Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: 69 cm road bike

  1. #1
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    69 cm road bike

    This really is* one, for all you 6'4" and taller guys. Nice parts on it.

    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/365597441.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    My Bikes
    04 Specialized Allez Comp. 99Trek 4500MTB. 84 Raleigh Marathon.
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! that's a huge bike!

  3. #3
    Senior Member JumboRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering I am 6'4", but with only a 34" inseam, and my 62cm is tickling the tackle, I would say that bike is for a much taller person.

  4. #4
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone really needs it, I can go get it, but you have to REALLY* need it-- because it would be hard to get to you unless you live between MN and KS.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Caincando1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dodge Center, MN
    My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 1.0
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg
    This really is* one, for all you 6'4" and taller guys. Nice parts on it.

    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/365597441.html
    That's to funny I've been searching craigslist for a used bike and saw that this morning.

  6. #6
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caincando1
    That's to funny I've been searching craigslist for a used bike and saw that this morning.
    What kind of bike are you looking for and what size? I'm scouting around for cool older bikes and can keep my eye out at the garage sales for you. Found a mint higher-end Schwinn last weekend that was just a little too big.

    If you know exactly what you're looking for, feel free to send me your phone in a PM and I'll stash it in my car when I'm garage saling. I've found a Bridgestone NB-26 (not a great bike but RARE and a Terry (Hard-To-Find women's bike). Both good deals but don't fit me. I have to stop doing that.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Caincando1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dodge Center, MN
    My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 1.0
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg
    What kind of bike are you looking for and what size? I'm scouting around for cool older bikes and can keep my eye out at the garage sales for you. Found a mint higher-end Schwinn last weekend that was just a little too big.

    If you know exactly what you're looking for, feel free to send me your phone in a PM and I'll stash it in my car when I'm garage saling. I've found a Bridgestone NB-26 (not a great bike but RARE and a Terry (Hard-To-Find women's bike). Both good deals but don't fit me. I have to stop doing that.
    I'm looking to upgrade from my nav 300 to a road bike or a CX bike. I'm cheap and looking for something as new as possible for about $300-500. I found this and conincidentaly I'll be in white bear lake this weekend. So I might stop buy and look at it. It's an 01 or and 02 and he thinks it's a 58cm. I'm not sure what it's worth.

    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/362393846.html

  8. #8
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick google search shows it's a fair price, maybe slightly better. If it's been upgraded, then even better! Review seem to be good. One guy talked about a shimmying front wheel he's been unable to fix, so maybe look at that closely. Good Luck!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Caincando1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dodge Center, MN
    My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 1.0
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg
    A quick google search shows it's a fair price, maybe slightly better. If it's been upgraded, then even better! Review seem to be good. One guy talked about a shimmying front wheel he's been unable to fix, so maybe look at that closely. Good Luck!
    It's bone stock, but he just called me back and said he'd take 400. I was thinking that if I could pick it up for 350 I'd take it so maybe I'll do 400. I have to stop at the trek dealer and ride a 58 and see how it fits before I waste my time.

  10. #10
    Perma-Clyde (51)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Suncoast, FL
    My Bikes
    Trek Hybrid 7200
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea what the top tube length is? That's where I run into problems.
    http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forum...fault/beer.gif In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. -Ben Franklin

  11. #11
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Write to him and ask! I actually could* get it to you in Florida, probably, if you can wait until next January.... I'll be driving down to Naples.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Caincando1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dodge Center, MN
    My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 1.0
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by (51)
    Any idea what the top tube length is? That's where I run into problems.
    How tall are you if you are even considering that bike? Man I'd get a nose bleed up on that thing and I'm 6 feet tall.

  13. #13
    Perma-Clyde (51)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Suncoast, FL
    My Bikes
    Trek Hybrid 7200
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg
    Write to him and ask! I actually could* get it to you in Florida, probably, if you can wait until next January.... I'll be driving down to Naples.
    I have emailed him.

    If need be, I could pick it up in Naples (I'd pay you for delivery). Naples is about 1.5-2 hours south of me.
    http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forum...fault/beer.gif In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. -Ben Franklin

  14. #14
    Perma-Clyde (51)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Suncoast, FL
    My Bikes
    Trek Hybrid 7200
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caincando1
    How tall are you if you are even considering that bike? Man I'd get a nose bleed up on that thing and I'm 6 feet tall.
    About a foot taller than you
    http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forum...fault/beer.gif In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. -Ben Franklin

  15. #15
    Senior Member Caincando1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dodge Center, MN
    My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 1.0
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by (51)
    About a foot taller than you
    That just might fit then.

  16. #16
    Perma-Clyde (51)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Suncoast, FL
    My Bikes
    Trek Hybrid 7200
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Top Tube is 59cm/24in...Too tight for me. The bike is very tall, but normal "width".
    http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forum...fault/beer.gif In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. -Ben Franklin

  17. #17
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    15,958
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You are going to need a full custom, like a Zinn. Simple as that!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  18. #18
    Senior Member EGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY. Made in France
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bike is a freak! ...or maybe the guy riding it...

  19. #19
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a couple of guys that bike would fit- my brother being one of them. In fact, I told an inlaw about the bike, too, since he's 6'8. Being basketball-player size is getting more and more common. It's just hard to find equipment sometimes, which is why I posted it here, in the Clyde* forum, where we're all a bit big in some direction. Let's not be so quick to label.

  20. #20
    Senior Member EGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY. Made in France
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg
    I know a couple of guys that bike would fit- my brother being one of them. In fact, I told an inlaw about the bike, too, since he's 6'8. Being basketball-player size is getting more and more common. It's just hard to find equipment sometimes, which is why I posted it here, in the Clyde* forum, where we're all a bit big in some direction. Let's not be so quick to label.
    If this was directed towards me, 'Freak' is not necessarily derogatory in my expression, though perhaps I should have added a

  21. #21
    Gears? CliftonGK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2009 Spesh Singlecross, 2011 RM Flow1
    Posts
    11,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by (51)
    The Top Tube is 59cm/24in...Too tight for me. The bike is very tall, but normal "width".
    Woah. That's one short (TT) bike for being so tall. I suppose, from looking at it, that the lay-back from the seat angle and the reach from the stem make up for the lack of TT length.
    Or the original rider was 6'9" and only needed a 32/33 shirtsleeve.
    "I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
    - Mandi M.

  22. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    wanted; 69cm Bridgestone 400 also!

    I was wondering if anyone knows where to find this bike also. I owned a 69cm 1985 Bridgestone 400, but it was stolen in 1987. I'm 6'6" and it was the most comfortable bike I've ever tried do to the additional lenght between the seat and handle bars, although I barely had long enough legs (36" inseam). If anyone runs accross this bike in the Southern California areaI would love to know.

    Thanks,

    Rev. Damon Vix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •