08 07:43 AM

Good job! Look at it this way......every time you have to buy new pants, you're contributing to the economy....and you don't have to spend extra $$ at a big and tall shop anymore :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyknacks (Post 6340947)
Just an update (because I am excited):

As of today, I lost another 30 or so pounds and am right 277 pounds. The pics above (see page 5 of this post) show me in my size 54 pants. Now the size 48 pants I bought last month are loose and I have to go shopping again.

So much for the new suit I bought last month, now I need another! I wish people would stop dying and getting married (similar ot dying) because I can't afford a new wardrobe every month.


Neil_B 03-14-08 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyknacks (Post 6340947)
Just an update (because I am excited):

As of today, I lost another 30 or so pounds and am right 277 pounds. The pics above (see page 5 of this post) show me in my size 54 pants. Now the size 48 pants I bought last month are loose and I have to go shopping again.

So much for the new suit I bought last month, now I need another! I wish people would stop dying and getting married (similar to dying) because I can't afford a new wardrobe every month.

I'm in the same boat. I get around the problem by not having friends or relatives. :D

Seriously, it's a good problem to have. And you can always get the suit altered, provided you haven't lost too many inches.

bdinger 03-15-08 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Historian (Post 6345916)
I'm in the same boat. I get around the problem by not having friends or relatives. :D

Seriously, it's a good problem to have. And you can always get the suit altered, provided you haven't lost too many inches.

That specific reason is why I buy all my clothes at the Men's Wearhouse. They do great alterations for quite reasonable prices, which in the end makes it cheaper to shop there than anywhere else. I've been quite pleased so far, but my favorite suit (in my pic) just got taken in "for the last time" :(.

Tom Stormcrowe 03-27-08 07:00 AM

http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/bump.gif


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 PM.