I've been a bit of a bikeforums slacker for a few weeks, so apologies for resurrecting a couple of old threads...
I wasn't sure about setting goals, but I figure if I write it down and tell you lot, it makes it a lot harder to ignore
1) Lose 50lbs. Seems like a common one, but it's a good one, and I could certainly use it.
2) 1500 miles. I did a bit over 600 in 2008. I'm pretty happy with that, given I started in April and at that point half a mile nearly killed me.
3) London to Brighton bike ride in June. 54 miles for charity.
4) Metric century at least. Imperial would be nice, but that might be pushing it...
5) Join the gym. I've been putting this off from a cost point of view, but I've been cycling a lot less as the weather has turned grim