Hello there -- a few thoughts:
I am looking for a few suggestions that I will list
I need some suggestions on who to have build these. Anyone known for building specific for Clydesdale needs? What price range am I looking at to have these built? How much for front/rear?
- use local if you can (am a big fan of supporting LBS). make sure it's hand-built, tensioned, etc.
- others with a good rep by mail etc. -- spinlite is the one I'm most familiar with (great service)
- total cost -- figure deep-Vs with 32 or 36, ultegra hubs, good spokes, brass nipples and assembly -- about $350 - $400 or so, give or take. Reaer will be more expensive.
I need Hub suggestions. Want to run 8/9 speed. This might be mute if I find a good builder they can make the suggestions.
- ultegra 6600. Good quality / lightness / price ratio, anyone can service. And if you upgrade to 10-speed later, the hub can take it
I really need some help choosing a tire.
I want to run a puncture resistant, decent tire in a 34 or 35 width. Not having luck even finding what my choices are. I will be riding on country roads, not too rough. I am leaning towards running a higher pressure if that's an option, open to suggestion/discussion on this. I am newer to cycling.
- can't help you here -- I run 28s. Keep in mind deep-Vs are narrow rims; I'd ask the builder to ensure they can take 34s
...and post review, experience, photos etc. here. Part of the tradition.
Thank you for all input.[/QUOTE]