Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-10, 07:31 PM   #1
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A Lil Mo Climbing........Vid & Pics

Ran into a first timer on GMR, Cal Lost 85 lbs and now giving it a whirl on GMR. New cyclist, not sure if he made it or not but who cares, 85 lbs? Wow! Stacey is the lady riding by claiming to be goofy. Could be but she's up there haha! Poor Hillbasher, a week vacation and lastnight was his first night back at work. He insisted on riding GMR this morning. Crazy, I myself would have went straight home to bed. Just another nice day on GMR.









Stacey






Some question the authenticity of HB's Brooks saddle, yes it's real!



Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 08-13-10 at 08:52 AM.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 11:13 PM   #2
whitecat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Excellent taste in music, as always I just love that style of rock. What is the name of that song you used here? And the ride looked just fine! Ah reminds me of my local mountains, the sheer joy of grinding it up slowly

Keep up doing these videos, they are an inspiration and make me want to ride more and more. And I completely understand Hillbasher, a good ride always takes priority over sleeping. Anyway, I always tend to sleep better after a good ride, I'd reckon most of us do. Keep cranking!
whitecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 08:47 AM   #3
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
Excellent taste in music, as always I just love that style of rock. What is the name of that song you used here? And the ride looked just fine! Ah reminds me of my local mountains, the sheer joy of grinding it up slowly

Keep up doing these videos, they are an inspiration and make me want to ride more and more. And I completely understand Hillbasher, a good ride always takes priority over sleeping. Anyway, I always tend to sleep better after a good ride, I'd reckon most of us do. Keep cranking!

Thanks! The band is Kansas, name of the song is "Carry On Wayward Son". Man, I'm getting old, this stuff was out in my highschool days, late 70's.

Also had hits "Dust in he Wind", Point of Know Return" and "Fight Fire with Fire" and few others not so popular.

Yes, Hillbasher is crazy and if you agree with his philosophy ride over sleep, you must be crazy too! I prefer the pillow!






I used "Dust in the Wind" back in a March video.


Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 08-13-10 at 06:07 PM.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 10:17 PM   #4
sinclac
Week Day Commuter.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Highlands, Ca
Bikes: 2015 FUJI Roubaix 1.0 LE 2011 Trek PDX
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Love the vids and the tunes reminds me of high school.
sinclac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 10:34 PM   #5
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclac View Post
Love the vids and the tunes reminds me of high school.
Thanks! Highschool? Sheesh, 30 year reunion this year!
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 10:50 PM   #6
sinclac
Week Day Commuter.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Highlands, Ca
Bikes: 2015 FUJI Roubaix 1.0 LE 2011 Trek PDX
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are getting on in years aren't we.

Just an idea how about Stair way to heaven on one of your videos?
sinclac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 10:57 PM   #7
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclac View Post
We are getting on in years aren't we.

Just an idea how about Stair way to heaven on one of your videos?
Only certain songs are allowed on youtube, copyrigth issues. Believe me, that one has been requested along with a few other Zep songs. Youtube disables the sound on the forbidden songs, which means voices and all!

I have to search the song on YT or test a clip of eveysong before using on YT!

along with love performances, like Do You Feel Like I do and other live tracks I've tried, don't work on YT.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 04:20 AM   #8
whitecat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
Thanks! The band is Kansas, name of the song is "Carry On Wayward Son". Man, I'm getting old, this stuff was out in my highschool days, late 70's.

Also had hits "Dust in he Wind", Point of Know Return" and "Fight Fire with Fire" and few others not so popular.

Yes, Hillbasher is crazy and if you agree with his philosophy ride over sleep, you must be crazy too! I prefer the pillow!






I used "Dust in the Wind" back in a March video.

It is a nice song! Anyway much better to listen to classics then to this nonsense they make today, it's not even music anymore. Maybe you could use a few other less known tunes and make them known at least to us here at bf Sure wouldn't mind if they are as good as everything you used this far.

But why crazy It's a simple matter loving hills and the pain they bring haha But my favorite part really is the downhill. The local hill I like to drop off sometimes, is like about 3300 ft of elevation or so near the top. It makes for a fast ride down! And take in consideration, I do not ride a swift road bike, oh no, it's an mtb with slicks! So it makes it even harder
whitecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 04:21 AM   #9
whitecat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
Only certain songs are allowed on youtube, copyrigth issues. Believe me, that one has been requested along with a few other Zep songs. Youtube disables the sound on the forbidden songs, which means voices and all!

I have to search the song on YT or test a clip of eveysong before using on YT!

along with love performances, like Do You Feel Like I do and other live tracks I've tried, don't work on YT.
About that, I think Vimeo doesn't have that problem, you could always try posting your video there and see how it goes.
whitecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 08:18 AM   #10
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
About that, I think Vimeo doesn't have that problem, you could always try posting your video there and see how it goes.


Thanks, I'll try that see if the songs work on vimeo. Just about every song I use is from the 70-80's so far. But the songs above, wow, they were super popular, even today lots of people know them. I'm not sure if I'd consider them less popular, old yeah but not less popular. But you are correct, today's music is not music like it used to be.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 08:36 AM   #11
jr59
Senior Member
 
jr59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: the 904, Jax fl
Bikes:
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DRATT! I wanted to watch Mr Beanz use his 120 rpm up the hill.

Great vid, I do so enjoy them.
jr59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 08:38 AM   #12
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
DRATT! I wanted to watch Mr Beanz use his 120 rpm up the hill.

Great vid, I do so enjoy them.
Thanks! Yes, 120, Homey doesn't know what he's talking about, I climb at 120, sometimes 140 when I'm in a hurry!
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 02:55 PM   #13
whitecat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm back today, and just to add a little bit of spam to your thread Kidding aside, just wanted to chime in - 35 miles today, and 2973 ft of climbing. I could have as well climbed a wall on some places, it's so steep granny gear barely works. So my mission for today is done, if you are interested I have some photos I could post
whitecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 06:06 PM   #14
mduggan
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Bikes: Bianchi Alfana and Gary Fisher Tassajara
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awesome video, really gets me motivated to get out there and enjoy the scenery. Have been thinking about videoing some of the rides I'm on but not sure what the best way to do it is. How did you take these? Appreciate your assistance.
mduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 09:43 PM   #15
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
So I'm back today, and just to add a little bit of spam to your thread Kidding aside, just wanted to chime in - 35 miles today, and 2973 ft of climbing. I could have as well climbed a wall on some places, it's so steep granny gear barely works. So my mission for today is done, if you are interested I have some photos I could post
Yes, post em! Ride reports with pics are always cool!

I use a FLIP video recorder, then post on youtube, link to forums.

Flip has al the edit software built into the camera. To use music, one must use mp3 files. I convert all my cd music into mp3 with a free online rip program.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 PM.