I see every one says that its best to run road tires for road riding but how much better is it then a set of knobbies? Would it be worth the money for me to invest in a set of road tires?
What I have is a Montague Paratrooper that is set up as a MTB. Would I benefit from road tires? 75% of my riding is on pavement with the other 25% being on gravel and smooth dirt. Could I just use new tires or would I need to swap out the rims too?
I have always road MTBs and never had a problem. The reason I care now is because it looks like I might be taking a security job that will allow me to do a lot of my patrols on a bike if I wish and if road tires are going to make riding easier then I want to be able to spend as much time riding as possible.
Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.