Starlight, Starbright, did you shine on any Clydes tonight?
Went on my first moonlit ride tonight on quiet roads. With the early dark-nights having me riding under the stars tonight, I really noticed some differences from my usual daytime rides.
1. You REALLY need a bright light that lights up the road. I'm using a Cree flashlight and was very impressed - lit up the road quite well and only $13. Uses 1 AA battery and last 1+ hour.
2. Its much harder psychologically as you dont "see" the gentle hills until you feel your legs begin to get heavier.
3. Car headlights on a ink-dark road are quite blinding.
4. Get used to riding over roadkill that you dont see until much too late.
5. Dont get too reliant on the computer as when its dark, you cant see it!
6. 2mph slower than my usual daytime run.
Just some of the points I noticed tonight on the ride. Sure was pretty though, the moon was out and other than the odd car, it was VERY quiet/peaceful out...
Anyone recommend CHEAP nigthtime glasses that cut out car headlight glare?