I have been member of BF for a while but haven't write for more than one year, I also have not been riding since October for different reasons and started again one week ago.
Today I had my first club ride ever.
It was very interesting.
Good things that happened:
- I realized that I didn't feel all the pains that I usually feel when I ride alone. After a couple of miles when I ride alone, my mind gets busy thinking how my back hurts, my legs, hands, etc. There is always something. Today I was so busy trying not fall behind, that I haven't have time for pains
- I still can't believe how fast I was going. (It was rated as a very easy ride, so probably it was slow for the others) I don't think I can keep up that speed riding alone.
- Even if I read it everywhere, I never took it too serious how our mind can affect us. By riding in a group it seems that there is not so much time for weaknesses and giving up so fast.
Things to improve:
- Bring water!!!!
- If I haven't used the bike for a long time, I should have done some maintenance work. The chain was very loose and making noise, the tires are very old. I should change them.
- I also have to replace the brakes before the next ride.
My feelings are divided. I feel embarrassed because of my novice style ride and problems with the bike, not to mention that I forgot the water.
At the same time, I feel soooo good that I could finish the ride. It gives me some encouragement to start a diet and training more and lose weight. Maybe I can lose some weight after all and feel better!