Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Waves77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My Bikes
    2009 Caad9-5
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Looking for size 15 platform-friendly shoes

    I have a pair of Wellgo MG-1 platform pedals and am currently using my Vans to ride. I love these shoes, so I'm either getting another pair of cheap(er) Vans or a pair of bike specific shoes.

    I'm looking for something light, with a stiff/hard sole, adjustable and easy to clean (would prefer to ride without socks weather allowing). Limitation is that I wear a size 15 (so 5.10's are not an option)
    Last edited by Waves77; 11-27-08 at 10:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Uber Goober StephenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas area, Texas
    Posts
    10,646
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might check REI if you have a store nearby- not sure what sizes they carry.
    "be careful this rando stuff is addictive and dan's the 'pusher'."

  3. #3
    Change=inevitable. ?=+/- JosephPaul86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    My Bikes
    MTB, 700c commuter, BMX
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride with Vans, DVS, Element, and Airwalk skate shoes on my BMX. I wear New Balance 473 shoes on my Mountain bike for longer rides. I have Odyssey Twisted PC on the BMX and Diamondback platforms on the mountain bike.

    Edited to add: Are your main issues finding size 15? I have issues and I only wear a 13.5 US size. I find that going to Ross or Marshalls I can find the oddball/large size.
    Last edited by JosephPaul86; 11-27-08 at 11:22 PM.
    "And that's how the cookie crumbles."

  4. #4
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Waves77 View Post
    I have a pair of Wellgo MG-1 platform pedals and am currently using my Vans to ride. I love these shoes, so I'm either getting another pair of cheap(er) Vans or a pair of bike specific shoes.

    I'm looking for something light, with a stiff/hard sole, adjustable and easy to clean (would prefer to ride without socks weather allowing). Limitation is that I wear a size 15 (so 5.10's are not an option)
    Wouldn't hiking shoes and boots be available in your size? The stiff sole of shoes for hiking are great for platform pedals.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pwhallon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Euharlee, GA
    My Bikes
    1976 Mens and Womans Schwinn Suburbans.
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try zappos.com

    PW
    Paul
    1976 Scwinn Suburban

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Senior Member Waves77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My Bikes
    2009 Caad9-5
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephPaul86 View Post
    Edited to add: Are your main issues finding size 15? I have issues and I only wear a 13.5 US size. I find that going to Ross or Marshalls I can find the oddball/large size.
    Yeah, I pretty much always have to buy my shoes online, can't walk into the store and browse for shoes.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Wouldn't hiking shoes and boots be available in your size? The stiff sole of shoes for hiking are great for platform pedals.
    I think most hiking shoes won't have a flat enough sole to prive enough grip. I'm just looking around, seems like once you go clipless you get all the goodies: lighter shoes, breathable materials, better adjustment (straps etc.)...

  7. #7
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Waves77 View Post
    I think most hiking shoes won't have a flat enough sole to prive enough grip.
    I disagree. I've found hiking boots work fine, especially in cold weather.

  8. #8
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Posts
    25,726
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwhallon View Post
    try zappos.com

    PW
    Lots of 15's to choose from
    http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/31250/size/21/page/1.html

    I ride with Rockports Toe Clips no straps.
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/4078018.../men/s/21.html
    Last edited by 10 Wheels; 11-28-08 at 02:30 PM.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •