I got my annual flat this morning. Now that, that's over with.....
Okay, this really should be a poll, but
If you get a flat do you:
1) Call the household SAG wagon.
2) Add some air and home you can limp home.
3) Replace the tube with another, tossing the old one ( I will assume into a proper receptacle).
4) Replace the tube with another, take the old one home to patch.
5) Patch the tube and reinstall
Personally I put myself in category 4, I think 3 out of 3 of my spare tubes have now been patched.....