Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-10, 01:08 PM   #1
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Clyde Rides, Lycoming and Tioga Counties, PA, August 8 and 9, 2010

I'll be on vacation up in the PA Wilds section of the state next month. Anyone want to meet for a ride? I'm planning on riding the Williamsport Bike Trail on the 8th, and on the Pine Creek Rail Trail on the 9th. I'll also be in the Pine Creek Gorge area for a couple of days after then.

Anyone who wants to join me for a short hike is also welcome. I want to hike up to overlooks in Little Pine State Park, on Mount Tom and Gillespie Point, and along the West Rim Trail. It's no more than a few miles for each.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 08:23 PM   #2
Sayre Kulp 
Bulky Bullet
 
Sayre Kulp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me see what happens the next few weeks with work and such, and I may take you up on that.
__________________
"Obstacles don't like me very much. I make them look bad."
Sayre Kulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 09:20 PM   #3
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayre Kulp View Post
Let me see what happens the next few weeks with work and such, and I may take you up on that.
OK. However, Sayrekulp, that's less than three weeks from now. :-)

Photos of the Pine Creek Rail Trail from last year:





This is the Gorge from the overlook in Leonard Harrison State Park. You can see the trail next to Pine Creek.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 10:43 PM   #4
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
BTW, I'll be primitive camping in the Tiadaghton State Forest - with permit, free to PA residents. Anyone who cares to join me is welcome, unless you are a bear. I'll also spend a night on the trail, probably at the Tiadaghton hiker/biker site in the Gorge itself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:36 AM   #5
Bluetrane2028
Senior Member
 
Bluetrane2028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Bikes: Schwinn Mesa GSX, Schwinn Varsity Singlespeed, Trek 1000
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was in Tioga about a month ago, beautiful area. If it works out, I'll let you know... but I'm not sure I'll be up to drive 3-4 hours to ride a few to drive again.
Bluetrane2028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 02:19 PM   #6
Sayre Kulp 
Bulky Bullet
 
Sayre Kulp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
OK. However, Sayrekulp, that's less than three weeks from now. :-)
Clearly you underestimate me. Ask any of my friends and family about my last minute excursions. I'm the guy who randomly decided at 9:30 pm to drive to a New York, just so I could take somebody to a White Castle for the first time. Last week I rode from my house to Harrisburg. When did I decide to do it? About lunch time - THAT DAY. If you learn anything about me as you get to know me, it will probably be that I'm nuttier than squirrel turds in a pistachio factory.
__________________
"Obstacles don't like me very much. I make them look bad."
Sayre Kulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 09:20 PM   #7
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayre Kulp View Post
Last week I rode from my house to Harrisburg. When did I decide to do it? About lunch time - THAT DAY.
HUH!?! You rode a century spur of the moment and didn't tell us here?!? For shame!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 11:10 PM   #8
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayre Kulp View Post
Clearly you underestimate me. Ask any of my friends and family about my last minute excursions. I'm the guy who randomly decided at 9:30 pm to drive to a New York, just so I could take somebody to a White Castle for the first time. Last week I rode from my house to Harrisburg. When did I decide to do it? About lunch time - THAT DAY. If you learn anything about me as you get to know me, it will probably be that I'm nuttier than squirrel turds in a pistachio factory.
You fit in quite well in Reading. I suppose next you'll confess you are the subject of a Taylor Swift song. :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 01:37 AM   #9
Sayre Kulp 
Bulky Bullet
 
Sayre Kulp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
HUH!?! You rode a century spur of the moment and didn't tell us here?!? For shame!
Not a century - I only rode TO Harrisburg. I would've had to ride home to make the century mark. Next time, I'll actually plan for it. Leave after breakfast instead of after lunch, and NOT get lost and end up 8 miles out of my way. THEN I'll get the century in!
__________________
"Obstacles don't like me very much. I make them look bad."
Sayre Kulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 01:37 AM   #10
Sayre Kulp 
Bulky Bullet
 
Sayre Kulp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
You fit in quite well in Reading. I suppose next you'll confess you are the subject of a Taylor Swift song. :-)
Who?
__________________
"Obstacles don't like me very much. I make them look bad."
Sayre Kulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 03:52 PM   #11
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetrane2028 View Post
I was in Tioga about a month ago, beautiful area. If it works out, I'll let you know... but I'm not sure I'll be up to drive 3-4 hours to ride a few to drive again.
I'll look forward to you and Sayrekulp joining me, if you are able.

BTW, nice avatar photo. :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 10:09 AM   #12
Neil_B
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
I'll be on vacation up in the PA Wilds section of the state next month. Anyone want to meet for a ride? I'm planning on riding the Williamsport Bike Trail on the 8th, and on the Pine Creek Rail Trail on the 9th. I'll also be in the Pine Creek Gorge area for a couple of days after then.

Anyone who wants to join me for a short hike is also welcome. I want to hike up to overlooks in Little Pine State Park, on Mount Tom and Gillespie Point, and along the West Rim Trail. It's no more than a few miles for each.
Bump.

Five days until I head out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:00 PM.