Accountablility time - How did you do on youe 2008 Goals?
Here is the thread where it all started for many of us:
What are your goals for 2008?
I had what I would call mixed results:
Here is what I wrote then:
So here are my goals:
1) Loose 40 pounds (gets me under 190).
2) Ride 2,000 miles - this is huge for me as I've never gotten over 750 in a year for various reasons
3) Ride 3 centuries
So how did I do:
1) At this point I have a net loss of 5 pounds from a year ago (228 on 1.1.08 and 223 today). At one point I was down 25 lbs so this year my focus is sustaining that kind of success. So on my wight loss goal I didn't pull it off. But I'm ok with chalking that up to a need for better and sustained effort next year.
2) I road 2085 miles this year so I met my milage goal. However, I haven't been on my bike since October. So again, I need to do something about sustaining my efforts especially if I want to hit my goal of 3000 for 2009 (gulp!).
3) I road 2 unsupported metrics and 1 organized Century ride. So I didn't get my 3 full century rides in either. I learned this year that planning more than 2 big deal events for myself is difficult to manage with the requirements that my personal and professional life require. So it is what it is and if I can sustain my efforts over the full 12 months I think I can get pretty close to hitting the 3 centuries next year. Still I did downgrade this goal for next year to two full centuries. If I get three in that will be a bonus.
SO I was 1 for 3 on my goals, how about you?