Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Neil_B
    Guest

    Who do you want to ride with?

    If you had unlimited time and funds for travel, who among the posters to Bike Forums would you most want to ride with? Don't choose anyone you've already ridden with.

    My choices, in no particular order:

    - Breadbin. The closest I've been to Ireland is watching The Quiet Man on TCM. It's a pity, since it's my ancestral homeland. Breadbin seems the idea guide.

    - BenC. There will always be an England, and this Clyde seems to know his way around it.

    - TXVintage. We've spoken on the phone, and he seems a nice fellow. I'm sure there are ridable spots in Texas.

    - TechKnowGN. I like his enthusiasm and his drive, but I fear he'd find me boring since I don't like video games. But it would be fun to explore central Ohio with him. Baron Von Trail could join us.

    - Mr. Beanz, if only because he's Mr. Beanz. And he promised me a ride on the tandem.

    - Tom Stormcrowe and Crazylady because we could see covered bridges and round barns, and then argue politics all night. Also, he's invited me out a couple of times, and I've never been able to take him up on the offer.

    - Beverly. I first met her on the alt.support.diet newsgroup back when I was 400 pounds. She'd come to my area in 2006 and 2007, and I missed her both times.

    And your choices?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    My Bikes
    Opus Andante/Parleez5i/Burley Tosa Tandem
    Posts
    2,130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Beanz to ride the mountians, you, and Stormcrow, but if money was no object I would take it outside the forum and ride in France with whomever would like to come.
    Best thing about cycling is when I'm at work I'm thinking of cycling, when I'm cycling I'm thinking about cycling.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    My Bikes
    2009 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2011 Trek 3900 Disc MTB
    Posts
    1,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    - TXVintage. We've spoken on the phone, and he seems a nice fellow. I'm sure there are ridable spots in Texas.

    - TechKnowGN. I like his enthusiasm and his drive, but I fear he'd find me boring since I don't like video games. But it would be fun to explore central Ohio with him. Baron Von Trail could join us.
    The Historian - I am quite certain I would not find you boring. I am very much a passive gamer, I just happen to enjoy the discussion of them, and the ability to work for the site as another writing outlet.

    I agree thoroughly about TXVintage. And while I don't know many others here, I would love to ride with many of them.... until they got tired of going so slow and dropped me

  4. #4
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    If you had unlimited time and funds for travel, who among the posters to Bike Forums would you most want to ride with? Don't choose anyone you've already ridden with.

    My choices, in no particular order:

    - Breadbin. The closest I've been to Ireland is watching The Quiet Man on TCM. It's a pity, since it's my ancestral homeland. Breadbin seems the idea guide.

    - BenC. There will always be an England, and this Clyde seems to know his way around it.

    - TXVintage. We've spoken on the phone, and he seems a nice fellow. I'm sure there are ridable spots in Texas.

    - TechKnowGN. I like his enthusiasm and his drive, but I fear he'd find me boring since I don't like video games. But it would be fun to explore central Ohio with him. Baron Von Trail could join us.

    - Mr. Beanz, if only because he's Mr. Beanz. And he promised me a ride on the tandem.

    - Tom Stormcrowe and Crazylady because we could see covered bridges and round barns, and then argue politics all night. Also, he's invited me out a couple of times, and I've never been able to take him up on the offer.

    - Beverly. I first met her on the alt.support.diet newsgroup back when I was 400 pounds. She'd come to my area in 2006 and 2007, and I missed her both times.

    And your choices?
    Tom Stormcrowe definitely, The Historian is another, actually I wouldn't mind riding with anyone off here.... I still would like to set up a Toronto ride, just never seems to come together.....

  5. #5
    Grammar Cop Condorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Papa Smurf's Lair
    My Bikes
    in my sig line
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If money were no object: I'd throw Radagast the Beige-and-Black and Orion into a RV and hit the road, taking lots of time for lots of rides everywhere I went. Then I'd pack them both up and ship them over to Europe to ride there.
    That which does not kill me has made a massive tactical blunder.
    Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen. Louis L'Amour
    '07 Giant Cypress WSD "Radagast the Beige-and-Black" * '97 (?) Bianchi Premio "Orion" * '09 Trek Allant "The Black Pearl"

  6. #6
    Triathlon in my future??? flip18436572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southwest Iowa
    My Bikes
    Junk, that is why I am here. :-)
    Posts
    2,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If money was no object and I had the time.

    Every one of you and we would do the ride you wanted to do. I would also like to do RAMM, RAGBRAI, etc............
    2007 Jamis Ventura Comp
    2006 Jamis Explorer 2.0
    2000 Specialized Hardrock (bought used)
    Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey, I'm ready guys! Doing lots of clmbing the past few weeks. Having problems signing on from home.

    Yesterday's ride with BF'e JustMe from the SoCal forum.

    I'l ride with all of you's!

    Yes, we have a tandem ride in the forecast HistorianDude!


    Sneaky Beanz, making JustMe do all the work up the mtn

    JustMe racing the young dudes up Lil GMR

  8. #8
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,155
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    With an unlimited, money is no object budget, I'd simply have to set up a year long, all expenses paid tour through North America and Europe for all the Clydes and Athenas. That way, I wouldn't have to decide who to ride with because I'd be riding with all of you at once!

    Picture the panicked look on the faces of a small French village as all of us descended on it at once!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  9. #9
    Senior Member Hill-Pumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Oregon looking for more hills to ride
    My Bikes
    2013 Norco Sight Killer B-1,2013 Lynskey R330, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post
    With an unlimited, money is no object budget, I'd simply have to set up a year long, all expenses paid tour through North America and Europe for all the Clydes and Athenas. That way, I wouldn't have to decide who to ride with because I'd be riding with all of you at once!

    Picture the panicked look on the faces of a small French village as all of us descended on it at once!
    I think that would be a great idea. I could not chose who to ride with, so I would chose everyone. The invention is always open to anyone here if they come through Oregon. As far as panicking a French villa, that would be fun too...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine would have to be sightseeing Europe with nothing but a good bike, a plan, and access to enough money to have food, lodging, and Internet access to blog about it.

  11. #11
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to take a North American tour and ride with everyone. That being said, yep, I want to see the covered bridges of PA with Historian. I would love to iritate Tom with political banter during rest stops, but I would have to bring JTGYK (He's a Lib, but I forgive him, hehehehe) along so we could share the Laurel and Hardy of Clyde political humor like he has never been subjected to.

    Heck, I can't think of anyone on here I wouldn't ride with. The kind of sappy fact is though that the folks I would like most to ride with is everyone who chimes in about their first ride. I feel pretty confident I could share 2 miles, 10 miles, or a trip around the block and gain more from seeing the satisfaction on a new rider's face and from sharing the triumph than I will ever get from one of my own rides at this point.

    I would save my last ride ever for Beanz, cuz I would fall over and die at the top of one his mountains when and if I ever made it to the top, lol.

    Oh, and a thundering herd descending down into a French village on bikes, Oh Heck Ya!
    Last edited by txvintage; 05-11-09 at 08:26 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    2009 Cannondale Caad9-7/2009 BMC SLX01/2011 Marin Nail Trail 29er
    Posts
    1,715
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to ride with any of you guys and gals.

  13. #13
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
    I would have to bring JTGYK (He's a Lib, but I forgive him, hehehehe) along so we could share the Laurel and Hardy of Clyde political humor like he has never been subjected to.
    Don't you mean the Hardy and Hardy of Clyde political humor?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    My Bikes
    Opus Andante/Parleez5i/Burley Tosa Tandem
    Posts
    2,130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogsterca View Post
    Tom Stormcrowe definitely, The Historian is another, actually I wouldn't mind riding with anyone off here.... I still would like to set up a Toronto ride, just never seems to come together.....
    Pick a date and let me know. I can usally get away for a ride as long as it fits my wacky scheduale. Work every other weekend as in I work this weekend off next, would be nice to see some different roads.
    Best thing about cycling is when I'm at work I'm thinking of cycling, when I'm cycling I'm thinking about cycling.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post
    With an unlimited, money is no object budget, I'd simply have to set up a year long, all expenses paid tour through North America and Europe for all the Clydes and Athenas. That way, I wouldn't have to decide who to ride with because I'd be riding with all of you at once!

    Picture the panicked look on the faces of a small French village as all of us descended on it at once!
    Naw even better, 54 tonnes of clyde on bicycles descend on a Chinese buffet..... The poor guy that owned it would have a stroke.....

  16. #16
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Don't you mean the Hardy and Hardy of Clyde political humor?
    Point taken.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jtgyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Richardson TX
    Posts
    1,308
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
    I would love to take a North American tour and ride with everyone. That being said, yep, I want to see the covered bridges of PA with Historian. I would love to iritate Tom with political banter during rest stops, but I would have to bring JTGYK (He's a Lib, but I forgive him, hehehehe) along so we could share the Laurel and Hardy of Clyde political humor like he has never been subjected to.
    You can laugh...or you can point. Pointing AND laughing is right out!

    Quote Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
    I would save my last ride ever for Beanz, cuz I would fall over and die at the top of one his mountains when and if I ever made it to the top, lol.
    I keep thinking of how I'd like to return to Colorado for a tour (grew up there) I'd think "Beanz' Climbing and Charm School" (soon to be trademarked) would be perfect training.

    Quote Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
    Oh, and a thundering herd descending down into a French village on bikes, Oh Heck Ya!
    Especially to the appropriate Wagnerian Valkyrie music.
    ta tata TAAA ta....ta tata TAAA ta....ta tata TAAA ta....ta tata taaaa!
    (I love the smell of clyde sweat in the morning)
    Hey, I'm just this GUY...you know?
    >>>Team Critical Mess<<< (You mean it's not SUPPOSE to hurt?)

    My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
    1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
    1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
    Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock

  18. #18
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtgyk View Post
    (I love the smell of clyde sweat in the morning)
    I just lost my desire to eat lunch.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator making's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    Road bike
    Posts
    2,524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Napalm would not be as gross/
    Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are

  20. #20
    Cute, fluffy, and illegal gotls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post
    Picture the panicked look on the faces of a small French village as all of us descended on it at once!
    Sacrebleu! Hide zee cheeze!!!
    2009 Cannondale F5
    2008 Trek Madone 4.5 WSD
    2006 Marin Mill Valley (commuter)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •