Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1251
  1. #101
    etz
    etz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see someone else enjoying cycling AND rugby. Had to take up the cycling to keep the weight down after I retired my tired and broken body from rugby. Still miss coming off the side of the scrum and smashing the 5/8 though.

  2. #102
    Long haired freak. wethepeople's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Still stuck in hell.
    My Bikes
    2011 SE Old Man Flyer.
    Posts
    6,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, i've had to quit rugby because of a hip injury, but I plan on making a comeback.

    Except at 130lbs I cant play prop or second row any more .

    "the bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began...there was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of a bus to never-ever land."


  3. #103
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bootiful Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    GT Edge for the road/Specialized Hopper (well the frame and the bb, everything else is new) for the dirt
    Posts
    2,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etz
    Glad to see someone else enjoying cycling AND rugby. Had to take up the cycling to keep the weight down after I retired my tired and broken body from rugby. Still miss coming off the side of the scrum and smashing the 5/8 though.
    make that three

    Former tight head prop here. (Although, you'd never know it from my ears. Probably 'cause I led with my forehead.)
    Inside me is a thin man dying to get out.
    (He is kept comfortable by some pie, a half case of Bud, two cheese-dogs and a big screen Sony.)

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    My Bikes
    Dean, De Rosa, Langster, some old Brit track iron
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's me a couple of years ago at 255:

    Last year at 193 or so. Never mind what I'm holding, it's not dirty! And the old
    DeRosa has been retired and replaced with a Dean Titanium.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    My Bikes
    Apollo CX10
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody shocking some of the before and after pics there.

    I'm around the 280lb mark myself, just signed up with that traineo website, looks damn good! Hoping to actually see a real improvement now in that regard.

    I recently had to purchase some jeans from a retailer specialising in large sized clothes. 46inch waist, 34 inch inside leg.

    I used to have my belt done up to the 4th hole on the belt, its now on the sixth and too big for me, in fact walking in my jeans is uncomfortable as they fall down and are held up only by the size of my arse.

    Need to make some extra holes in my belt I think, and record the inches lost maybe. definately easier than trying to measure my waist (different places every damn time).

    Shall try and get a before picture up and may give the timelapse idea a try, certainly cant do any harm.

    Thank you all of you for sharing your inspiration, and Tom im pretty sure your the guy I mentioned over on another forum and you came over to see us. Thanks for giving your time to come visit.

  6. #106
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,158
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ta7h3ad
    Bloody shocking some of the before and after pics there.

    I'm around the 280lb mark myself, just signed up with that traineo website, looks damn good! Hoping to actually see a real improvement now in that regard.

    I recently had to purchase some jeans from a retailer specialising in large sized clothes. 46inch waist, 34 inch inside leg.

    I used to have my belt done up to the 4th hole on the belt, its now on the sixth and too big for me, in fact walking in my jeans is uncomfortable as they fall down and are held up only by the size of my arse.

    Need to make some extra holes in my belt I think, and record the inches lost maybe. definately easier than trying to measure my waist (different places every damn time).

    Shall try and get a before picture up and may give the timelapse idea a try, certainly cant do any harm.

    Thank you all of you for sharing your inspiration, and Tom im pretty sure your the guy I mentioned over on another forum and you came over to see us. Thanks for giving your time to come visit.
    You're welcome, and yep, it was me!

    We're looking forward to your pics and all of us onm the Clydes subforum wish you good fortune in your efforts. If I can ever be of help, feel free to contact me, on the main forum or PM, either way!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  7. #107
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bootiful Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    GT Edge for the road/Specialized Hopper (well the frame and the bb, everything else is new) for the dirt
    Posts
    2,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ta7h3ad
    I used to have my belt done up to the 4th hole on the belt, its now on the sixth and too big for me, in fact walking in my jeans is uncomfortable as they fall down and are held up only by the size of my arse.

    Need to make some extra holes in my belt I think, and record the inches lost maybe. definately easier than trying to measure my waist (different places every damn time).
    Here is my before and... during:

    belt.jpg

    First hole was at 48", newest hole is at 42". I'd like to loose 4" more (maybe 6".)

    I bought a leather hole punch at Home Cheapo. More than paid for itself.
    Inside me is a thin man dying to get out.
    (He is kept comfortable by some pie, a half case of Bud, two cheese-dogs and a big screen Sony.)

  8. #108
    OMG! i'm a DURT gurl!!!! caligurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    HOT, sunny socal desert
    My Bikes
    2007 specialized stumpjumper FSR expert, 2006 specialized ruby pro, 2004 specialized dolce elite, 2005 specialized hardrock
    Posts
    4,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! you all are just AWESOME! what great inspiration for anyone... no matter whether they have to lose 10 or 100 pounds!

    just a truly inspiring thread!!!! you all GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OCP and PROUD!
    "OCP is not just about attitude, it's a way of life!"
    life's too short to ride a crummy bike..........

  9. #109
    Aut Vincere Aut Mori Snuffleupagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    My Bikes
    Irish Cycles Tir na Nog, Jack Kane Team Racing, Fuji Aloha 1.0, GT Karakoram, Motobecane Fly Team
    Posts
    4,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I can't find my one truly FAT pic (6'2" ~290lbs), but if I can get it I'll post it.

    In the meantime, here is a time lapse of several years, and several different builds, left to right, top to bottom:
    July 99 265lbs
    August 99 270lbs
    November 03 220lbs
    March 05 215lbs
    September 06 190lbs
    Currently 187ish...

    End state goal is 170lbs, and to race at least at the CAT2 level. I had a bodybuilding phase from about 01 to 03 that you can sorta see in the running pic. The pic with the green shirt is about the time I really started to get into cycling, and the final pic is a close representation of me right now.


  10. #110
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,158
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  11. #111
    Postmodern Beauty King
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    My Bikes
    Centurion Fix, Jamis Nova, Jamis Crosscountry
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still plenty of work to do, but I've made some progress...

    Partying in 04 at 365 and partying in 06 at 255lbs



    Coffee, biking, working out, diet change. I've dropped 110lbs overall, but I've probably put on about 50lbs of muscle.
    The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection,
    The water has no mind to receive their image.
    -- Zenrin poem.

  12. #112
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anthem, AZ
    My Bikes
    2005 Bianchi San Mateo w/full Campagnolo Veloce; 2006 Motobecane Fantom Cross; 2006 Bianchi Pista chrome
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Here's my before-and-during

    Still a work in progress -- I have another 50 lbs. or so to go before I hit my goal weight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAndrewG
    Still a work in progress -- I have another 50 lbs. or so to go before I hit my goal weight.
    You may be a work in progress, it is VERY impressive progress! Nice job!

  14. #114
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,158
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Edit: Made it a thumbnail, too big! Click the thumb for a larger image!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  15. #115
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bootiful Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    GT Edge for the road/Specialized Hopper (well the frame and the bb, everything else is new) for the dirt
    Posts
    2,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
    Made it a thumbnail, too big! Click the thumb for a larger image!
    there is a joke here somewhere...
    Inside me is a thin man dying to get out.
    (He is kept comfortable by some pie, a half case of Bud, two cheese-dogs and a big screen Sony.)

  16. #116
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,158
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone
    there is a joke here somewhere...
    Actually, a metaphor, shrunk to a thumbnail of my former self!

    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  17. #117
    Air
    Air is offline
    Destroyer of Wheels Air's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Creating some FA-Qs
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, just saw an ex tonight who I haven't seen in about 5 years. First thing she said - "Wow you look thin...er" Also had someone else compliment me this week at my dance studio too.

    So how did I celebrate? 12 mile bikeride followed by pastrami at Katz's. Yeah, I'm spineless...but planning on doing another 10 tonight followed by a lot of construction (plus another 12 miles) tomorrow and 50-100 miles on Sunday. I figure it'll even out by the weekend. Plus that sandwich never tasted so good!

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the guys that have lost a lot of weight, what would you eat on a daily basis? I am currently 294 lbs and have put on 10 lbs this summer, which I am positive is all muscle. I ran a 5k this summer, did 2 biathlons (km swim, 5k run), ride my bike to work every once in awhile, lift weights several days a week and surf regularly. I am training for my first triathlon ever in December. But I can't lose weight. I know it is my diet, but I have changed it drastically and still can't lose weight. I know it is possible, as you guys have clearly shown in this thread, but what is your secret!

  19. #119
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,158
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bburrito
    For the guys that have lost a lot of weight, what would you eat on a daily basis? I am currently 294 lbs and have put on 10 lbs this summer, which I am positive is all muscle. I ran a 5k this summer, did 2 biathlons (km swim, 5k run), ride my bike to work every once in awhile, lift weights several days a week and surf regularly. I am training for my first triathlon ever in December. But I can't lose weight. I know it is my diet, but I have changed it drastically and still can't lose weight. I know it is possible, as you guys have clearly shown in this thread, but what is your secret!
    Keep your caloric intake below your activity level.

    Sounds a lot easier than it is though! You just need to get enough calories to stave off the bonk and consume about 1.5 grms of protein/Kg body mass to prevent too much loss of lean body mass. You WILL lose some, but can prevent a significant amount of muscle loss by providing the protein necessary for metabolic activity. On a high protein, low carb diet, it is important though to keep up the hydration or you can risk the kidneys.

    There are several resources you can use to compute your caloric burn and hold the intake just below what you need for maintenance. Supplement with a good multivitamin and keep the calcium and potassium levels normal as well. (DO NOT overload with potassium though...cardiac damage can result! Your Dr can give you a lot more info on this than you will reliably get from a forum!)

    Here's a simple calculator:
    http://www.wvda.org/calcs/sport.html

    and here's one that is a bit more technical, but cycling specific:
    http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  20. #120
    Air
    Air is offline
    Destroyer of Wheels Air's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Creating some FA-Qs
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here and here should also help a bit too!

  21. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bburrito
    For the guys that have lost a lot of weight, what would you eat on a daily basis? I am currently 294 lbs and have put on 10 lbs this summer, which I am positive is all muscle. I ran a 5k this summer, did 2 biathlons (km swim, 5k run), ride my bike to work every once in awhile, lift weights several days a week and surf regularly. I am training for my first triathlon ever in December. But I can't lose weight. I know it is my diet, but I have changed it drastically and still can't lose weight. I know it is possible, as you guys have clearly shown in this thread, but what is your secret!
    Weight loss is all about taking in less calories than you burn. What YOU need to figure out is what type of food plan you can be consistent with and maintain for a protracted period of time. It is all about eating less and moving more. Whatever YOUR program ends being it needs to work for YOU it also needs to be something that you can do day in and day out and not feel "terribly" deprived.

    Because we all like to eat it is natural to miss some foods, be sure to build into your plan a way you can get some of the things you like to eat. May sure you figure out a way to add to your plan a way to "Cheat" within the rules (maybe once a month you let yourself go out to dinner and order desert but the other 30 days you don't). The goal here is to get your thought processes off the fact that you are limiting yourself.

    Don't try to make too many changes too fast if you do it is very likely you won't stick with any of them. Change one or two things, stick with those changes until they become a habit then add the next series of changes you want to make.

    I would suggest not changing your diet to all new foods to help you lose weight at least not in the beginning. You still need to eat foods that you like or you won't stick with this for the lifetime it will take. My suggestion to you would be to figure out how many calories a day you want to eat (I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 - 2000 should be your target) then plan your days around that. You need to figure out the eating pattern that works for you and makes you feel satisfied.

    I would suggest journaling your food, write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth track its calories make sure your being as good as you think you are. Over time this will become fairly easy. Try and make sure the food your eating have some value to your body (in case your curious Twinkies and Doritos are something we can all live without )

    Exercise is GREAT for a persons physical well being, but it is not the path to serious weight loss. Exercise is also key to keeping weight off.

    I had posted the blurb below on another weight loss forum you may find it of some interest

    I have a decent sized data set stored in my profile in our elliptical (1 years worth). It keeps track of time, mileage and calories. I recorded the mileage and calories every time I reset my profile I did not keep track of elapsed time. Using the stored data I would like to throw our some numbers you folks might find enlightening.

    Miles = 2000
    Calories Burned = 250701
    Calories per mile = 125
    Average speed = 7.5 to 8 minute miles
    Total "pounds" burned = 71
    Pounds per week = 1.35
    Hours per pound = 5.13
    Miles per pound = 28

    To burn a pound I need to be working out at 80 - 85% of my max heart rate, between a 7 and 8 minute mile for just over 5 hours to burn a pound! Just think about that! It is SO much easier not to eat the food than it is to burn it off.

    As you can see from those numbers exercise can assist weight loss but the primary driver needs to come from our food consumption. I don't know about you but I would much rather skip the Cookie Dough Blizzard than spend an hour and 20 minutes on my elliptical .

    Here are some links you might find helpful:

    Calorie Need Calculator : http://www2.vhi.ie/topic/calneed
    Food Tracking Journal : www.fitday.com
    Weight loss support forum : http://boards.webmd.com/webx?50@103....2D.3@.5987f41f
    Calories burned calculator : http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html

    Be careful with that last link. I don't suggest people try to balance their activity verses there intake on a daily basis. What I mean is don't decide you can eat more because you did an extra 10 miles on the bike (Obvious exceptions are if you plan to ride a century or something like that) figure out what your daily average caloric needs are and always try to eat to that level regardless of your activity level. I set my daily caloric target at my basil level for my TARGET weight and ate to that calorie level.

    Controlled caloric intake and moderate exercise will do wonders.

    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Mike_Morrow; 10-23-06 at 01:46 PM.

  22. #122
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,158
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Morrow
    Weight loss is all about taking in less calories than you burn. What YOU need to figure out is what type of food plan you can be consistent with and maintain for a protracted period of time. It is all about eating less and moving more. Whatever YOUR program ends being it needs to work for YOU it also needs to be something that you can do day in and day out and not feel "terribly" deprived.

    Because we all like to eat it is natural to miss some foods, be sure to build into your plan a way you can get some of the things you like to eat. May sure you figure out a way to add to your plan a way to "Cheat" within the rules (maybe once a month you let yourself go out to dinner and order desert but the other 30 days you don't). The goal here is to get your thought processes off the fact that you are limiting yourself.

    Don't try to make too many changes too fast if you do it is very likely you won't stick with any of them. Change one or two things, stick with those changes until they become a habit then add the next series of changes you want to make.

    I would suggest not changing your diet to all new foods to help you lose weight at least not in the beginning. You still need to eat foods that you like or you won't stick with this for the lifetime it will take. My suggestion to you would be to figure out how many calories a day you want to eat (I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 - 2000 should be your target) then plan your days around that. You need to figure out the eating pattern that works for you and makes you feel satisfied.

    I would suggest journaling your food, write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth track its calories make sure your being as good as you think you are. Over time this will become fairly easy. Try and make sure the food your eating have some value to your body (in case your curious Twinkies and Doritos are something we can all live without )

    Exercise is GREAT for a persons physical well being, but it is not the path to serious weight loss. Exercise is also key to keeping weight off.

    I had posted the blurb below on another weight loss forum you may find it of some interest

    I have a decent sized data set stored in my profile in our elliptical (1 years worth). It keeps track of time, mileage and calories. I recorded the mileage and calories every time I reset my profile I did not keep track of elapsed time. Using the stored data I would like to throw our some numbers you folks might find enlightening.

    Miles = 2000
    Calories Burned = 250701
    Calories per mile = 125
    Average speed = 7.5 to 8 minute miles
    Total "pounds" burned = 71
    Pounds per week = 1.35
    Hours per pound = 5.13
    Miles per pound = 28

    To burn a pound I need to be working out at 80 - 85% of my max heart rate, between a 7 and 8 minute mile for just over 5 hours to burn a pound! Just think about that! It is SO much easier not to eat the food than it is to burn it off.

    As you can see from those numbers exercise can assist weight loss but the primary driver needs to come from our food consumption. I don't know about you but I would much rather skip the Cookie Dough Blizzard than spend an hour and 20 minutes on my elliptical .

    Here are some links you might find helpful:

    Calorie Need Calculator : http://www2.vhi.ie/topic/calneed
    Food Tracking Journal : www.fitday.com
    Weight loss support forum : http://boards.webmd.com/webx?50@103....2D.3@.5987f41f
    Calories burned calculator : http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html

    Be careful with that last link. I don't suggest people try to balance their activity verses there intake on a daily basis. What I mean is don't decide you can eat more because you did an extra 10 miles on the bike (Obvious exceptions are if you plan to ride a century or something like that) figure out what your daily average caloric needs are and always try to eat to that level regardless of your activity level. I set me daily caloric target at my basil level for my TARGET weight and ate to that calorie level.

    Controlled caloric intake and moderate exercise will do wonders.

    Good Luck!
    BETTER explanation of what I was trying to say! Thanks Mike!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  23. #123
    TX Ciclista CarlJStoneham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1500 & '00 Trek 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methinks this thread needs some bumpage. I would post some pics but, as my sig shows, it's been a rough year Ah well, at least my motivation is back. 230 by the end of the summer or die

  24. #124
    Senior Member mattyknacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheepshead Bay
    My Bikes
    2008 Trek 520
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are my before shots. I was 360 plus when these were taken in July 2006. I have lost over 50 pounds since then.

    Good luck everyone!

    Matty in Brooklyn
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #125
    Leaving Clydehood cydisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    My Bikes
    Trek 850
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My avatar is a good approximation of what I look like now. I'll post a new one around RAGBRAI time.
    Standard disclaimer applies. Your mileage may vary.

    2005 Schwinn Fastback (fast commuter)
    1995 Trek 950 (foul weather/possible winter commuter)
    1990 Trek 850 (rehabbed and given to daughter)
    2009 Nashbar single speed (Gift to son for college)

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •