Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-09, 02:02 AM   #151
txvintage
Tilting with windmills
 
txvintage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Texas 'Burbs
Bikes: Many
Posts: 4,832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtgyk View Post
Due to various injuries I topped out at 56.7 miles for February.

FAIL
The question is how does April look? I'm taking the liberty of writing off most of March for you.......

I gotta get healthy. This never ending illness and injury thing is getting to be a real drag.
txvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 07:33 AM   #152
Jtgyk
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jtgyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richardson TX
Bikes:
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
The question is how does April look? I'm taking the liberty of writing off most of March for you.......

I gotta get healthy. This never ending illness and injury thing is getting to be a real drag.
Perhaps another Thread like:

Woo Hoo! I'm not completely dead!

or

Survival Challenge

or

Folded, Spindled, Mutilated
__________________
Hey, I'm just this GUY...you know?
>>>Team Critical Mess<<< (You mean it's not SUPPOSE to hurt?)

My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock
Jtgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 12:56 PM   #153
petflunky
Senior? Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Bikes: GMC Topkick mountain bike, Schwinn World Traveler, GMC Denali road bike
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
The question is how does April look? I'm taking the liberty of writing off most of March for you.......

I gotta get healthy. This never ending illness and injury thing is getting to be a real drag.
Instead of writing off March, how about we lower our expectations? Say, a 100 mile, or even a 50 mile challenge, instead of a 300 mile challenge?
petflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 01:09 PM   #154
evblazer
Thread Killer
 
evblazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Marfan Syndrome-Clyde-DFW, TX
Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider
Posts: 1,845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by petflunky View Post
Instead of writing off March, how about we lower our expectations? Say, a 100 mile, or even a 50 mile challenge, instead of a 300 mile challenge?
He still has one good leg he should get out and ride 150 one legged just put some training wheels on. I'll volunteer to go over to Richardson and provide escort
evblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 02:07 PM   #155
petflunky
Senior? Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Bikes: GMC Topkick mountain bike, Schwinn World Traveler, GMC Denali road bike
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evblazer View Post
He still has one good leg he should get out and ride 150 one legged just put some training wheels on. I'll volunteer to go over to Richardson and provide escort
I can loan you a bungie strap, and you can strap his bike to yours. That way, if you hit a hilly spot, you can help pull him over.


Seriously, I think shorter goals would be good for those of us, who for one reason or another (out of shape, not hard enough to hang in the winter thread) don't ride much this time of year. :
petflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 02:38 PM   #156
Jtgyk
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jtgyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richardson TX
Bikes:
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evblazer View Post
He still has one good leg he should get out and ride 150 one legged just put some training wheels on. I'll volunteer to go over to Richardson and provide escort
Na. I tried the one legged thing the day of the occurance. Didn't work too well, even with clips and straps.
I'm returning to my regular commuting this week (4 - 8 miles/day, depending on route) It's more just getting myself out of the house now and building back up (slowly...that's the hard part). I'm tempted to push myself...just the kind of guy I am...and I'm getting old enough to be more sensible about these things.
Maybe I just need someone to kick my arse out of bed on these cold Sunday mornings for a longer ride.
I'm turning into a temperature wuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petflunky View Post
I can loan you a bungie strap, and you can strap his bike to yours. That way, if you hit a hilly spot, you can help pull him over.
Heh...Now that would be a sight! But, please don't wish such things on the poor man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petflunky View Post
Seriously, I think shorter goals would be good for those of us, who for one reason or another (out of shape, not hard enough to hang in the winter thread) don't ride much this time of year. :
Sounds like another, shorter distance thread needs to appear. 100? 150?
Petflunky, I'll leave that in your capable hands! (you DID volunteer............didn't you?)
__________________
Hey, I'm just this GUY...you know?
>>>Team Critical Mess<<< (You mean it's not SUPPOSE to hurt?)

My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock
Jtgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 08:05 PM   #157
evblazer
Thread Killer
 
evblazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Marfan Syndrome-Clyde-DFW, TX
Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider
Posts: 1,845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtgyk View Post
Heh...Now that would be a sight! But, please don't wish such things on the poor man!
About half way into a nice hilly and very windy 130 mile ride I pushed my wife up the hills for the last few miles into Forestburg which was probably about 1200ft-1500ft of climbing easy. With her in tow we were getting a good 12mph when I had to drop her off because traffic was coming she fell back to 3-4mph. Now she weighs less then half of what I do but I think I could pull you up some hills around Richardson for a bit. I could use some local hill training
evblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 08:36 AM   #158
petflunky
Senior? Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Bikes: GMC Topkick mountain bike, Schwinn World Traveler, GMC Denali road bike
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtgyk View Post

Sounds like another, shorter distance thread needs to appear. 100? 150?
Petflunky, I'll leave that in your capable hands! (you DID volunteer............didn't you?)

Someone beat me to it. But that's ok, I will just have to do my part, and post my milage there (probably 4.7 miles at a time).
petflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 12:34 PM   #159
seenoweevil
invisible friend
 
seenoweevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Decatur, Alabama
Bikes: Gary Fisher Tassajara hardtail mtb, '01 Rans Wave, '98 Raleigh R700, Mid-80's Takara Professional, '91 Bianchi Alfana
Posts: 961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool. I just signed up. I'm about to take out my new old Miyata for the first time to put the first miles on! Y'all come and ride with me!
seenoweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 05:33 PM   #160
Condorita
Grammar Cop
 
Condorita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Papa Smurf's Lair
Bikes: in my sig line
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll end April with about 340 miles.
Condorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 AM.