Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   Passing the donut shop... (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/541122-passing-donut-shop.html)

Neil_B 05-13-09 07:46 AM

Passing the donut shop...
 
Today's giggle:

http://www.denverpost.com/brucecameron/ci_12345983

CliftonGK1 05-13-09 08:04 AM

My favourite line from the article:

"It turns out there are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me."

evblazer 05-13-09 09:13 AM

"Joel loaned me a shiny, multicolored bike-riding outfit that looked like he had stolen it from the Justice League of America."
ewwwwwwwwww
I really really don't think I could ever possibly get my bike stuff clean enough to lend to anyone.

bautieri 05-13-09 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evblazer (Post 8909864)
I really really don't think I could ever possibly get my bike stuff clean enough to lend to anyone.

Have you tried fire?

Neil_B 05-13-09 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evblazer (Post 8909864)
"Joel loaned me a shiny, multicolored bike-riding outfit that looked like he had stolen it from the Justice League of America."
ewwwwwwwwww
I really really don't think I could ever possibly get my bike stuff clean enough to lend to anyone.

Won't two washings do it?

Seriously, I think Americans are far too squemish about things.

SRR 05-13-09 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 (Post 8909461)
My favourite line from the article:

"It turns out there are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me."

True dat. I need a jersey with that quote on it.

evblazer 05-13-09 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Historian (Post 8909982)
Won't two washings do it?

Seriously, I think Americans are far too squemish about things.

No and probably. After some rides I don't think I'd want to ever wear my cycling clothes again :( A good long wash with some vinegar and a forgetful memory help.

Just like I don't know why I have to bring my own pillow and pillow case when I travel but will take a nap in a ditch or leaning up against a soda machine on a winter long distance ride.

Edit: And who says I'm American? oh wait I'm mostly Native American so I guess so. hmph.

carls82 05-13-09 06:05 PM

I rather enjoyed the part about falling over like a tree because I did that once, and also very publically. The only difference is I have a toe cage device instead of cleats. Took the correct foot out, but leaned the wrong way, and kept right on going into the side of a hill...on the side of a busy road. What a sight it must be to see a fat man riding his bicycle, stopping, then suddenly toppling over, for what looks to be no obvious reason to those that don't understand these things (most car drivers, and some pedestrians). I wish I could have gotten some pastries out of it.

EasyEd 05-14-09 04:51 PM

Thanks Niel, I needed cheering up today.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 PM.