Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   2010 Clydesdales/ Athenas Biggest Loser Week 14 4/5 - 4/11 (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/634363-2010-clydesdales-athenas-biggest-loser-week-14-4-5-4-11-a.html)

Missbumble 04-05-10 06:45 PM

2010 Clydesdales/ Athenas Biggest Loser Week 14 4/5 - 4/11
 
OK - Here we go. Please join us as we all work toward our goals to be healthier and fitter in the New Year.

How Does this Work?
Mondays - Post your starting weight for the week and Goals for the week. Also report in on the prior week.

2010 Participants
5KDad
10 Wheels
aidenpryde18
Art0
Big Lug
BigPolishJimmy
Bodydoc2002
Cohophysh
cranky old dude
cyclokitty
DallasSoxFan
Davin1023
DoubleTap
Emperorcezar
flip18436572
freeagent1970
gigemags1155
ImpFreak7
jeneralist
JohnnyHK
Kazzy
kgriffioen
krazygl00
macwild
markm109
Missbumble
Nola_Gal
notoriouslyKen
petflunky
Ratedz
RayB
Rthomse
RustyD
Sayre Kulp
Scotlanddb
Seenoevil
Smoked
SSGPJ
Stevel610
sumguy
superjim
TechknownGN
Wylde06
XR2
youcoming

youcoming 04-05-10 07:46 PM

I'm done another two pounds. I'm one stinking pound over 200. So here I sit at 201lbs dreaming of 199....lol

Kazzy 04-05-10 07:58 PM

And I am almost exactly the same as last week, at 199.8. I haven't been riding much because of my cold. I took a few shorter rides last week, but it was kind of windy and with my cough it made it harder than usual. Today I did my usual 20 mile ride and it felt good. Trying to get back on track for the coming week.

leftturn 04-05-10 08:01 PM

223.5

I have 21 miles of run scheduled by my running coach, some spinning classes and hopefully some outdoor riding on the new bike I would like to hit 220 by next Monday.

BigPolishJimmy 04-06-10 09:05 AM

271.8 lbs on Monday, I ate like old times at Easter Dinner and I am paying the price. I was lower on the scale a couple of days earlier but I knew the Easter feast was coming so it's no surprise. I've also not been on the bike much, but I haven't watched much tv at all either. I think this week will be better, much stress at work but I don't have any control over that, so I'll just roll with whatever comes.


Week 2 - 295 lbs (start)
Week 3 - 291.5 lbs
Week 4 - 284.4 lbs
Week 5 - 282.5 lbs
Week 6 - 280.2 lbs
Week 7 - 281.3 lbs
Week 8 - 282.0 lbs
Week 9 - 280.0 lbs
Week 10 - 278 lbs
Week 11 - 279.5 lbs
Week 12 - 274.3 lbs
Week 13 - 272.7 lbs
Week 14 - 271.8 lbs

jeneralist 04-06-10 01:03 PM

210.8 Waiting to get to the other side of 210. Just got my first set of clipless pedals & shoes, so I have that much more of a reason to get out on two wheels...

krazygl00 04-06-10 03:57 PM

Minor setback this week.

March 01, 2010 285.0
March 08, 2010 280.6
March 15, 2010 277.4
March 22, 2010 274.8
March 29, 2010 273.2
April 5, 2010 275.4
April 12, 2010 ????

I am not sure what caused it, but I'm up 2lbs from the previous week, when I had wanted to be down 3. The only thing I can think of was that I haven't kept up with my riding as much the past week, and I did take Sunday off for Easter brunch and had a really good meal. Could be the salt, fat (and couple of bloody mary's) had me retaining water the next day? I dunno.

I weighed myself again Tuesday AM and I'm back at 273.4. I just have to keep in mind my 4 week window, which is a net loss. I also have to not worry about it too much and keep going.

The whole reason I had wanted to be down below 270 was to take it easy some days this week when I have some friends visiting. So I'm not setting any goals for Apr 12, I'm just going to be as careful as possible and see how I do.

cranky old dude 04-06-10 04:48 PM

I've been absent for awhile, and not doing much about my weight.

Well, Spring has sprung! The bikes are rolling, the snacking has stopped, and the weight is slowly disappearing.

‘03/01………211.2 lbs
‘03/08………209.2 lbs
‘03/15………209.2 lbs
‘03/22………207.6 lbs
‘03/29………204.8 lbs March cycling miles…..401
‘04/05………201.0 lbs

RatedZ 04-06-10 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missbumble (Post 10628019)

OK - Here we go. Please join us as we all work toward our goals to be healthier and fitter in the New Year.

How Does this Work?
Mondays - Post your starting weight for the week and Goals for the week. Also report in on the prior week.

2010 Participants
5KDad
10 Wheels
aidenpryde18
Art0
Big Lug
BigPolishJimmy
Bodydoc2002
Cohophysh
cranky old dude
cyclokitty
DallasSoxFan
Davin1023
DoubleTap
Emperorcezar
flip18436572
freeagent1970
gigemags1155
ImpFreak7
jeneralist
JohnnyHK
Kazzy
kgriffioen
krazygl00
macwild
markm109
Missbumble
Nola_Gal
notoriouslyKen
petflunky
RayB
Rthomse
RustyD
Sayre Kulp
Scotlanddb
Seenoevil
Smoked
SSGPJ
Stevel610
sumguy
superjim
TechknownGN
Wylde06
XR2
youcoming

Please add me to the list! I'm at 213 lbs.

rideorglide 04-06-10 08:44 PM

I've been going stealth.
Down from 212 at around Christmas to 198.2 today. (196.8 the other day, but that might have been a fluke)

Was clyde for years, then sub-clyde for a year, then clyde again. Now just sub clyde again.

Saw a hospital-affiliated nutritionist who was very good, and really for the most part it was all about quality eating and portion control, since I wasn't able to exercise much. (Got sick after a severe adverse reaction to an H1N1 shot, and then got some gastric thing, lost my appetite. Lost a few lbs there.)

The workplace is the hardest place to lose by far ... stress eating, and plenty to feed the temptation.

Have only just gotten better in the last few weeks and only just gotten the bike out for 3 short rides in the last week. Good to be riding again. Even though they were all under 45 minutes, with health concerns I have to ease in gradually. I found out the hard way about overdoing it on increasing mileage before I was ready.

youcoming 04-07-10 07:51 AM

^^^^I find work the easy place to stay on track. I bring in my own food and whatever I bring is all I have! Plus I walk a lot at work and drink gallons of water!

Missbumble 04-07-10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatedZ (Post 10633528)
Please add me to the list! I'm at 213 lbs.

You are in!

RatedZ 04-07-10 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missbumble (Post 10639595)
You are in!

Awesome! How long does the "contest" run, and what is the goal we're supposed to be striving for? Is it just a matter of everyone losing 20 lbs, or how does it work?

rthomse 04-08-10 03:33 PM

Down 1.8 this week. Weathers been great ,40 miles since monday. 263.6

RatedZ 04-08-10 04:44 PM

I've lost 2 lbs since my initial post in this thread! :thumb:

Missbumble 04-10-10 10:40 PM

Hey RatedZ - Well we started last year - and did it for most of the year - so we run for the year. I am afraid if I stop this thread - I will really gain weight - so I figure I am in it...for the long haul. I guess for most of us - losing weight and keeping it off is a life time thing - the more we help otheres and the more we are accountable the better? Just my opinion. Anyway of late I have not done al that well food wise. Job stress and laziness so I am hoping for the willingness to be more committed. OK Hell I will post my numbers again on Monday and commit to a better week.

So comeonin- join the fun and let us kno0w how you are progressing.... come on in and inspire! Be Inspired!! Go ride a bike!

RatedZ 04-10-10 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missbumble (Post 10652898)
Hey RatedZ - Well we started last year - and did it for most of the year - so we run for the year. I am afraid if I stop this thread - I will really gain weight - so I figure I am in it...for the long haul. I guess for most of us - losing weight and keeping it off is a life time thing - the more we help otheres and the more we are accountable the better? Just my opinion. Anyway of late I have not done al that well food wise. Job stress and laziness so I am hoping for the willingness to be more committed. OK Hell I will post my numbers again on Monday and commit to a better week.

So comeonin- join the fun and let us kno0w how you are progressing.... come on in and inspire! Be Inspired!! Go ride a bike!

I've fallen off the wagon a bit with eating healthy. I've been doing good for about a week, but my love for chocolate keeps coming back to haunt me. :o I just can't give up every bad food that I like. :lol:

Well, whatever the case, despite a weakness for chocolate, I'm still eating better than I have in the past...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.