Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   Weight Loss: Post Your Before and After Pics Here! (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/228767-weight-loss-post-your-before-after-pics-here.html)

NZier 08-27-12 07:37 PM

Way to go RIMoe. ~25 pounds in 3 months is nothing to laugh at. They say healthy weight loss is ~2lbs a week (I've also heard 10% of body weight). I think your pants size is a better indicator of the progress you've made. It sounds like a lot of your fat weight is being transferred into muscle weight as well, especially if you're hitting the gym 5 times a week. Keep it up!

tewms 08-31-12 06:41 AM

I do not have a after picture yet, but will post it here later this year / early next year. My "record" and when I decided to start losing weight was at 322lbs / 146kg. I'm only 5'9" /176cm so it's a lot for anyone but especially for someone as short as myself.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n..._5845327_n.jpg
'Clydest' pic I could find :)

I bought a used late 60's Raleigh (CV thread) for less than $40 and been restoring and riding it with utter joy.

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/...50882090_n.jpg
I know it's not the lightest and the sportiest but neither am I :D It's good enough to get me riding and that's all that matters. Love it.

Right now I'm around 291lbs / 132kg and making sure that I wake up every morning healthier and thinner than the one before. I have a hard time keeping long-term promises to myself so this day-by-day approach works best for me. Output > Intake is my 'motto'.

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.ne...61528928_n.jpg
This is a recent, although not one that shows much of me, picture. I've started disc golfing and the walking I end up doing while searching for my very bad throws really has helped a lot. Going for one game with mates is extremely fun and in the process I end up walking anything from 5 to 10 km (~3 to 6 miles) per round, depending which course. And obviously I ride my bike to the park and back every time :)

I want to thank this thread and especially the users posting here for the much needed motivation! You're all heroes in my books!

Shellyrides 08-31-12 11:13 PM

Hi all. My name is Shelly (42). In the last Two months i have lost 26.8 lbs. As a reward I took a look at my budget (single mom of two teens there is no budget :P) I bought a c70-74 Peugeot racer for $20 and a Lotus 3000 M mountain bike for free. I am slowly rebuilding them as I can. As i wait for them to be finished I am riding a big box mountain bike that I have to fiddle with daily to keep it ride able.

I started out at 350lbs I am now down to 323.2 lbs. I use to ride as a teen 25 to 100 miles a day. I loved it. When I married my now ex husband he told me he loved to ride/hike/swim. Found out a little to late he did none of that and he blocked me from doing it too.Now I am having a ball doing everything that I love to do and teaching the kids to love it also.

I will post a pic on here soon. Need to find one. Thanks to every one who has posted before and made me feel like this change in my life is not only for the better but can really work.

Nickie 09-02-12 08:38 AM

I'm currently 197lbs and I'm 20, so I understand it'll be a little easier for me to lose weight because I'm younger, which makes these pictures so inspirational! I'm looking to lose 50 or so pounds before April '13, and you all make that seem so easy and possible :D Thank you all for posting, it really has boost my confidence x

Ricardo 09-02-12 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickie (Post 14682915)
I'm currently 197lbs and I'm 20, so I understand it'll be a little easier for me to lose weight because I'm younger, which makes these pictures so inspirational! I'm looking to lose 50 or so pounds before April '13, and you all make that seem so easy and possible :D Thank you all for posting, it really has boost my confidence x

Sure Nickie. My suggestion for you is to take some before pictures and save them on your hard drive. Also you may want to take some measurements. Buying new clothes is very motivational!!

imacflyr3 09-03-12 11:40 PM

I finally decided it was time to post to this thread...
Here is a pic of me and my daughter during our vacation to the Portland/Seattle area in June of 2010:
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/..._6769734_n.jpg

...and here I am about a week ago during a ride to a local wind farm that's under construction:
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/...32227689_n.jpg

What a difference 2 years (and 150lbs!) makes!!

Beachgrad05 09-08-12 11:25 PM

Found a short video that I made using my iPhone on Feb 24 2012 when I was at 255 lbs. So here is my "before" and "current"


chrism32205 09-29-12 06:44 PM

This thread is so inspirational!! Amazing pictures.

timetostart 10-02-12 10:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276102 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276103 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276106 Hi Everyone
Have been lurking and not posting for ages, so I thought it was time I chipped in again. Here are my before (in 2007), during (in 2008) & current (last month) shots.
I have to confess that I haven't been riding much, but if it wasn't for this forum I don't think I'd be in the shape I am today. You guys on the forum here were instrumental in me changing my mindset (a BIG thing!) and setting me off on the path to thinking I could actually DO something about the state I was in, rather than sit back and let it get worse! My husband was (and is!) really supportive and encouraging, but nothing beats these inspirational success stories.
So THANK YOU ALL! :D
(Now all I've to do is dust the bike down and get back out there!)

AllieBaba 10-02-12 11:15 AM

Wow!

I was feeling sort of weird because I'm a middle aged, overweight woman and I am riding a mountain bike...so I LOVE your pics! And you look fabulous! Thanks for motivating me!

rykard 10-02-12 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timetostart (Post 14798261)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276102 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276103 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276106 Hi Everyone
Have been lurking and not posting for ages, so I thought it was time I chipped in again. Here are my before (in 2007), during (in 2008) & current (last month) shots.
I have to confess that I haven't been riding much, but if it wasn't for this forum I don't think I'd be in the shape I am today. You guys on the forum here were instrumental in me changing my mindset (a BIG thing!) and setting me off on the path to thinking I could actually DO something about the state I was in, rather than sit back and let it get worse! My husband was (and is!) really supportive and encouraging, but nothing beats these inspirational success stories.
So THANK YOU ALL! :D
(Now all I've to do is dust the bike down and get back out there!)

what a great transformation - you must feel so much better now?

Mark Stone 10-02-12 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timetostart (Post 14798261)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276102 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276103 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=276106 Hi Everyone
Have been lurking and not posting for ages, so I thought it was time I chipped in again. Here are my before (in 2007), during (in 2008) & current (last month) shots.
I have to confess that I haven't been riding much, but if it wasn't for this forum I don't think I'd be in the shape I am today. You guys on the forum here were instrumental in me changing my mindset (a BIG thing!) and setting me off on the path to thinking I could actually DO something about the state I was in, rather than sit back and let it get worse! My husband was (and is!) really supportive and encouraging, but nothing beats these inspirational success stories.
So THANK YOU ALL! :D
(Now all I've to do is dust the bike down and get back out there!)

WOW!!! Repeat: WOW!!!! Great job losing. Talk about dedication and purpose! People like you means there's hope for the rest of us!

timetostart 10-03-12 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorlegs (Post 14799467)
WOW!!! Repeat: WOW!!!! Great job losing. Talk about dedication and purpose! People like you means there's hope for the rest of us!

Goodness I don't deserve such praise! It's taken me 4 or 5 years to get down to an "almost" normal BMI. I'm not sure I had that much dedication or purpose!
The main difference is I took early retirement from work when I turned 50 & therefore had more time to cook from scratch.

My husband is retired too, so we both have more time to do stuff. Our favourite Q&A is "Question - What'll we do today? Answer - anything we like!" :D Also less stress equals less chocolate!
I try to eat vegan & just DO a bit more than I used to.

This forum got me cycling, but I'm such a wimp - I'm not brave enough to road cycle much, actually make that "at all" rather than "much" at the moment! But we are lucky that we have off road forest tracks fairly close by, but that involves hitching up the bike carrier, and our summer has been pretty grim - see - any excuse!

But you're right, Rich, I do feel better. Yesterday we got a delivery of sacks of dry cat food, picking up just one 12kilo/26pounds or so bag made me realise just how debilitating all that weight must have been, I lugged around the equivalent of more than three of them all day every day....scary!

Anyway, thanks for your comments
Cathy

AllieBaba 10-03-12 10:55 AM

I'm a chicken too...I think I'm all bad when I go on the mostly paved bike trail, that cuts across an unpaved lot.

I look at the mountain biking picks of bikes perched on boulders and 45 degree cliffsides and I think, no way...followed by "how on EARTH would a person go UP that?"

Do they bounce? I don't get it.

But I still love my bike, I can go anywhere I want to on it.

gforeman 10-05-12 11:03 AM

I just got back from a cruise that started on the 17th of Sept. and ended in Hawaii where I spent a few days. I was ready to step on the scale and have gained at least 10+ lbs. To my amazement, I gained .4 lbs. I guess taking the Spin Class for 5 days on the ship, then working out each day after in the Gym paid off!

philkratz 10-08-12 06:24 PM

Great job everyone! Very cool to see before and after pics. I'm currently 225 lbs and wanna get down to at least 190 .

bigbones73 10-08-12 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gforeman (Post 14810012)
I just got back from a cruise that started on the 17th of Sept. and ended in Hawaii where I spent a few days. I was ready to step on the scale and have gained at least 10+ lbs. To my amazement, I gained .4 lbs. I guess taking the Spin Class for 5 days on the ship, then working out each day after in the Gym paid off!

I still can't get over the fact that you went on a cruise and only gained .4 lbs. Great Job!!!

timetostart 10-09-12 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gforeman (Post 14810012)
I just got back from a cruise that started on the 17th of Sept. and ended in Hawaii where I spent a few days. I was ready to step on the scale and have gained at least 10+ lbs. To my amazement, I gained .4 lbs. I guess taking the Spin Class for 5 days on the ship, then working out each day after in the Gym paid off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbones73 (Post 14820474)
I still can't get over the fact that you went on a cruise and only gained .4 lbs. Great Job!!!

That's what I was thinking! Brilliant!!

krobinson103 10-09-12 06:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=277452
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=277453

The coat hides a lot... but you can that 12000km of cycling in 8 months got me back into shape. 110kg down 82kg. 38 inch waist to 32 inch waist. Body fat percentage at 11% and I can ride a century on an mtb in 5:45. Not bad... for the pain it took to get there.

Mark Stone 10-09-12 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krobinson103 (Post 14821695)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=277452
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=277453

The coat hides a lot... but you can that 12000km of cycling in 8 months got me back into shape. 110kg down 82kg. 38 inch waist to 32 inch waist. Body fat percentage at 11% and I can ride a century on an mtb in 5:45. Not bad... for the pain it took to get there.

What a difference! Congratulations - great job! :thumb:

rykard 10-09-12 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorlegs (Post 14821702)
What a difference! Congratulations - great job! :thumb:

+1 on that

CycleClips 10-17-12 08:40 AM

Great thread, inspiational stories. Well done all.

Dad 2 3 10-22-12 07:08 AM

This was the pic that started it all. This was taken 3/28/12 on a golf outing by my father. To say the least it is an unflattering picture, but it made me think and get on a scale for the first time in a loooooong time. I was 242 lbs (or there about) in this pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g/DSC_0023.jpg

Yesterday's pic on a 64 mile ride with my nephew. I still have a ways to go, but am hovering at 201-204. I will call this the in progress pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g/IMG_0288.jpg

Supermum 10-22-12 08:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So- a while ago (almost 2 years ago actually) I wrote that I would post a before and after pic. I think I got around to posting the before pic, but for whatever reason the after pic didn't happen.

Almost 2 years on, I'm here to fulfil my promise of a before and after pic. In that time, through a combination of healthy eating and exercise (cycling, spinning and running) I've lost 7.5 stone. I now feel fitter and healthier that ever before and my enthusiasm for life knows no bounds!
M:-)

Before - Nov 2010
After - May 2012
Loss = 7.5 stone
Bike - specialised hard rock 2010

OiS 10-22-12 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermum (Post 14866780)
So- a while ago (almost 2 years ago actually) I wrote that I would post a before and after pic. I think I got around to posting the before pic, but for whatever reason the after pic didn't happen.

Almost 2 years on, I'm here to fulfil my promise of a before and after pic. In that time, through a combination of healthy eating and exercise (cycling, spinning and running) I've lost 7.5 stone. I now feel fitter and healthier that ever before and my enthusiasm for life knows no bounds!
M:-)

Before - Nov 2010
After - May 2012
Loss = 7.5 stone
Bike - specialised hard rock 2010

Wow! Awesome effort! The fact that it took a while doesn't make it less impressive, if anything, it makes it more impressive because you have stuck with it and persisted to get to the point you have. I hope you feel very proud of yourself, you certainly deserve to! :thumb:

I look forward to putting up my own some day. At the moment I would only be worthy of a "before" and "in progress" pic! lol


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 AM.