Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    I'm a Cyclist! Missbumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton
    My Bikes
    Specialized Dolce Elite
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Needing to make a committment to get on the Trainer

    OK _ It's Friday - and I am home for the day - I have been out and about and habe not gotten on the trainer. Usually I am in Chicago and hit the gym druign the week....Today I had a ride planned that was rained out....so I WILL DO IT!!

    OK my commitment is I will go change and get on the Trainer and do a Chris Carmichael DVD - Criterium. Juts been depressed lately - and it's hard to get motivated to do a hard workout... OK Here goes.. I will report back in. Sorry to use the forum - but I am needing support right now (A tad depressed....and I so need to stay dedicated to my health and biking!)

    OK GO SUE GO>>>:champ2:

  2. #2
    Downtown Spanky Brown bautieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pennsyltucky
    My Bikes
    07 Raliegh Grand Sport 98ish Mongoose Manuever
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Go GO!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,875
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go go gO Go GO GO GO GO!
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  4. #4
    I'm a Cyclist! Missbumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton
    My Bikes
    Specialized Dolce Elite
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I Did it!! Thanks guys.... I do not have a bike computer - thinking of buying one so not sure what my cadence was - but I think I stuck to 90 as was requested by the Trainer! Also did a few weights for my arms afterwards... I feel like super woman - and it is so great to be able to ride in my living room!

  5. #5
    Double Naught Spy TrekDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2010 Scott CR1 Comp, 2013 Scott Scale 960 MTB
    Posts
    1,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya fer gettin' it done. Nothing like a nice outside ride, but those trainers do help keep you on par for them outside rides. As I sit here and look at the weekend forecast, it doesn't look good for our club rides Sat. & Sun. I may actually have to put my old rear tire back on the rim, so I can get some bike time in this weekend. I really need to invest in another rear wheel, so I can make the switch easier.

    I'm going to keep the fingers crossed though. I want tomorrow's West Virginia club ride to go on. I've been eyeing it up on my calendar for over a month now.

  6. #6
    I'm a Cyclist! Missbumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton
    My Bikes
    Specialized Dolce Elite
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekDen View Post
    Good on ya fer gettin' it done. Nothing like a nice outside ride, but those trainers do help keep you on par for them outside rides. As I sit here and look at the weekend forecast, it doesn't look good for our club rides Sat. & Sun. I may actually have to put my old rear tire back on the rim, so I can get some bike time in this weekend. I really need to invest in another rear wheel, so I can make the switch easier.

    I'm going to keep the fingers crossed though. I want tomorrow's West Virginia club ride to go on. I've been eyeing it up on my calendar for over a month now.

    OK Hopefully lots of good wetaher for you!! Great to here from you - it's been a while!!! OK I am not win an excellent mood. On with the evening. I will hti the Trainer tomorrow morning as well since it will most crtainly rain here in the ATL tomorrow,

    SUe

  7. #7
    Senior Member SmokedDeathDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job getting on the trainer. It can be hard to get on it, especially if you have the opportunity to go outside. I did the trainer today as well. I had much to do today so I wanted to get it out of the way. I did a Carmichael DVD as well, but it is part of the power series. I did Power Intervals today, man I am still tired.

    I will need to do the trainer tomorrow as well because it is suppose to rain this weekend like it did today. At least I was able to get out yesterday because it was not raining.

    Hope that you have a good ride tomorrow.
    Ron

    2004 Merlin Agilis
    1996 Davidson Stiletto

  8. #8
    I'm a Cyclist! Missbumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton
    My Bikes
    Specialized Dolce Elite
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokedDeathDog View Post
    Good job getting on the trainer. It can be hard to get on it, especially if you have the opportunity to go outside. I did the trainer today as well. I had much to do today so I wanted to get it out of the way. I did a Carmichael DVD as well, but it is part of the power series. I did Power Intervals today, man I am still tired.

    I will need to do the trainer tomorrow as well because it is suppose to rain this weekend like it did today. At least I was able to get out yesterday because it was not raining.

    Hope that you have a good ride tomorrow.
    WHAt's up Dog!!pooh Charmihael power. Ok tomorrow morning I am on it - first thing i wiil do the Power interval training in your honor.

  9. #9
    Double Naught Spy TrekDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2010 Scott CR1 Comp, 2013 Scott Scale 960 MTB
    Posts
    1,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I got that WV ride in today. The weather opened up a nice sunny window for us to get it done. Tomorrows not looking half bad now either now, so I get to skip the trainer switch for this weekend. Yay!!

    I actually don't mind the trainer & DVD's. I just hate switching tires around to do it. I priced a rear wheel at the LBS, and they want a $100 for a cheap one Might call around, and see if any others have a used one sitting around their shop they could part with on the cheap. Couldn't hurt to ask.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekDen View Post
    Well, I got that WV ride in today. The weather opened up a nice sunny window for us to get it done. Tomorrows not looking half bad now either now, so I get to skip the trainer switch for this weekend. Yay!!

    I actually don't mind the trainer & DVD's. I just hate switching tires around to do it. I priced a rear wheel at the LBS, and they want a $100 for a cheap one Might call around, and see if any others have a used one sitting around their shop they could part with on the cheap. Couldn't hurt to ask.
    We had it nice, +12℃, no wind, I have a stupid cold my wife brought home. I did manage to get the rear wheel to the bike shop for a new cassette, and pick up a new chain and a chain tool. Took the bus to the bike shop, took 45 minutes, I can rude it in 30, but I wanted to do the chain myself, so I would know how.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •