Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Can I still be a member of your club?

    Hey guys,
    I finally broke the 200 lb mark this morning and weigh in at 199lbs. I'm not bragging here I'm just happy I finally broke under 200 lbs. Anyway, can I still be a member of your club? Just so you know, I started at 230 lbs on January 1st.

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  2. #2
    Senior Member neilfein's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, NJ, USA
    My Bikes
    "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; Dahon Curve D3 folding bike; a green around-town cruiser; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB.
    Posts
    3,808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure!
    Tour Journals, Blog, ride pix

    I'm in the celtic folk fusion band Baroque and Hungry. "Mended", our new full-length studio album, is now available for download.

  3. #3
    A shrinking member </intolerance>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go! Feels great doesn't it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PDX
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200, Kona Honky Inc, PX Stealth
    Posts
    643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be back

    No really, I hope not. Congrats it sure feels goods.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    My Bikes
    Giant Sedona, vintage unknown. Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, vintage unknown.
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No! You absolutely may not be a member.

    Y'all l'il skinny minny folks trip me out. Come in here talkin 'bout "I lost this much", "I lost that much", "I did this", "I did that", and still wanna be in our club. No! This is ours, and you can't be in it!

    Unless you bring a few good ride pics, some good stories, opinions, or comments or ..... doughnuts.

  6. #6
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalDude View Post
    No! You absolutely may not be a member.

    Y'all l'il skinny minny folks trip me out. Come in here talkin 'bout "I lost this much", "I lost that much", "I did this", "I did that", and still wanna be in our club. No! This is ours, and you can't be in it!

    Unless you bring a few good ride pics, some good stories, opinions, or comments or ..... doughnuts.
    No doughnuts for you!

    Don't worry folks, I'm watching the Pens game tonight and I'm sure I'll order pizza and gain a pound or two. It just feels good to reach a goal.

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  7. #7
    dolce far niente prxmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon, Dura Ace
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    skinny bas tard

  8. #8
    faderz mattNGTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    nyc
    My Bikes
    IRO BFSSFG Build (black with all IRO re-branded parts...for now) RIP - Centurion Dave Scott Champion Iron Man (fixed conversaion)
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm still trying to get down to my ideal birth weight of 7lbs, 3 ounces

  9. #9
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    15,958
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Couch, congrats! Good job! I'll make you up an emeritus certificate later and get it posted.
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    My Bikes
    2009 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2011 Trek 3900 Disc MTB
    Posts
    1,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couch, having you in here is going to be WAY fun!

    Go Pens! (I'm a CBJ fan tired of the Wangs dominance)

  11. #11
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN View Post
    Couch, having you in here is going to be WAY fun!

    Go Pens! (I'm a CBJ fan tired of the Wangs dominance)
    Thanks for the compliment bud. Hope you have a good ride with Hillary. He's a ton of fun. Hill and I are supposed to go for a nice ride over the 4th of July weekend in the Cleveland area (where we both grew up). I can't wait!

    Peace,

    Couch
    Last edited by couch_incident; 06-09-09 at 07:30 PM.
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  12. #12
    Fred at large
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Roads of Ventura County Ca
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
    Hey guys,
    I finally broke the 200 lb mark this morning and weigh in at 199lbs. I'm not bragging here I'm just happy I finally broke under 200 lbs. Anyway, can I still be a member of your club? Just so you know, I started at 230 lbs on January 1st.

    Couch
    No you may not be a member anymore. However, with a screen name involving a couch I am sure that you will be back. At that point you will be a NEW member and none of the seniority you acquired will be transferrable. You will be a nOOb again.

    Oh, and bragging about weight loss will NOT earn you brownie points. Brownies maybe, but no points.
    I am Fred, hear me slurp my Grande Mocha.

    ***
    2006 60cm Orbea Orca with 2009 Rival
    1985 55cm Nishiki lugged steel with Shimano parts and Rigida wheels (C&V for sale)

    1987 Haro Extreme (undermount rear brake) mtn bike with Shimano LX and Rock Shox fork
    2009 Kona Hei-Hei 2-9

  13. #13
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    No you may not be a member anymore. However, with a screen name involving a couch I am sure that you will be back. At that point you will be a NEW member and none of the seniority you acquired will be transferrable. You will be a nOOb again.

    Oh, and bragging about weight loss will NOT earn you brownie points. Brownies maybe, but no points.
    Will I lose all my street cred? If I will, I'll go pound down a tub of crisco real quick.

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  14. #14
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    15,958
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    This has more street cred. By the way, print this and hang it up.
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Red Wings! Also on another note, CONGRATS! It is always satisfying to meet a goal. Keep up the hard work my friend and have fun! Save some of the ladies for us though!
    Last edited by Sdlong92; 06-09-09 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Typos!!!

  16. #16
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdlong92 View Post
    Go Red Wings! Also on another note, CONGRATS! It is always satisfying to meet a goal. Keep up the hard work my friend and have fun! Save some of the ladies for us though!
    Thanks for the kind words man. The hockey game tonight has been great so far. Chris Osgood has been amazing tonight. I swear that guy is an alien man!

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  17. #17
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post


    This has more street cred. By the way, print this and hang it up.
    I'll be sure to print this up tomorrow and hang it up in my office.

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  18. #18
    Tilting with windmills txvintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Couch!

    You do know this is gonna mean having to jump up and down more to create a full on counch incidnet

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marysville WA
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna vote to let you stick around, but then I realized you were talking about a hockey game.... ick. Just kiddin ya couch. You can stay.

  20. #20
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txvintage View Post
    Congrats Couch!

    You do know this is gonna mean having to jump up and down more to create a full on counch incidnet

    I really don't know what that means, but thanks for the congrats. Just so you all know, I'm at 200 lbs. again. Just ate a nice pasta dinner. Man, pasta has it's hold on me folks...I'm sure I'll burn it off this weekend.

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  21. #21
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    I was gonna vote to let you stick around, but then I realized you were talking about a hockey game.... ick. Just kiddin ya couch. You can stay.
    PHooY! Hockey is the bestest game EVAR! Thanks for letting me stick around though.

    Couchy
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  22. #22
    Come here often? <wink> exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    My Bikes
    2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker, 1999 Jamis Exile
    Posts
    2,813
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Clydes are welcome. Hopefully you can give advice to some of us who wish to be former Clydes as well. Just don't go thinking you can wear spandex all the time now (thinking of eddie murphy from the "Nutty Professor") .

  23. #23
    Ooohh, shiny things! kyle16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    My Bikes
    2005 Raleigh Competition
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I am a Clydesdale and still wear spandex... not that I should.

    And I will say this: "Spandex is a privilege, not a right!"

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get out of here you skinny runt or we'll sit on your bony bag of flesh and squish you.

  25. #25
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Former Clydes are welcome. Hopefully you can give advice to some of us who wish to be former Clydes as well. Just don't go thinking you can wear spandex all the time now (thinking of eddie murphy from the "Nutty Professor") .
    I'll never wear spandex. My package isn't big enough to do that O

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •