well dang it.. the Bee lives right there! I will be in Chicago at that time... want to come visit my cats??
OK Here's my suggestions:
(1) BIKING: Go ride on the Silver Comet... Can you leave a little early?? It looks like it is not open late - so I am not sure this option will work. But there's a great trail that goes all the way to Alabama.
Traffic is yucky - so it would be great if you could leave during the day....
(2) Good running/walking path - Chattahoochee River, Powers Ferry/Cochran Shoals | 3 to 8 miles | From I-285 exit at Powers Ferry/Northside Dr., exit 22. From the east, turn right at the end of the ramp. Go straight at the next light. From the west, turn left at the 2nd light. Go straight through the next two lights. From both directions, the park is on the right, immediately after the bridge. There is a $3 parking fee.
(3) Right at the Perimeter mall- Well it's a good mall. No biggie though. I mean you can shop anywhere... but Goldfish is a cute restaurant...and there's lots of food options around.
Also - my bike group is an hour away - but I think they are awesome and they have rides on Tuesday. Ther's also some great Mon evening rides in other spots. let me know if that is an option at all and I can give you more info. Ther's a local Monday night ride out of the Perimeter - I hear it's tough....lemme know if ya wanna hear more.
4) Go see the Braves play.....
5) Go to Virgina Highlands for dinner - or Buckhead/Midtown....Money no object? My favorite place is Vini Vidi Vici (But expensive)
More info on rides in Atlanta
OK _ I called a Bike shop - They could rent you a bike for $35/day. They need to know how tall you are. The shop has a ride on Tuesday nights which I could never do cause it's 18-19MPH avg and a drop ride... but you could always get the bike and put it on your car somehow and ride at the Silver Comet or the Monday night ride at the Concourse.
Roswell Cycle Works
1580 Holcomb Bridge Rd
Roswell, GA 30076
E-mail this location
Map and directions
Other good ride ideas can be found at the following sites:
Southeastern Cycling Web Site
Southern Biclycle League
Dunwoody Cycling Group
Now I am on a roll: Monday Councourse Ride Info (Near Perimeter Mall)
30 pm King and Queen Ride of Dunwoody
(3NE - Concourse Athletic Club -- 8 Concourse Parkway)
Please Join the SBL in conjunction with support from the Concourse Athletic Club and Cousins Properties on our newest metro Atlanta Ride! Beautiful riding through Sandy Springs, Brookhaven and Buckhead. This ride will have both an A & B group, and will have a no drop policy for group B. Ideally B riders should be able to maintain a 15mph pace. Cue Sheets will be provided. The Ride will meet at the base of the King & Queen Building at the roundabout of the Concourse Athletic Club; 8 Concourse Parkway. No ride if raining, helmets required. For more information, email Roger Toebben, Beth Kastigar
, or call 404-861-0262, 404-256-2630.
Group: SBL & Concourse Athletic ClubCategory: WeeklyLevel: Moderate / StrenuousDistance: Pace: Drop Policy: