This thread got me thinking. Probably (at this point) just daydreaming, and certainly out of curiosity, but what would you all think of a Clydesdale Century event?
It would need some diverse requirements:
- Would need to be somewhat centrally located in the US to be close to all,
- Needs a variety of routes with varied terrain: completely flat to somewhat hilly (mountainous?)
- Maybe even access to a rail-to-trail as many of us are keen on those type rides
- A variety of lengths (25-mile to metric- and imperial-century distances)
- Finishers get certificates of accomplishments at the very least (many rides do patches or medals)
This variety would accommodate the largest (sorry..) number of clydes/athenas. It would be an encouragement to riders who are trying to ride faster/farther. This could give them a goal to work toward. Start small, make it into a large ( can't help myself) event that draws clydes from all across the US.
What d'ya think? Sound intriguing or interesting?