Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: First Down!

  1. #1
    fc_
    fc_ is offline
    phredite
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East SF Bay, CA
    My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Soma Groove
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First Down!

    No, not football. This is a cycling board, remember?

    I'm proud to say after todays ride, I've already crossed 1,000 miles for the year so far! Madness? Insanity? Obsession? All a definite possibility, I'll admit. Ok, so really with where I live, cycling is pretty much a year round sport. Most rides have started out in 40 degree weather or above, and on the colder days, the winter gloves and booties I purchased for the new year have really come in handy. Cycling is so much nicer when you can feel your hands and feet. Any way you slice it, its been a great start to my cycling season.

    Profile from today's ride. 70 miles, roughly 6000ft of vertical.
    http://www.fluid-code.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    Posts
    25,116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70 mile touch down.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow! More than doubled my miles already. I'm somewhere around 440 for the year. But it's been raining and I'm a sissy, I don't ride in the rain.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Herbie53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    5,705
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fc_ View Post
    No, not football. This is a cycling board, remember?

    I'm proud to say after todays ride, I've already crossed 1,000 miles for the year so far! Madness? Insanity? Obsession? All a definite possibility, I'll admit. Ok, so really with where I live, cycling is pretty much a year round sport. Most rides have started out in 40 degree weather or above, and on the colder days, the winter gloves and booties I purchased for the new year have really come in handy. Cycling is so much nicer when you can feel your hands and feet. Any way you slice it, its been a great start to my cycling season.

    Profile from today's ride. 70 miles, roughly 6000ft of vertical.
    Nicely done. We used to live in Concord. Where was that ride?
    "Today me will live in the moment, unless it's unpleasant, then me will eat cookie." -Cookie Monster

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Marysville, WA
    My Bikes
    Trek Portland/Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo/LeMond Versailles
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt good being at 200 already, but I haven't done anything other that commute so far this year. The weather today is starting to call out to me though. If it wasn't Superbowl Sunday, et al, I would have done the Batterman Hill ride.

  6. #6
    fc_
    fc_ is offline
    phredite
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East SF Bay, CA
    My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Soma Groove
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Nicely done. We used to live in Concord. Where was that ride?
    That was yet another romp in the east bay hills. To name a few of the roads, Old Tunnel Road, Wildcat, Bear Creek, Pinehurst, Redwood, Skyline. You get the picture... up, uppity, up! (and a few nice downhills)
    http://www.fluid-code.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Gears? CliftonGK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2009 Spesh Singlecross, 2011 RM Flow1
    Posts
    11,318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice going! I've yet to churn out a month near quad digits, even during the nicest of weather.
    I rolled out 605 miles for January, and then promptly got sick for the start of February so I'm just back on the bike this morning. I'm aiming for 1100 (total) by the end of this month to stay on track for 6000 by the year's end.
    "I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
    - Mandi M.

  8. #8
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are on atleast a 10,000 mile year schedule! What did you get lat year?

  9. #9
    Senior Member cyclist2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Up
    My Bikes
    Masi (retired), Giant TCR, Eisentraut, Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo (trainer bike), Cannondale, Stumpjumper, Waterford(N+1), Tern D8 (N+1)
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't gotten out yet. too much snow
    I don't do vintage, I bought them new, rode them, kept them. Now they are just old bikes
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bustercrb/sets/72157623483647522/

  10. #10
    fc_
    fc_ is offline
    phredite
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East SF Bay, CA
    My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Soma Groove
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    You are on atleast a 10,000 mile year schedule! What did you get lat year?
    From late May to the end of 2009 I logged 5,754 miles. Before that, my wife had been hospitalized on three separate occasions, starting in January, and while I rode to and from the hospitals quite a bit, along with doing grocery shopping and other miscellaneous chores by bike as needed, I had other things on my mind than keeping track of my mileage at that point.

    And yes, I set the bar high this year, but given what I logged last year in just over 6 months time, I think I can pull it off. If I don't there's always next year.
    http://www.fluid-code.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #11
    fc_
    fc_ is offline
    phredite
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East SF Bay, CA
    My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Soma Groove
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
    Nice going! I've yet to churn out a month near quad digits, even during the nicest of weather.
    I rolled out 605 miles for January, and then promptly got sick for the start of February so I'm just back on the bike this morning. I'm aiming for 1100 (total) by the end of this month to stay on track for 6000 by the year's end.
    Not quite a quad digit month. A weeks worth of solid rain and wind kept me off the roads during that stretch of the month. Still managed 774 miles for January, and trying to catch up for the lost time.
    http://www.fluid-code.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    Senior Member Wylde06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NW Ohio
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Six13
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jeeze...and here I only have 7 miles for the year...been stuck on the trainer all winter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •