Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Swobo is looking for XL riders

    OK, so we've got this situation, where if you're a size XL, you're in luck.

    To make a long story short, we made too many size XL in some key styles this year, and we need to sell them at 50% off so the inventory gets back into alignment with the rest of the sizes. We've got short sleeve Merino jerseys, Merino shirts, Lycra jerseys, etc.

    So here's the deal....if you ping me at tim@swobo.com , I'll send you a code that you can use on our site to get the 50% off.

    I thought this board might appreciate such an offer, so I hope you guys enjoy.

    Thanks.

    Tim

  2. #2
    Super Moderator no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    7,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Shouldn't this be in the Marketplace?
    2. Why not just post the code in the coupon section?

    I realize that those two sections don't have the traffic as this forum, but people do check them out. All it would take would be for one or two people to see your coupon code or notice in the classifieds, then word of mouth would take over.

    EDIT: Thread title is misleading. Your not looking for XL riders, your looking for XL buyers.
    Last edited by no1mad; 11-20-09 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just re-label them medium and large. That's what Performance and Nasbar do.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

  4. #4
    Senior Member socalrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upland, CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike
    Posts
    5,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see why he posted in Clyde section but it would be best if the 50% off applied to XL and XXL jerseys and shirts.

  5. #5
    Kaffee Nazi danarnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Richland, WA
    My Bikes
    2009 Kestrel RT800, 2007 Roubaix, 1976 Lambert-Viscount
    Posts
    1,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
    1. Shouldn't this be in the Marketplace?
    2. Why not just post the code in the coupon section?

    I realize that those two sections don't have the traffic as this forum, but people do check them out. All it would take would be for one or two people to see your coupon code or notice in the classifieds, then word of mouth would take over.

    EDIT: Thread title is misleading. Your not looking for XL riders, your looking for XL buyers.
    "You're" not "your" This is getting tedious. 'Your' is possessive. "you're" is a contraction for 'you are.' This is not just a nit pick. This kind of fractured English is jarring if not confusing to the literate.
    DISCLAIMER: Nothing here should be taken as legal advice, even if it seems silly enough to have been written by a legislator, and especially not if it appears (by remote chance) to display any evidence of erudition.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SoCal (So. O.C.)
    My Bikes
    Zinn road bike, Rockhopper MTB
    Posts
    278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danarnold View Post
    "You're" not "your" This is getting tedious. 'Your' is possessive. "you're" is a contraction for 'you are.' This is not just a nit pick. This kind of fractured English is jarring if not confusing to the literate.
    Thanks!
    I confess, errors jump off the page at me and I try to ignore them -- but they're (not "there" or "their") so distracting. Especially in a post that's 'correcting' another post. = )
    But then I wonder if maybe an occasional correction might help those who really want to do better but don't know. Maybe later we can point out the uses and abuses of our friend, the apostrophe.

    BTW, Thanks for the post about the clothing. I'm going to check it out. If it's not what I want, I'll move on....

  7. #7
    Kaffee Nazi danarnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Richland, WA
    My Bikes
    2009 Kestrel RT800, 2007 Roubaix, 1976 Lambert-Viscount
    Posts
    1,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bretgross View Post
    Thanks!
    I confess, errors jump off the page at me and I try to ignore them -- but they're (not "there" or "their") so distracting. Especially in a post that's 'correcting' another post. = )
    But then I wonder if maybe an occasional correction might help those who really want to do better but don't know. Maybe later we can point out the uses and abuses of our friend, the apostrophe.

    BTW, Thanks for the post about the clothing. I'm going to check it out. If it's not what I want, I'll move on....
    Yes. I really don't like making these corrections. Maybe it's because you usually see them when someone is arguing and points them out to make a personal put down, which was not my intent.

    BTW, I have two Swobo merino wool jerseys. Very reasonably priced around $40 from Backcountry. I really like wool and these are bargains.
    DISCLAIMER: Nothing here should be taken as legal advice, even if it seems silly enough to have been written by a legislator, and especially not if it appears (by remote chance) to display any evidence of erudition.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Redskin8006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    My Bikes
    2007 Schwinn Fastback Elite
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how do the Swobo marino wool jerseys hold up to machine washing? Just curious because I've had some wool stuff in the past that shrunk after washing (gentle cycle, cold water, etc.). I'm a little leery of buying wool garments for that reason. That said, looks like Swobo has some nice stuff as long as it stays true to size.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks!!!

  10. #10
    I am the Snail~! Peter_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Near Akron, Ohio
    My Bikes
    2010 TerraTrike Rover 8
    Posts
    1,583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well, personally - I say thank you for the posting! I think it was a nice thing to do myself.

    My only wish was that he had 50% off 3XL and 4XL - then I would be thrilled as well!

    As for the marketplace vs here? I would never see it if he had posted it there. So posting it here gets it to the right people. If this was something he, they, whatever - did every day it would get rather $PAM-like, but I do not (personally) think a 50% off offer is EVER $PAM.

    Of course, I do not make the rules here either, just stating my thoughts upon seeing the post.

    So, thank you "Tim Parr".
    Last edited by Peter_C; 11-21-09 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spekking
    Peter_C
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/ <-- My Photos

  11. #11
    Senior Member gypz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fontana Ca
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can anyone other then me not get swobo's site to open?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Marysville, WA
    My Bikes
    Trek Portland/Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo/LeMond Versailles
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gypz View Post
    can anyone other then me not get swobo's site to open?
    I get the generic Apache web site that you get when you do a base installation of that web engine. They have something severely messed up on their site right now.

    Perhaps they plan to use the money from the big XL sales promotion to hire a web administrator.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Marysville, WA
    My Bikes
    Trek Portland/Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo/LeMond Versailles
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlester View Post
    I get the generic Apache web site that you get when you do a base installation of that web engine. They have something severely messed up on their site right now.

    Perhaps they plan to use the money from the big XL sales promotion to hire a web administrator.
    Today the site doesn't load at all. An overstock of XL clothes seems to be the least of their problems.

  14. #14
    Member salbertiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...
    Last edited by salbertiago; 02-18-13 at 10:04 AM.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reply to the above...

    1. Yes, it could have been, and I didn't think of that. I just always feel that the more targeted any communication, the better for everyone involved. I just felt that this location would benefit this audience the best.

    2. I'm against posting coupon codes. If a person is in need of what we're offering, then they should email us for the deal. Posted codes become internet spamming tools (used by other people). We'd rather deal with customers one at a time.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok.....that's funny. The part about Nashbar...
    Last edited by Tim Parr; 11-22-09 at 10:48 AM.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a fine line between what is considered a spam, and what is considered a a genuine offer to a focused group of people who might benefit. I still struggle with it....so all comments and concerns welcomed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
    Ah well, personally - I say thank you for the posting! I think it was a nice thing to do myself.

    My only wish was that he had 50% off 3XL and 4XL - then I would be thrilled as well!

    As for the marketplace vs here? I would never see it if he had posted it there. So posting it here gets it to the right people. If this was something he, they, whatever - did every day it would get rather $PAM-like, but I do not (personally) think a 50% off offer is EVER $PAM.

    Of course, I do not make the rules here either, just stating my thoughts upon seeing the post.

    So, thank you "Tim Parr".

  18. #18
    Senior Member gypz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fontana Ca
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i sent an email asking for a 1/2 off code................. thank you.

  19. #19
    Senior Member gypz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fontana Ca
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup, cant get to the site today at all. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

  20. #20
    Insane Bicycle Mechanic Jeff Wills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    other Vancouver
    Posts
    6,636
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the site's working for now. Maybe it was everyone shopping in advance of Black Friday.

    Jeff Wills

    All my bikes.

  21. #21
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site loaded fine for me Earlier this morning and again just a minute ago.

    Most deals only come to the XS sizing so:
    Complaints about an XL good deal are amazing, but I am glad some of you guys are not interested.

  22. #22
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
    1. Shouldn't this be in the Marketplace?
    2. Why not just post the code in the coupon section?

    I realize that those two sections don't have the traffic as this forum, but people do check them out. All it would take would be for one or two people to see your coupon code or notice in the classifieds, then word of mouth would take over.

    EDIT: Thread title is misleading. Your not looking for XL riders, your looking for XL buyers.
    He only posted here and the Commuter forum, surely knowing who would appreciate the deal the most. I do not really see the big deal with the title. Maybe you thought he was forming a group ride of only XL riders and ended up being terribly disappointed. Whatever.

  23. #23
    I am the Snail~! Peter_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Near Akron, Ohio
    My Bikes
    2010 TerraTrike Rover 8
    Posts
    1,583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am terribly disappointed! No Love for the Fat man!!

    Do not know where "Tim Parr" is in the food-chain, but with all the big bucks spend on ads, etc...

    Something as simple as a one time one item BIG discount to new shoppers is a great way to get a chance at *hooking* a new customer - just a thought?

    Since the site is so tough to get into - how big does their sizes go anyhow? 1-2LX only?

    EDIT - no need to reply to me, or for me - Swobo stops at LG to 2XL depending on the item...so, smaller Clydes only need bother looking. Mores the pity, adding another clothing shop to my list would have been nice
    Last edited by Peter_C; 11-22-09 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling- updated info
    Peter_C
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/ <-- My Photos

  24. #24
    Senior Member Indie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1976 20" folding Triumph Trafficmaster
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out their sizing info and am laughing so hard at what they think an 'extra large' woman looks like. I haven't had a 34" waist since I was in highschool...
    Sterling - 1976 Triumph Trafficmaster 20" folder

  25. #25
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parr View Post
    2. I'm against posting coupon codes. If a person is in need of what we're offering, then they should email us for the deal.

    That's pretty silly! I think you were the one "in need" when you came here attempting to dump your product! Now it's "if a person needs what we're offering" we call the shots deal? Sheesh! I'd avopid your offer just for your atitude. So if I get a defect that needs return, then you will say that "I need to kiss your arse" since I'm the one that need your customer service. Sketchy attitude if you ask me, Pfft!

    Other dealers have come on to make offers. Very friendly considerate attitudes worth consideration.
    Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 11-23-09 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •