Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hey Mr. Beanz

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hey Mr. Beanz

    How's this for a ride profile?



    That's Mount Diablo. Ride came in at 69.5 miles and 6150 feet. 13.73 avg. Not bad considering.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member DanteB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, Host of the 2012 ToC ITT
    My Bikes
    Waterford 2200
    Posts
    1,747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JoelS, I've gone up and done this ride several times. Love the last 200 yards to the top.
    Make mine a double!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteB View Post
    JoelS, I've gone up and done this ride several times. Love the last 200 yards to the top.
    Those last 500 yards are the hardest climbing I've yet had the pleasure of. I saw a 19% flash across the Garmin as my HR climbed into the 180's. The preceding 11.something miles weren't bad at all. I think I could have done it faster had I known the route. As it is, the climb took just under an hour 20.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  4. #4
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's pretty good ,I'd say!....Pretty darn good average for that much climbing too!

  5. #5
    Bikezilla Mazama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Flori-Duh
    My Bikes
    Co-Motion Mazama
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What software/website are you using. I'd like to profile my course just for some good laughs.
    14,000 miles and rolling...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    That's pretty good ,I'd say!....Pretty darn good average for that much climbing too!
    Thanks! My legs are feeling it this morning. Ouch! I am hoping that I'll be able to get out for a recovery type ride later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
    What software/website are you using. I'd like to profile my course just for some good laughs.
    Garmin 305 and the software that came in the box with it.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelS View Post
    Thanks! My legs are feeling it this morning. Ouch! I am hoping that I'll be able to get out for a recovery type ride later.
    Good idea! When I was a newb, I'd take a month off after a ride like yours!...Little did I know a nice recovery ride the next day does wonders!

  8. #8
    Senior Member DanteB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, Host of the 2012 ToC ITT
    My Bikes
    Waterford 2200
    Posts
    1,747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelS View Post
    Those last 500 yards are the hardest climbing I've yet had the pleasure of. I saw a 19% flash across the Garmin as my HR climbed into the 180's. The preceding 11.something miles weren't bad at all. I think I could have done it faster had I known the route. As it is, the climb took just under an hour 20.
    JoelS, where did you start the ride? The last time I did the climb I started in downtown Danville from a parking lot with a caboose in it. I logged 15 miles to the top with 3,380' of climbing and it took me 1:52 to get there. Oh yes the last little bit is a killer.
    Make mine a double!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteB View Post
    JoelS, where did you start the ride? The last time I did the climb I started in downtown Danville from a parking lot with a caboose in it. I logged 15 miles to the top with 3,380' of climbing and it took me 1:52 to get there. Oh yes the last little bit is a killer.
    I started the timer at the Athenian school, though I parked at St Timothy's.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •