Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member jboyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    My Bikes
    Giant "Rainier"
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Runnin Against The Wind

    "Against the wind.....Im still runnin against the wind......Well Im older now and still Runnin
    Against the wind"

    I took a late afternoon ride today. 15 miles of which about half was spent riding into a 20 mph wind. Then I looped around the opposite direction and was still "runnin against the wind". Great day though and I was "feelin it!" Also took a few pics. Nothing special, just countryside.


    This is street on the way out of town (downhill)



    If you look at the pasture grass, you can see the wind. I was going the other way



    Just to give you an idea of where I live, I swear to God there were two chickens on the front steps of this church as I rode up.



    There was a whole lot of this.



    The local scenery



    I love my PEACE 29r. Ain't she pretty"


    Took this along the roadside
    http://www.homeairdirect.com Hey! It's What I Do

  2. #2
    Rabbit Habbit! Jerry in So IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johnston City, IL
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus 08
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What camera do you have Jay? I'm needing a new one, maybe a small one to pack with me because the two I have now are just too big for us to take anywhere.

    I'm glad i didn't have to ride today! It was windy and seemed to be coming from all directions. Pretty weather though.

    Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirels and such....

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,033
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You live in GreenAcres?..............Aint nothing like that around here! Nice pics. Looks like you could walk them churchsteps without getting mugged. Can't do that here!

  4. #4
    Senior Member racethenation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    My Bikes
    2007 Schwinn Fastback Race
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same winds in north Alabama today. There is nothing like going UP a hill at 24 miles per hour that you just went DOWN at 13.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jboyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    My Bikes
    Giant "Rainier"
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry in So IL View Post
    What camera do you have Jay? I'm needing a new one, maybe a small one to pack with me because the two I have now are just too big for us to take anywhere. Jerry
    Hi Jerry, The camera is the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS Digital Elph 8mp. There are a couple of generations since this one, but this camera got rave reviews against it's newer siblings. And it is about $100 less then the newer ones. I picked it up for $149 with free shipping from buydig.com I was going to upgrade my phone to the Storm and get the 3.2mp camera that came with that, but I realized that then I have multiple things that die when one feature stops working. May still get the storm in the fall when the deals come out. The Canon is great little camera. The macro setting is the best I have had on a camera so far.

    Also, I can pull this out of my pocket, power up and shoot a couple pics and have it back in the pocket in a seconds. The start up is like lightning. Oh, and it has a real "look through viewfinder" I have trouble in the sun seeing LCD screens so that is a nice feature too.
    http://www.homeairdirect.com Hey! It's What I Do

  6. #6
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounded like a shorter version of last Sunday's ride. Just subsitute salt marshes for the pastures.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot, Raleigh Delta (Project Bike)
    Posts
    6,759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboyd View Post
    Hi Jerry, The camera is the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS Digital Elph 8mp. There are a couple of generations since this one, but this camera got rave reviews against it's newer siblings. And it is about $100 less then the newer ones. I picked it up for $149 with free shipping from buydig.com I was going to upgrade my phone to the Storm and get the 3.2mp camera that came with that, but I realized that then I have multiple things that die when one feature stops working. May still get the storm in the fall when the deals come out. The Canon is great little camera. The macro setting is the best I have had on a camera so far.

    Also, I can pull this out of my pocket, power up and shoot a couple pics and have it back in the pocket in a seconds. The start up is like lightning. Oh, and it has a real "look through viewfinder" I have trouble in the sun seeing LCD screens so that is a nice feature too.
    What people forget with camera phones, is that the optics are the important part of a camera, companies like Canon use good optics in even their point and shoot cameras. A camera phone is primarily a phone, with a camera added on, and the optics in most of those leave a lot to be desired. Lots of camera phones have a picture quality that is equivalent to the old disposable film cameras.

  8. #8
    Rabbit Habbit! Jerry in So IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johnston City, IL
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus 08
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboyd View Post
    Hi Jerry, The camera is the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS Digital Elph 8mp. There are a couple of generations since this one, but this camera got rave reviews against it's newer siblings. And it is about $100 less then the newer ones. I picked it up for $149 with free shipping from buydig.com I was going to upgrade my phone to the Storm and get the 3.2mp camera that came with that, but I realized that then I have multiple things that die when one feature stops working. May still get the storm in the fall when the deals come out. The Canon is great little camera. The macro setting is the best I have had on a camera so far.

    Also, I can pull this out of my pocket, power up and shoot a couple pics and have it back in the pocket in a seconds. The start up is like lightning. Oh, and it has a real "look through viewfinder" I have trouble in the sun seeing LCD screens so that is a nice feature too.

    I'll look into that, thanks! I ALWAYS buy 1 or 2 version older than the newest. Its allot cheaper and normally is either proven or not.

    BTW...Verizon is comingout with BB Storm 2 and the BB Bold this fall! The newer Storm is going to be wi fi and possiblely the Bold as well. So its a go thing to hold off til winter comes.

    Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirels and such....

  9. #9
    Rabbit Habbit! Jerry in So IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johnston City, IL
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus 08
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogsterca View Post
    What people forget with camera phones, is that the optics are the important part of a camera, companies like Canon use good optics in even their point and shoot cameras. A camera phone is primarily a phone, with a camera added on, and the optics in most of those leave a lot to be desired. Lots of camera phones have a picture quality that is equivalent to the old disposable film cameras.
    True, but its what is with me 99% of the time. I've got allot of good memories saved from a cell phone camera.

    Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirels and such....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •