Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
  1. #1
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    The 'I Wish I Still Looked Like This' Pic Post!

    I think back to when we were young. If we had only gotten into cycling then. Would have been so much easier, maybe! Of course there were the kids to take care of, family stuff getting in the way. But if only we had gotten into riding back then. Gina might have whipped out a few centuries, no sweat! I might have taken an hour off my climbing ride times. Oh how I wish!.......Inpsired by 10 Wheels topless pic!

    Hmmm, maybe looking at a few pics will spark my desire to train again!


    Gina, 20 years go at age 25. Thought she had fat legs, I don't think so! At about 125 lbs, climbing material!


    Me, 17 years ago at age 28 (200 lbs). Played everything but cycling. The hills would have been so much easier, I just know it! Of course, I thought I was fat back then too. Pfft, don't ask for today's topless pics!

  2. #2
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    Posts
    25,531
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started on a Three Wheeler at age 3.5 years

    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
    Started on a Three Wheeler at age 3.5 years
    Ha! Dig them cycling shoes!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we only knew then what we know now.

    When I was 28, I was 200lbs lighter than today. But, I've taken steps to change that. I had the LapBand surgery 3 weeks ago, and I'm gearing up to make my daily commute a bicycle commute. First on an ebike, then eventually on a regular bike. Winter is coming, but I'm going to face it head on.

    regards
    Tyler

  5. #5
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeizeTech View Post
    If we only knew then what we know now.

    When I was 28, I was 200lbs lighter than today. But, I've taken steps to change that. I had the LapBand surgery 3 weeks ago, and I'm gearing up to make my daily commute a bicycle commute. First on an ebike, then eventually on a regular bike. Winter is coming, but I'm going to face it head on.

    regards
    Tyler
    Cool, you go Dude!

    Then next year you will be expected to start the thread. But more like "To heck with what used to be! This is what I look like Now"!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Cool, you go Dude!

    Then next year you will be expected to start the thread. But more like "To heck with what used to be! This is what I look like Now"!
    ok, thats a promise.

    thanks
    Tyler

  7. #7
    Bikezilla Mazama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Flori-Duh
    My Bikes
    Co-Motion Mazama
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neato
    14,000 miles and rolling...

  8. #8
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
    Neato

    That's for sure a Bobby Sherman/ Keith Partridge hair-doo!

  9. #9
    Grammar Cop Condorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Papa Smurf's Lair
    My Bikes
    in my sig line
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    1970
    That which does not kill me has made a massive tactical blunder.
    Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen. Louis L'Amour
    '07 Giant Cypress WSD "Radagast the Beige-and-Black" * '97 (?) Bianchi Premio "Orion" * '09 Trek Allant "The Black Pearl"

  10. #10
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Condorita View Post

    1970


    Whoah, AAAAHHHHH RRRRUFFFF! Bow Wow Yippe Yo Yippe Yay! Oh Mamma! ICE WATER! ICE WATER! PLEASE SOMEONE, ICEWATER! DAAAAAAM GURL, you be lookin' fine!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,944
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread really, really needs a now picture as well.

  12. #12
    VoodooChile zoste's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    AZ
    My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll
    Posts
    1,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogsterca View Post
    This thread really, really needs a now picture as well.
    OK...I'll play, too...

    Here's one from about 70 pounds and three decades ago



    Another (not a mug shot - from a school ID):



    Here's me about fifty pounds ago in the other direction, (before I started riding)



    Just finishing a century two months ago

    Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand

  13. #13
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BIGBEARD!!!!School ID????? High school or middle school?

    Heck, I'm way out of school and still trying to grow hair under my arms at 45!

  14. #14
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Recent pic Gina



    Me! No beer, all enchiladas!


    US!
    Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 10-05-08 at 08:56 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member dbikingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Spokane/Tri-Cities WA
    My Bikes
    mountain bike, road bike
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zoste - Did you play in a southern rock band back in the 70's?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Hill-Pumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Oregon looking for more hills to ride
    My Bikes
    2013 Norco Sight Killer B-1,2013 Lynskey R330, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right,my turn.

    This is me 15 years ago (28 years old) at 169 pounds. I worked at a tire shop at the time doing truck and tractor tires, so that kept me pretty skinny. The only form of cardio I did back then was getting my heart pounding by drag racing the car that I am leaning against in the picture. Unfortunately, what really got me weight down at the time was the stress from my divorce.



    This is my now picture at 198 pounds right after my first metric this summer.

  17. #17
    VoodooChile zoste's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    AZ
    My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll
    Posts
    1,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    BIGBEARD!!!!School ID????? High school or middle school?

    Heck, I'm way out of school and still trying to grow hair under my arms at 45!
    You sure you want to know?



    OK - here goes:





    Oh yeh...played guitar in a rock band, but not until the 90's...we had no name and never played out...just an excuse to get together, drink fire water and make noise
    Last edited by zoste; 10-05-08 at 05:27 PM.
    Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chino, California
    My Bikes
    Felt F1,Felt FA, Fuji Club LE and Specialized Allez
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mr. Beanz!! I've have met you before!! Do you remember being at the first set of restrooms in Huntington Beach ( right after the trail ends) about four months ago and a tall Black guy with a group of about five riders was checking out your bike? That was me. I remember how impressed I was to see Deep Vs on a road bike. My buddy that walked over there with me was riding a steel frame 2007 Lemond Sarthe and we were just impressed with your bike. I was riding my Felt F85 with Neuvation M28 Aeros. I remember asking you what you though of the Deep Vs and you mentioning that they were a little heavy but their strong. I saw the pic of you on your bike above and it occurred to me that you were the one I had spoken to that day.

  20. #20
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terbennett View Post
    Hey Mr. Beanz!! I've have met you before!! Do you remember being at the first set of restrooms in Huntington Beach ( right after the trail ends) about four months ago and a tall Black guy with a group of about five riders was checking out your bike? That was me. I remember how impressed I was to see Deep Vs on a road bike. My buddy that walked over there with me was riding a steel frame 2007 Lemond Sarthe and we were just impressed with your bike. I was riding my Felt F85 with Neuvation M28 Aeros. I remember asking you what you though of the Deep Vs and you mentioning that they were a little heavy but their strong. I saw the pic of you on your bike above and it occurred to me that you were the one I had spoken to that day.
    Hey Yeah, I remember that well! Not the face but I remember you and your bud. I think you brought up the fact that V's were popular with the fixies. I do remember you two though! Strange, it's a small world.

    I'm thinking I mentioned the forums in our conversation.....And Yeah, it's me!

  21. #21
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper View Post
    All right,my turn.

    This is me 15 years ago (28 years old) at 169 pounds. I worked at a tire shop at the time doing truck and tractor tires, so that kept me pretty skinny. The only form of cardio I did back then was getting my heart pounding by drag racing the car that I am leaning against in the picture. Unfortunately, what really got me weight down at the time was the stress from my divorce.

    Secret weapon. Drag racing mixed with divorce. That will do it everytime!

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chino, California
    My Bikes
    Felt F1,Felt FA, Fuji Club LE and Specialized Allez
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Hey Yeah, I remember that well! Not the face but I remember you and your bud. I think you brought up the fact that V's were popular with the fixies. I do remember you two though! Strange, it's a small world.

    I'm thinking I mentioned the forums in our conversation.....And Yeah, it's me!
    Yeah, that was us. My buddy is usually riding fixed gear when he's not riding with me. I wish I had gone with the silver Vs. They look really nice on your bike.
    Last edited by terbennett; 10-06-08 at 11:05 PM.

  23. #23
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    13,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've posted these elsewhere but no one wants to notice me or comment. So I'm going to keep posting these pics until the Girls of Foo start throwing themselves at me. This first one is me right now, posing with a couple of my bikes:



    This second one is me about 25 years ago, posing with the bike that got me everywhere at that time in my life.








    Scroll down some more....


















    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  24. #24
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terbennett View Post
    Yeah, that was us. My buddy is usually riding fixed gear when he's not riding with me. I wish I had gone with the siver Vs. They look really nice on your bike.

    Yup, that's us! But my rims are actually ti-grey. Incase you ever order some.

    says 'ti grey' on the velocity site but looks sort of bluish to me!

  25. #25
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Doohickie;7616874]I've posted these elsewhere but no one wants to notice me or comment. So I'm going to keep posting these pics until the Girls of Foo start throwing themselves at me. This first one is me right now, posing with a couple of my bike
    /QUOTE]


    Well if I were a girl in Foo, I'd say "sexy", but since I'm not, I won't!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •