Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Fri Ride Report and Pics. Hassle A Cylcist, But Not A Clyde!

    11/28 ..60 turkey burning miles! Was a nice ride till I almost had to duke some homeless moron at the Honda Center rest stop. Gina and I ride up to use the facilities. As I'm walking in some big homeless dude (300 lbs'ish) is walking out. I ask,"'how's it going?" in a friendly manner. He says "What" aggressively so I just say, "how are you doing". He shakes heis head and walks away. Gina and I know that it's one at a time in the restroom as I keep my camera on my bike. So I walk out since I always go first so that I can clean the seat for Gina.

    She walks in and I stand by the bikes. Then the dude looks at me and says, "What!" He's a big dude but I'm taking it now as he's trying to intimidate me with his size. So I respond with "What!". He then says,"you're worried that I'm going to steal your S**t!". I just say, "I am?". Then he says he doesn't want my S**t, I can walk around town, come back and my s**t would still be there". I'm like, whatever!" Then he looks at me again and says,"What!"

    Now I'm pissed so I walk up to him and ask," DO YOU HAVE A MUTHA F'IN PROBLEM MUTHA F(bleep bleep bleep)! He says again that I'm worried about him stealing my s**t! So I say," I don't give a ****, I know ou won't steal my s**t so why don't you just shut the f up!" He just looks at me then I say," I'm just out riding my bike so why the f do you want to **** with me, mind your own f'in business you stupid MOFO!

    At this point he just looked away so I knew I had him there, he wussed out with his intimidation act. He's a bit bigger than me but I know I'm big enough to hurt his arse. I think he knew it too!..A couple of other guys and his friend ran over and told me to calm down, that he was always doing carp like that to people. They said pay him no mind he's just that way. But I bet he thinks twice next time he thinks about hassling other riders, especially a Clyde.

    Usually Gina would say, "calm down Beanz" but this time she said nothing. Later she told me that he had been staring at her saying,"What, what!"...If I had known that, I would have had really been pissed! Stupid MOFO's can't scare me, I own the path DAMMIT!

    Do what you like but don't mess with my wife or my bikes!

    Gina on PCH

    Gina, Sarah and LewisAClark

    Sarah

    Lewis A Clark (like the jersey....LCL...LewisClark!)

    Gina and LAC

  2. #2
    fishologist cohophysh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    Diamondback MTB; Leader 736R
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youz tell him Beanoz...and if he givez ya any more trouble, I'll send Mickie and da boyz down and give him a proper beating
    We cannot solve problems with the same level of consciousness that created them. A.E.

    1990 Diamond Back MTB
    2007 Leader 736R
    www.cohocyclist.blogspot.com
    http://www.loopd.com/members/cohocyclist/Default.aspx



  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cohophysh View Post
    Youz tell him Beanoz...and if he givez ya any more trouble, I'll send Mickie and da boyz down and give him a proper beating
    Hehehe! He needs it !

  4. #4
    "Purgatory Central" Wino Ryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    beautiful "Cypress Gardens" florida
    Posts
    1,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post

    Usually Gina would say, "calm down Beanz" but this time she said nothing. Later she told me that he had been staring at her saying,"What, what!"...If I had known that, I would have had really been pissed!

    Do what you like but don't mess with my wife or my bikes!

    Gina on PCH

    ]
    Nice, wish my wife would ride like your's.
    ~ "I like the way the brake cables come out of the top of the levers and loop around to the brake calipers!...I like those downtube shifters too!...No no no, don't take 'em off, don't take 'em off,...leave 'em on, leave 'em on! - Thats right baby!!

    ~BF - Steel Club Member #00051

  5. #5
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino Ryder View Post
    Nice, wish my wife would ride like your's.

    Yeah, it's fun! More trips to the shops and she let's me know when I need new bike stuff! And she's got one more roadie than I've got!

    Me: One Lemond and one Cannondale
    Her: One CF Trek Pilot 5.2 and two Bianchis!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marysville WA
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Beanz, good job handling the idiot. Some may disagree, but I think the best way to handle a bully like that is to call him on it, just like you did. 90% of the time they turn into little wussies. Of course, you have to be ready to back it up the other 10%. I am guessing that you are fiesty enough for that. I'm glad it turned out ok for you. Pics look cool.

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey Beanz, good job handling the idiot. Some may disagree, but I think the best way to handle a bully like that is to call him on it, just like you did. 90% of the time they turn into little wussies. Of course, you have to be ready to back it up the other 10%. I am guessing that you are fiesty enough for that. I'm glad it turned out ok for you. Pics look cool.
    Yeah, I'm a nice guy but I'm pretty secure in my abilities. Without getting into the it too much, I had a 280 lb idiot sucker punch me square in the jaw in front of about 10 cops. He was used to beating everyone he encountered. I think he was shocked when I counter punched him in the eye. A cop jumped me from behind to stop me. I carried him to the side an placed him gently on the ground while the other 9 pounded the idiot!


    At 245 taking an unexpected punch in the jaw doesn't hurt me, I hardly doubt this guy would be able to. I really don't think he would have been a match. Just looked big!

  8. #8
    karma is my higher power w00die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lost In Middle America
    My Bikes
    2008 Sequoia Elite, '84 Trek 620, '84 Shovelhead
    Posts
    216
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many times the homeless are disheartened, mistreated and suffer from untreated medical/mental issues related with being homeless. Often they lash out, it’s not always about trying to intimidate or harass others - sometimes they are just lost, scared, and disheartened. They are the invisible people; no one wants to see them. People like to try and make themselves feel better about the situation by rationalizing their plight as temporary, self inflicted or caused by their own weakness or shortcomings. While there are times when some of that might be true, in most cases its way off base. The simple fact is, in a country as rich and prosperous as ours, for anyone to be homeless or living on the street is insane. The fact that there is a disproportionate amount of Veterans in the homeless population is nothing short of a National disgrace. The holidays are particularly hard on the homeless.

    I'm sorry you had a run in, I am glad nothing came from it and everyone was fine. I pray that somehow the homeless man is able to get some help and that his life improves.

    peace
    Last edited by w00die; 11-29-08 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Posts
    25,734
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most homeless people are not able or willing to follow Normal Living Rules
    I talked to many that had severe head injuries.
    I have had some living in my house. Got them jobs.
    Worked full time with 800 homeless folks.
    My goal was to get one or two each year back into a somewhat normal life.
    In four years, only one made it back.
    Money thrown at the problem doesn't do much good.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •