I used to ride like a "madman" and then had to give it up due to family issues. Now that was two years ago and during that time I gained a lot of weight. Furthermore, during my hiatus, I sold all my gear; therefore, I had to start from scratch.
My journey back into cycling began today. In order to begin my journey I purchased the following:
1. A Brand New 2006 Trek Madone 5.9 SL - Andromeda (It was a Brand NEW OLD Stock - Just a lucky Find)
2. Garmin Edge 305 - WalMart had a killer deal
3. Giro Atmos Helmet
4. Shimano SPD-SL Pedals
5. Jersey and Bibs from AeroTech
6. Descente Gloves
7. Blackburn Carbon Cages (Two) - Polar Water Bottles
8. Already had my Shimano Carbon shoes
9. Blackburn TP-5 Team Pump - Kept it because it has an awesome TWO Stage pump system
10. Bag with Air-Chuck, 16G CO2, Patches, Tire Iron and some Tubes.
I rode today for the first time in two years and boy was it difficult. I rode about 16 miles and my butt, lungs and legs were hurting the entire time. I felt like I was riding the likes of Vista Ridge in the OC but in actuality I was only riding on a flat course on the Santa Ana River Trail.
I just had to say that it was a very difficult ride and I see a long road ahead of me. I know it is going to take me months to get used to it but it feels great to be a "roadie" once again.
Just wanted to re-introduce myself because I am looking forward to riding again.....