Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Hello Everyone.

  1. #1
    Senior Member RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp. and a Giant Sedona. Also a stationary bike.
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello Everyone.

    Hello there everyone.

    Well I definately qualify as a clydedale. More times over than you think. I am around 388 right now. Although I am in pretty good health being that I lift weights everyday. Being a former powerlifter.

    I have ridden bikes for a number of years now.

    I used to be a bike cop in the town I lived in about 6 years ago then I worked at a College as a bike cop as well. I got a job working with my father in Law and have been sitting at a desk for the past year and it has taken it's toll on me. I decided a couple of weeks ago to get out back on the road and me and my wife went and purchased bikes. Best decision I could have made.

    I just recently had shoulder surgery and cannot lift weight until about May so maybe this is a blessing in disguise that I can only really ride my bike. I am looking forward to getting this weight back down. This time I would love to see it come off under 300 lbs.

    To make a long story short. about 13 years ago. I weighed about what I weighed now. but with not near as much muscle and I was really bad out of shape. I was a patrol Deputy in Madison Ms. and I had to go through the Police Academy. I really embaressed myself and flunked out the first day and was sent home.

    I had to turn in my car and go back to work in the jail. Well, at the time I did not have a vehicle and I went and purchased my first bike. A Diamond back MTB. I lived about 4 miles from the county Jail and started riding to work every day. I did this for over a year and got my weight back down. I did purchase a car LOL for dirt cheap and used it to go to the gym 20 miles from where I lived. Being a stronger and bigger guy the weights took over and I started competing again in Powerlifting.

    However, I never forgot my roots in riding my bike. I am trying to find those roots again.

    I did eventually go back to the academy and pass with flying colors in the academic and physical aspects of the training. I Actually trained hard enough and got down to 300 lbs for the academy and actually gained some weight while I was there. I am hoping that now I will get back my cycling roots and find my ideal weight. I am 35 years old about 6'2 and like I said 388 lbs right now.

    Wish me luck.

  2. #2
    Senior Member RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp. and a Giant Sedona. Also a stationary bike.
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah. Odd thing is I am a Personal Trainer and help admin a website dedicated to Bodybuilding and powerlifting. If you are interested in seeing what a big Clydesdale I am here is the website.

    http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/index.php

    Moderators I am not trying to spam out site. I apologize if my link is not permitted.

  3. #3
    Downtown Spanky Brown bautieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pennsyltucky
    My Bikes
    07 Raliegh Grand Sport 98ish Mongoose Manuever
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to our little forum :-D. Congratulations on the new bicycles and in making the decision to change your lifestyle it sounds to me like you are well on your way. Just be certain to observe the unofficial rules of posting pictures and sharing your adventures with us. Seriously, it helps to keep everyone motivated.

    As you know by now, luck has nothing to do with it. It's just you and your will power to make a change.

    Bau

  4. #4
    Mega Clyde bigwies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melrose, MA
    My Bikes
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker, 2007 Trek 7100
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard
    Big Wies

    Surly Long Haul Trucker
    Trek 7100

  5. #5
    Senior Member JohnKScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    My Bikes
    None yo damn binness
    Posts
    3,094
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there and welcome!

  6. #6
    Gorntastic! v1k1ng1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States of Mexico
    Posts
    3,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums!

  7. #7
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi RMM, quite an interesting story there! Glad to see you come and visit us, and even though you're an admin on the other site, don't forget to come and visit us every once in a while .

    Welcome to BikeForums!

    east Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    burbank, ca
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome..one more clydesdale to the group...

  9. #9
    Bikezilla Mazama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Flori-Duh
    My Bikes
    Co-Motion Mazama
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!
    14,000 miles and rolling...

  10. #10
    Senior Member RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp. and a Giant Sedona. Also a stationary bike.
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I will be here everyday I assume now. I have gotten the bike bug again.

  11. #11
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
    Hello there everyone.

    Well I definately qualify as a clydedale. More times over than you think. I am around 388 right now. Although I am in pretty good health being that I lift weights everyday. Being a former powerlifter.

    I have ridden bikes for a number of years now.

    I used to be a bike cop in the town I lived in about 6 years ago then I worked at a College as a bike cop as well. I got a job working with my father in Law and have been sitting at a desk for the past year and it has taken it's toll on me. I decided a couple of weeks ago to get out back on the road and me and my wife went and purchased bikes. Best decision I could have made.

    I just recently had shoulder surgery and cannot lift weight until about May so maybe this is a blessing in disguise that I can only really ride my bike. I am looking forward to getting this weight back down. This time I would love to see it come off under 300 lbs.

    To make a long story short. about 13 years ago. I weighed about what I weighed now. but with not near as much muscle and I was really bad out of shape. I was a patrol Deputy in Madison Ms. and I had to go through the Police Academy. I really embaressed myself and flunked out the first day and was sent home.

    I had to turn in my car and go back to work in the jail. Well, at the time I did not have a vehicle and I went and purchased my first bike. A Diamond back MTB. I lived about 4 miles from the county Jail and started riding to work every day. I did this for over a year and got my weight back down. I did purchase a car LOL for dirt cheap and used it to go to the gym 20 miles from where I lived. Being a stronger and bigger guy the weights took over and I started competing again in Powerlifting.

    However, I never forgot my roots in riding my bike. I am trying to find those roots again.

    I did eventually go back to the academy and pass with flying colors in the academic and physical aspects of the training. I Actually trained hard enough and got down to 300 lbs for the academy and actually gained some weight while I was there. I am hoping that now I will get back my cycling roots and find my ideal weight. I am 35 years old about 6'2 and like I said 388 lbs right now.

    Wish me luck.
    Luck has little to do with it. I wish you determination and knowledge. That's all you need. And the C and A forum is the place to read, and post, about it.

  12. #12
    Senior Member RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp. and a Giant Sedona. Also a stationary bike.
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right, Luck has nothing to do with it.

    My determination is up 100% now that I am healing nicely from my shoulder surgery. Thanks for all the kind words.

  13. #13
    Senior Member RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp. and a Giant Sedona. Also a stationary bike.
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Luck has little to do with it. I wish you determination and knowledge. That's all you need. And the C and A forum is the place to read, and post, about it.

    I know I am newbie on this site but what and where is the C and A forum part of this board.

  14. #14
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
    I know I am newbie on this site but what and where is the C and A forum part of this board.
    You are on it. C and A was short for Clydesdale and Athena. Sorry for the confusion! And welcome!

  15. #15
    Senior Member RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp. and a Giant Sedona. Also a stationary bike.
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay DUHHHH !!!!! I should have figured that out. Thanks again. This was actually the first one I came to.

    I just posted pics in the transformation thread as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •