Hello all, i would have posted this in my other thread but it was kind of a dud. So I live in Las Vegas and pretty much all the riding i do is with traffic. I watched a couple of videos on riding in traffic and had some questions for experienced riders...
1. does anyone else find the feeling of taking a whole lane kinda unnerving
2. How do you decide when you need to take a lane
3. Do you eventually get more comfortable riding with vehicles or is it the paranoia that keeps you alive and on your toes (not getting complacent)
4. When someone flys by you in the lane when they obviously dont have room to pass and you come up to them at the next red light is it natural to want to knock the mirror off of the side of the car and beat their windows out
5. The ride i take in the morning is about 5 miles up a hill starting at 1% and the last 2 miles are 3% when i turn around to come home i can't pedal fast enough to even tension the chain i feel like half the ride is useless
6. The saddle that came on the bike is a specialized toupe 155 (170 $ new) it looks like a piece of plywood and feels like one too. I got riding shorts but i think I'm gonna need a new seat should I sell it or hold on to it for after i lose weight.
Thanks in advance for all of your guys time its very much appreciated.