Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-09, 04:58 AM   #1
czar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cincy, OH
Bikes: '08 Cannondale Synapse
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great price on a good pair of bibs

Fellow clydes, follow the link if you want to buy some PI Microsensor bibs for $50. I have purchased from the vendor before and he is pretty good / honest. Also, these bibs have performed excellent for me so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230317872361
czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 10:10 PM   #2
fritter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is another sweet deal on nice bibs for $35 with nice pad. Sizes up to 4XL

From love2pedal.com

Link:
http://www.love2pedal.com/Store/Sear...t=1&sku=bibdlx
fritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 04:26 AM   #3
jesspal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Bikes: 2009 BMC SLX01/2016 Santa Cruz Bronson
Posts: 1,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
i'm having trouble finding bibs I like, some fit well on top and at the hips but then the knees are loose. I'm afraid to order from anyone other than nashbar or performance, who have a good return policy.
jesspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 07:29 AM   #4
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritter View Post
Here is another sweet deal on nice bibs for $35 with nice pad. Sizes up to 4XL

From love2pedal.com

Link:
http://www.love2pedal.com/Store/Sear...t=1&sku=bibdlx
Are they any good, or are they just another pair of cheap and cheaply made bibs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 08:06 AM   #5
</intolerance>
A shrinking member
 
</intolerance>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tucson
Bikes:
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
Are they any good, or are they just another pair of cheap and cheaply made bibs?
I wondered the same thing. I did find this review, which seemed pretty positive. I decided to give them a try. I'll let you know what I think when I get them, though they will be my first pair of bibs so will only be able to compare them to shorts.
</intolerance> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 09:06 AM   #6
800over
Big Mac and No hills.
 
800over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Bikes: Trek 1500, Raleigh Tarantula
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritter View Post
Here is another sweet deal on nice bibs for $35 with nice pad. Sizes up to 4XL

From love2pedal.com

Link:
http://www.love2pedal.com/Store/Sear...t=1&sku=bibdlx
I cannot comment on the quality of the bibs but I have bought a few items from love2pedal and have been impressed with every sale. I wouldn't worry about the sale at least he's good to deal with.
800over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 10:14 AM   #7
</intolerance>
A shrinking member
 
</intolerance>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tucson
Bikes:
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspal View Post
i'm having trouble finding bibs I like, some fit well on top and at the hips but then the knees are loose. I'm afraid to order from anyone other than nashbar or performance, who have a good return policy.
On the love2pedal Web site, it says you can return the clothes for any reason and get a full refund, less the shipping price. Hopefully I won't need to
</intolerance> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 07:29 PM   #8
</intolerance>
A shrinking member
 
</intolerance>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tucson
Bikes:
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got the bibs in the mail today. Super quick shipping.

The fit seems very accurate based on what the Web site says. The chamois seems decent, but It'll be interesting to compare them to my gel shorts.

I plan on trying them out on Saturday.
</intolerance> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 08:14 PM   #9
seenoweevil
invisible friend
 
seenoweevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Decatur, Alabama
Bikes: Gary Fisher Tassajara hardtail mtb, '01 Rans Wave, '98 Raleigh R700, Mid-80's Takara Professional, '91 Bianchi Alfana
Posts: 961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought 3 pairs of Hincapie bibs on ebay for around 30 - 35 bucks apiece over the past few months. I saw a pair just like them in a lbs last week for $198. I like mine just fine. The 3xl's fit me great (40 - 42" waist). They may be more expensive now that warmer weather is around the corner.

Here's a link to the seller's store: http://stores.ebay.com/Classic-Cycli...sxQ3asstQQtZkm
seenoweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 08:48 PM   #10
love2pedal.com
Senior Member
 
love2pedal.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kansas City, MO
Bikes: Look 586, Condor Baracchi, Litespeed
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!

I am a new member and am surprised to see my company mentioned!

I hope <intolerance> from Tucson likes his new bibs!

I can create a discount code for items from our site for users of this forum if anybody has any interest (and if it is kosher with bikeforum.net).

Dan
love2pedal.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 11:22 PM   #11
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by </intolerance> View Post
I got the bibs in the mail today. Super quick shipping.

The fit seems very accurate based on what the Web site says. The chamois seems decent, but It'll be interesting to compare them to my gel shorts.

I plan on trying them out on Saturday.
Yes, please get back to us. I like to alternate gel bibs with 'regular' on long tours.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 11:45 PM   #12
</intolerance>
A shrinking member
 
</intolerance>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tucson
Bikes:
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
Yes, please get back to us. I like to alternate gel bibs with 'regular' on long tours.
They are as comfortable as my pair of foam shorts, but that being said, I think I prefer gel pads. Overall I loved the bibs though. It is much nicer not having a waistband and not having to worry about plumbers crack. I'll certainly be wearing these a lot and keeping an eye out for a gel variety.
</intolerance> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 12:00 AM   #13
PlatyPius
Arsehole
 
PlatyPius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 2,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2pedal.com View Post
Hi all!

I am a new member and am surprised to see my company mentioned!

I hope <intolerance> from Tucson likes his new bibs!

I can create a discount code for items from our site for users of this forum if anybody has any interest (and if it is kosher with bikeforum.net).

Dan
I bought a "Fat B@st@rd" jersey from you not too long ago and I love it!

At the shop, we don't have many options for cycling clothing in my size other than Borah. It pains me to pay retail, so I was happy to find your auctions on eBay.
PlatyPius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 11:59 AM   #14
love2pedal.com
Senior Member
 
love2pedal.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kansas City, MO
Bikes: Look 586, Condor Baracchi, Litespeed
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by </intolerance> View Post
They are as comfortable as my pair of foam shorts, but that being said, I think I prefer gel pads. Overall I loved the bibs though. It is much nicer not having a waistband and not having to worry about plumbers crack. I'll certainly be wearing these a lot and keeping an eye out for a gel variety.
<intolerance>:Thanks for the feedback on the bibs. We have tried some gel versions but have not been happy with the durability of the gel pad or the comfort. We hope to find something we like in the near future.

The problems we had was that after several washings, the gel started to 'escape' the pad area. The other problem I had personally was that where the gel pad ended was kind abrupt (instead of a gradually thinning) and this transition from pad to no pad felt like I was sitting on a seam or something and caused some irritation on 50+ mile rides.

Dan
love2pedal.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.