Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   Hello Everyone. (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/401202-hello-everyone.html)

RoaringMad Mac 03-26-08 11:10 AM

Hello Everyone.
 
Hello there everyone.

Well I definately qualify as a clydedale. More times over than you think. I am around 388 right now. Although I am in pretty good health being that I lift weights everyday. Being a former powerlifter.

I have ridden bikes for a number of years now.

I used to be a bike cop in the town I lived in about 6 years ago then I worked at a College as a bike cop as well. I got a job working with my father in Law and have been sitting at a desk for the past year and it has taken it's toll on me. I decided a couple of weeks ago to get out back on the road and me and my wife went and purchased bikes. Best decision I could have made.

I just recently had shoulder surgery and cannot lift weight until about May so maybe this is a blessing in disguise that I can only really ride my bike. I am looking forward to getting this weight back down. This time I would love to see it come off under 300 lbs.

To make a long story short. about 13 years ago. I weighed about what I weighed now. but with not near as much muscle and I was really bad out of shape. I was a patrol Deputy in Madison Ms. and I had to go through the Police Academy. I really embaressed myself and flunked out the first day and was sent home.

I had to turn in my car and go back to work in the jail. Well, at the time I did not have a vehicle and I went and purchased my first bike. A Diamond back MTB. I lived about 4 miles from the county Jail and started riding to work every day. I did this for over a year and got my weight back down. I did purchase a car LOL for dirt cheap and used it to go to the gym 20 miles from where I lived. Being a stronger and bigger guy the weights took over and I started competing again in Powerlifting.

However, I never forgot my roots in riding my bike. I am trying to find those roots again.

I did eventually go back to the academy and pass with flying colors in the academic and physical aspects of the training. I Actually trained hard enough and got down to 300 lbs for the academy and actually gained some weight while I was there. I am hoping that now I will get back my cycling roots and find my ideal weight. I am 35 years old about 6'2 and like I said 388 lbs right now.

Wish me luck.

RoaringMad Mac 03-26-08 11:12 AM

oh yeah. Odd thing is I am a Personal Trainer and help admin a website dedicated to Bodybuilding and powerlifting. If you are interested in seeing what a big Clydesdale I am here is the website.

http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/index.php

Moderators I am not trying to spam out site. I apologize if my link is not permitted.

bautieri 03-26-08 11:19 AM

Welcome to our little forum :-D. Congratulations on the new bicycles and in making the decision to change your lifestyle it sounds to me like you are well on your way. Just be certain to observe the unofficial rules of posting pictures and sharing your adventures with us. Seriously, it helps to keep everyone motivated.

As you know by now, luck has nothing to do with it. It's just you and your will power to make a change.

Bau

bigwies 03-26-08 11:53 AM

Welcome aboard

JohnKScott 03-26-08 01:20 PM

Hi there and welcome!

v1k1ng1001 03-26-08 02:12 PM

Welcome to the forums!

East Hill 03-26-08 02:37 PM

Hi RMM, quite an interesting story there! Glad to see you come and visit us, and even though you're an admin on the other site, don't forget to come and visit us every once in a while :) .

Welcome to BikeForums!

east Hill

themetalman 03-26-08 07:30 PM

welcome..one more clydesdale to the group...

Mazama 03-27-08 01:38 AM

Welcome!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_140.gif

RoaringMad Mac 03-27-08 09:24 AM

Oh I will be here everyday I assume now. I have gotten the bike bug again.

Neil_B 03-27-08 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 6408022)
Hello there everyone.

Well I definately qualify as a clydedale. More times over than you think. I am around 388 right now. Although I am in pretty good health being that I lift weights everyday. Being a former powerlifter.

I have ridden bikes for a number of years now.

I used to be a bike cop in the town I lived in about 6 years ago then I worked at a College as a bike cop as well. I got a job working with my father in Law and have been sitting at a desk for the past year and it has taken it's toll on me. I decided a couple of weeks ago to get out back on the road and me and my wife went and purchased bikes. Best decision I could have made.

I just recently had shoulder surgery and cannot lift weight until about May so maybe this is a blessing in disguise that I can only really ride my bike. I am looking forward to getting this weight back down. This time I would love to see it come off under 300 lbs.

To make a long story short. about 13 years ago. I weighed about what I weighed now. but with not near as much muscle and I was really bad out of shape. I was a patrol Deputy in Madison Ms. and I had to go through the Police Academy. I really embaressed myself and flunked out the first day and was sent home.

I had to turn in my car and go back to work in the jail. Well, at the time I did not have a vehicle and I went and purchased my first bike. A Diamond back MTB. I lived about 4 miles from the county Jail and started riding to work every day. I did this for over a year and got my weight back down. I did purchase a car LOL for dirt cheap and used it to go to the gym 20 miles from where I lived. Being a stronger and bigger guy the weights took over and I started competing again in Powerlifting.

However, I never forgot my roots in riding my bike. I am trying to find those roots again.

I did eventually go back to the academy and pass with flying colors in the academic and physical aspects of the training. I Actually trained hard enough and got down to 300 lbs for the academy and actually gained some weight while I was there. I am hoping that now I will get back my cycling roots and find my ideal weight. I am 35 years old about 6'2 and like I said 388 lbs right now.

Wish me luck.

Luck has little to do with it. I wish you determination and knowledge. That's all you need. And the C and A forum is the place to read, and post, about it.

RoaringMad Mac 03-27-08 09:41 AM

Your right, Luck has nothing to do with it.

My determination is up 100% now that I am healing nicely from my shoulder surgery. Thanks for all the kind words.

RoaringMad Mac 03-27-08 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Historian (Post 6414204)
Luck has little to do with it. I wish you determination and knowledge. That's all you need. And the C and A forum is the place to read, and post, about it.


I know I am newbie on this site but what and where is the C and A forum part of this board.

Neil_B 03-27-08 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 6414263)
I know I am newbie on this site but what and where is the C and A forum part of this board.

You are on it. C and A was short for Clydesdale and Athena. Sorry for the confusion! And welcome!

RoaringMad Mac 03-27-08 09:48 AM

Okay DUHHHH !!!!! I should have figured that out. Thanks again. This was actually the first one I came to.

I just posted pics in the transformation thread as well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.