Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lance Armstrong Returns!

    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26609987/

    He's racing for free! I'm so excited. I gotta go riding!


  2. #2
    Triathlon in my future??? flip18436572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southwest Iowa
    My Bikes
    Junk, that is why I am here. :-)
    Posts
    2,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if it is good or bad.
    2007 Jamis Ventura Comp
    2006 Jamis Explorer 2.0
    2000 Specialized Hardrock (bought used)
    Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun

  3. #3
    Senior Member dbikingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Spokane/Tri-Cities WA
    My Bikes
    mountain bike, road bike
    Posts
    1,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be exciting to see him race, but I'm not sure it is the best thing for him. If he does race the five races listed, I'm not sure he should race the TdF. Seems one of the reasons for his success in the Tour was that he didn't race the other races to concentrate on only the Tour.

  4. #4
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know he's been showing up at the weekly races in Austin quite a bit lately.

    I would like to see him at some of the races listed, but I'm not sure about the tour. He's accomplished all he can accomplish there, and I think to would be just sad to see anything less than what we came to be so in awe of.

    Aside from Astana, is there another team riding Trek? The new Cervolo team would seem a good fit, but that would be counter productive in his long standing relationship with Trek.

    I'm pretty sure his shop in Austin is a Trek store, even though he sells other boutique brands, I think. I hope to go see it next month, so I hope it has more than Trek, lol.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lil brown bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boston (sort of)
    My Bikes
    1 road, 1 Urban Assault Vehicle
    Posts
    3,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astana says "he ain't with us."

    It's all rumor mill at this point.

  6. #6
    Senior Member lutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance never ever reached Clyde status !

  7. #7
    Senior Member rideorglide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    My Bikes
    Leader 780-R; Rockhopper FSR;Trek 660; Kona Blast Hardtail
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was coming back as a clyde, oh well.

  8. #8
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lil brown bat View Post
    Astana says "he ain't with us."

    It's all rumor mill at this point.
    No longer. LAF sent me, and probably a million other people, an email confirming that Lance is returning to professional cycling.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
    I do know he's been showing up at the weekly races in Austin quite a bit lately.

    I would like to see him at some of the races listed, but I'm not sure about the tour. He's accomplished all he can accomplish there, and I think to would be just sad to see anything less than what we came to be so in awe of.

    Aside from Astana, is there another team riding Trek? The new Cervolo team would seem a good fit, but that would be counter productive in his long standing relationship with Trek.

    I'm pretty sure his shop in Austin is a Trek store, even though he sells other boutique brands, I think. I hope to go see it next month, so I hope it has more than Trek, lol.
    Personally I wish him well....

    I agree he should probably skip the TdF, it would be nice to see him doing other races. What I really think he should do, is work with training new racers, it would keep him in the business, without having to race himself, as racing is more of a young mans thing.....

  10. #10
    Senior Member lil brown bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boston (sort of)
    My Bikes
    1 road, 1 Urban Assault Vehicle
    Posts
    3,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    No longer. LAF sent me, and probably a million other people, an email confirming that Lance is returning to professional cycling.
    He doesn't have a team yet, though. Astana was indeed a rumor, which might end up happening, but Bruyneel isn't promising anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •