Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    A shrinking member </intolerance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Today's ride: Getting my mind off house purchase

    My wife and I put in an offer on our second house yesterday. Sitting around the house waiting for a phone call from our agent was killing me. So rather than stick around, I figured I would get out and get some miles in.

    Typically I ride between 30-40 miles on Saturdays and then ride 10 miles or so on the 4 other days that I am in the saddle. But since I have been off of work this week I had a little more time and could go a little farther.

    I managed to get in 20 miles today. Today was such a beautiful day that is almost seemed like it would be a crime not to ride. Sunny sky and 73 degrees.


    This is the park I rode to. This is, of course, not a natural lake, but rather man made.


    A lot of people fish from the banks, but I didn't see a whole lot of catching going on.

    In any event it got my mind off the house for a little while. Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

  2. #2
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh Tucson! Nice when it aint too hot!.. I did the tour back in 99-2000'ish(?) . What a great ride but wonder if it's too big now like the Palmsprings ride. 10,000 riders is a lil too much at times.

    Nice pics but lets have some rider/action pics too!

  3. #3
    A shrinking member </intolerance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Nice pics but lets have some rider/action pics too!
    I'll have to practice setting up the camera, setting the timer and then riding past. I can imagine it takes some time to get good at that!

  4. #4
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking a nice week or two out in Arizona during spring training and having a bike along is looking like a good idea.

    Won't be this year though, I already have March bike plans, just not in Arizona.

  5. #5
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Ahh Tucson! Nice when it aint too hot!.. I did the tour back in 99-2000'ish(?) . What a great ride but wonder if it's too big now like the Palmsprings ride. 10,000 riders is a lil too much at times.

    Nice pics but lets have some rider/action pics too!

    Yea, it's kind of the same situation with the Hotter Than Hell ride here. It's just crazy how many riders show up.

  6. #6
    A shrinking member </intolerance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a call from our agent. We won't find anything out until Jan. 02. It is a short sale so we are at the bank's mercy. Looks like I'll get in some more riding while I am waiting for the call!

    If we do get it, bike commuting to work, stores and restaurants becomes feasible.

  7. #7
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by </intolerance> View Post
    Got a call from our agent. We won't find anything out until Jan. 02. It is a short sale so we are at the bank's mercy. Looks like I'll get in some more riding while I am waiting for the call!

    If we do get it, bike commuting to work, stores and restaurants becomes feasible.

    Best of luck on the offer. Hopefully the economy will work in your favor on this and all will go as planned.

  8. #8
    Downtown Spanky Brown bautieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pennsyltucky
    My Bikes
    07 Raliegh Grand Sport 98ish Mongoose Manuever
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the house, it feels great to be out from under the landlord!

  9. #9
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bautieri View Post
    Good luck with the house, it feels great to be out from under the landlord!
    Especially if the landlord is an uber-Clyde.

  10. #10
    Support JDRF b_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus, Specialized Roubaix Elite
    Posts
    859
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics. Good luck on the house.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that is why it is called the present." - Kung Fu Panda

    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...1LG/weight.png

  11. #11
    A shrinking member </intolerance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bautieri View Post
    Good luck with the house, it feels great to be out from under the landlord!
    If we get it, we'll actually become a landlord for the house we are currently living in. We were very lucky and managed to buy a house when we were 21 and still have a fair amount of equity despite the recent drops.

    I'll let you all know what I hear.

  12. #12
    Chubby super biker bdinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Luck! I'm sure it'll be fine, banks are eager to get something in the current market, but they're always fun. My wife and I just finished the pins and needles offer, acceptance then inspection and appraisal process on our soon-to-be-new house.

    For us the appraisal was the most stressful, as our market hasn't suffered any real deflation, just stupid pricing by discount brokers trying to make a quick sale, which has thrown prices for a loop. Thankfully the appraisal went though, and we're closing in two weeks - I can't wait!

  13. #13
    A shrinking member </intolerance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdinger View Post
    Good Luck! I'm sure it'll be fine, banks are eager to get something in the current market, but they're always fun. My wife and I just finished the pins and needles offer, acceptance then inspection and appraisal process on our soon-to-be-new house.

    For us the appraisal was the most stressful, as our market hasn't suffered any real deflation, just stupid pricing by discount brokers trying to make a quick sale, which has thrown prices for a loop. Thankfully the appraisal went though, and we're closing in two weeks - I can't wait!
    AWESOME! Congrats!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •