Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Mostly schwinn... few classics
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post work ride: Mt. Falcon

    Had a great time yesterday, found out how much of a climb this trail really is WOW!!! I didn't have time to completely summit but I still had fun. I have plans to return shortly to make it to the top. Blew a flat on my front tire on the way down, bummer! Conditions varied, most of the trail was hard packed snow, there was some mud, some tacky and some dry spots.


















  2. #2
    Senior Member Smoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How freakin awesome it must be to live in a place like that and to be able to make those rides.... Thanks for sharing the details and the pictures!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    My Bikes
    CAAD9-1, Windsor Cliff 29er
    Posts
    1,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome. I live in your neck of the woods but just started mountain biking this year. I find it quite hard, I'm not good at technical stuff and crashing all the time. I wish I were good enough to enjoy this stuff though without fear of hurting myself.

  4. #4
    Senior Member funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Mostly schwinn... few classics
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked View Post
    How freakin awesome it must be to live in a place like that and to be able to make those rides.... Thanks for sharing the details and the pictures!
    I do feel lucky, you won't hear me argue that!

    Quote Originally Posted by cooleric1234 View Post
    That's awesome. I live in your neck of the woods but just started mountain biking this year. I find it quite hard, I'm not good at technical stuff and crashing all the time. I wish I were good enough to enjoy this stuff though without fear of hurting myself.
    I am always looking for others to ride with. Castle Rock has some nice trails that are not technical if you wanna hear that way!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nola_Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD9 5
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked View Post
    How freakin awesome it must be to live in a place like that and to be able to make those rides.... Thanks for sharing the details and the pictures!
    Took the words right out of my mouth!!! Thanks for posting!

  6. #6
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't deal with snow here but wouldn't you slide all the way down the mtn if it were hardpacked?..I just about slide down some of the hills here on hardpacked stuff with the small rocks.

  7. #7
    Downtown Spanky Brown bautieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pennsyltucky
    My Bikes
    07 Raliegh Grand Sport 98ish Mongoose Manuever
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funrover View Post


    Very nice, thank you for sharring these pics. If you don't mind me asking, in this one here ^^^, just what sort of voodoo are you using to keep the bike from falling over?

  8. #8
    Its a Mountain not a Hill Big Lug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    My Bikes
    Trek 2100
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bautieri View Post
    very nice, thank you for sharring these pics. If you don't mind me asking, in this one here ^^^, just what sort of voodoo are you using to keep the bike from falling over?
    hahahahhahahhahah
    2005 Trek 2100 ; 2008 Trek Remedy 7 ; 2002 Trek 2000 (Backup Bike)

  9. #9
    Senior Member funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Mostly schwinn... few classics
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    I don't deal with snow here but wouldn't you slide all the way down the mtn if it were hardpacked?..I just about slide down some of the hills here on hardpacked stuff with the small rocks.
    LOL, it actually made it a smoother trail. If you are ever out this way in winter time I will take you on a ride and that will explain any confusion!


    Quote Originally Posted by bautieri View Post
    Very nice, thank you for sharring these pics. If you don't mind me asking, in this one here ^^^, just what sort of voodoo are you using to keep the bike from falling over?
    LMAO!!! It's leaning uphill, resting on the toe clip and the chain tension is keeping the crank in place!

  10. #10
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funrover View Post
    I will take you on a ride and that will explain any confusion!
    Were talking bikes here, right? Otherwise, that would take a few days!

  11. #11
    Senior Member funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Mostly schwinn... few classics
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Were talking bikes here, right? Otherwise, that would take a few days!
    LMAO!!! Yep, just bikes. I am gonna have to talk to your better half about you.........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •