This is my bike that I got 2nd week of February. I think this bike is great for the following reasons
1. Flat Bar makes you feel confident if you haven't ridden a bike in a long time or have never ridden a bike with drop bars before.
2. It looks sharp. "comfort bikes" and "hybrids" are just too nerdy for my taste. And while it's nice to say we don't care about what people say, the truth is deep down inside we do and most people that are in the 300lb + weight class typically are going to have some sort of fear about being seen on a bike (even though it shows that you are working on getting in shape!) This bike makes you look like you ride seriously even if you are just starting out, sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it!
3. It's FAST. The first thing I said when I got on the bike was "Holy ****, this thing moves"
4. Cost. This is a LOT of bike for the money. Even if you only keep this bike for 1 year, at $549, that is merely $10 a week.
5. Versatility. The bike comes with 700x28c wheels stock. You can definately go larger for more comfort and durability or you can go smaller for performance.