Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   Finally took a picture of my bike (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/690417-finally-took-picture-my-bike.html)

bbeasley 10-25-10 05:26 PM

Finally took a picture of my bike
 
Nice weather down here now so out comes the camera.

http://bobbeasley.com/images/full.jpg

CraigB 10-25-10 06:13 PM

That's a bbeautiful bbike, bbeasley.

;)

Daspydyr 10-25-10 07:27 PM

Pretty bike, nice setting. Good set up for the photo. I bet you have a nice camera as well.

jboyd 10-25-10 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigB (Post 11678635)
That's a bbeautiful bbike, bbeasley.;)

CraigB is making fffun of bb...bbeasley. Dude, that ain't fffunny! :lol:

magohn 10-25-10 08:59 PM

V. pretty - pardon my ignorance, but whats the inner circle on the back wheel for?

redvespablur 10-25-10 09:48 PM

Nice! What is the hamster wheel thing?

bbeasley 10-25-10 09:50 PM

TThanks guys!:lol:

The black wheel is a ring of magnets that drive a generator for my lights. I commute on this one.

cyclokitty 10-25-10 10:32 PM

O.O lovely bike! The rear wheel generator is a great idea. You are your own power station. Awesome stuff!

Neil_B 10-26-10 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbeasley (Post 11678315)
Nice weather down here now so out comes the camera.

http://bobbeasley.com/images/full.jpg

Very nice. And I like the generator.

MrClyde 10-26-10 07:57 AM

Nice bike!

RichardGlover 10-26-10 08:06 AM

Very nice! I was looking at those magnetic generators just a few hours ago. How do you like it? How fast can you ride without overriding your visibility?

bbeasley 10-26-10 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardGlover (Post 11681565)
Very nice! I was looking at those magnetic generators just a few hours ago. How do you like it? How fast can you ride without overriding your visibility?

Thanks Richard!

Before I answer the question, I want to give you the back story on how I ended up with the light. My daughter and her husband are both college students in New Orleans. They both commute by bike and are nearly car free. They got me back into cycling after 30 years of cars and keyboards (notice it's not really my fault :)) nearly ruined my health. Their number one complaint has been bike lights/batteries/recharging. I sought out and bought the light system you see on my bike as a test for them. Since that time, I've become the US distributor for this product.

As expected, I've got them on all my family members bikes.

Now with the disclaimer/shameless self promotion out of the way. I'm a Clyde of the short and fat variety 5'8" 233lbs. I've been riding 7 weeks and average about 80 miles per week. My first attempt at the "Clyde 20" was 14.6 MPH (fast for me). At night, I have no problem with visibility at the speeds I ride. I realize most cyclists ride much faster than I do and I need to toughen up and do some higher speed night ride testing.

andgott 10-26-10 10:38 AM

Nice ride....

malux 10-26-10 12:09 PM

nice bike! I love the colors. just noticed something ( I could be wrong), shouldn't the wheel lock be parallel to the fork on the front?

gunner65 10-26-10 01:02 PM

If you are the US distributor give us a link man!!!! Stop holding out on us!!!

By the way I have the Trek 1600 which is the older version of your bike and I love it!

clyde94306 10-26-10 01:13 PM

Very nice ride! Great photo! What is the name of the generator? I'd like to get some more information!

exile 10-26-10 01:21 PM

Definitely give us more information about the light. That's a nice bike nonetheless.

MNRon 10-26-10 02:42 PM

Me too... I need more info on that light/generator setup.

kansastdi 10-26-10 03:28 PM

Search the term: Magtenlight

bbeasley 10-26-10 05:03 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the nice words on the bike and the interest in the light kit. Here is a video about the light.

http://www.vimeo.com/10122458

I didn't make this video but it's an accurate representation of the product. The light kit can be this easy to install on just the right bike. But while the installation is not difficult and it does not require special tools it can be a bit frustrating if not done with a degree of precision. Once installed correctly I've had no problems with the system.

I'm working with the Manufacturer, the MagtenLight Company, to enhance the installation options and launch it in the US market.

I've got Approx 500 miles on my bike with the light and I should be able to answer your questions. This is assuming it's okay with BF to have this discussion here.

I'll have a site up soon with all the information you would expect.

Tonight I'm going to make my second pass at the Clyde 20. This time I'll be riding at night so I can answer the earlier post about speed and visibility.

bbeasley 10-26-10 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardGlover (Post 11681565)
Very nice! I was looking at those magnetic generators just a few hours ago. How do you like it? How fast can you ride without overriding your visibility?

I went out tonight to take another shot at the Clyde 20. Up to 16 MPH I was fine. Over that I was not completely comfortable.

CraigB 10-26-10 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malux (Post 11683122)
just noticed something ( I could be wrong), shouldn't the wheel lock be parallel to the fork on the front?

As long as it's not pointed forward, where it could snag on something, it should be fine. I tend to tuck my front one up behind the fork blade, and fold the back one forward into the angle formed between the stays (as long as it's curved enough to keep the end inboard of the plane formed by the stays). I also like having the extra leverage that's available when you're near the fork blade or the stays - it lets you get it a little more snug. All in all, though, it's kind of a personal preference sort of thing, IMO.

Jefffred05 10-27-10 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbeasley (Post 11684845)
Guys,

Thanks for the nice words on the bike and the interest in the light kit. Here is a video about the light.

http://www.vimeo.com/10122458

I didn't make this video but it's an accurate representation of the product. The light kit can be this easy to install on just the right bike. But while the installation is not difficult and it does not require special tools it can be a bit frustrating if not done with a degree of precision. Once installed correctly I've had no problems with the system.

I'm working with the Manufacturer, the MagtenLight Company, to enhance the installation options and launch it in the US market.

I've got Approx 500 miles on my bike with the light and I should be able to answer your questions. This is assuming it's okay with BF to have this discussion here.

I'll have a site up soon with all the information you would expect.

Tonight I'm going to make my second pass at the Clyde 20. This time I'll be riding at night so I can answer the earlier post about speed and visibility.



From a marketing point of view, you might want to have them put a helmet on the kid when their talking about a Dad's concern for the safety of his children. Also use parent instead of dad. No need to give mom's a reason to feel alienated.

sw686blue 10-27-10 09:02 AM

Beautiful bike and congratulations! I was going to get the 2.3 also, but I found that the Giant TCR fit me better.

malux 10-27-10 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigB (Post 11685817)
As long as it's not pointed forward, where it could snag on something, it should be fine. I tend to tuck my front one up behind the fork blade, and fold the back one forward into the angle formed between the stays (as long as it's curved enough to keep the end inboard of the plane formed by the stays). I also like having the extra leverage that's available when you're near the fork blade or the stays - it lets you get it a little more snug. All in all, though, it's kind of a personal preference sort of thing, IMO.

thanks for the response on that one, wasn't sure. I keep my front one pointed up, it's all good :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.