Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 90 of 90
  1. #76
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    2. I posted the new one in existing threads instead of creating a new thread. I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread every time I make a video.
    3. This one is almost 15 minutes long. Probably should have been less than 10 minutes, but there was so much good suffering in there I hated to cut it out
    1) You know my connections now. If I post continue to post your videos for you, I will get questioned as to why. I can only post so much before my wife receives letters in the mail claiming that I'm having an affair haha! Laugh but it's true! But sad!

    2) Why not? That is what the forums are for, show your stuff! If you start a new thread with a new video, it's new. Some people may disagree but look back, how many "what tire?" threads are posted with the same answers? If we all went by threads that weren't repeats, the forums would consist of 5 threads in every forum.

    3) 15 minutes long. I myself try not to post the same material for to long. I try to inlcude new people etc. Saturday's video was almost the same as evey other so I did a 2 minute song then posted the interview material. Now if you post a shot of yourself climbing, something new, it would capture attention of the others IMO. Or merely place in a few still shot pictures. But as mentioned before, I think the long run time discourages viewers. If it weren't for the interviews, my ride vids would be about 4 minutes, and even that may be too much for some if the material isn't different or new. I actually started posting 2 vids, one interviews and one ride video but other posters requested they be combined.

    Plus I myself only like so much raw footage. Not going into the debate, but I'm sure some agree and some don't.

    But again, these are just my opinions.

  2. #77
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    1) You know my connections now. If I post continue to post your videos for you, I will get questioned as to why. I can only post so much before my wife receives letters in the mail claiming that I'm having an affair haha! Laugh but it's true! But sad!

    2) Why not? That is what the forums are for, show your stuff! If you start a new thread with a new video, it's new. Some people may disagree but look back, how many "what tire?" threads are posted with the same answers? If we all went by threads that weren't repeats, the forums would consist of 5 threads in every forum.

    3) 15 minutes long. I myself try not to post the same material for to long. I try to inlcude new people etc. Saturday's video was almost the same as evey other so I did a 2 minute song then posted the interview material. Now if you post a shot of yourself climbing, something new, it would capture attention of the others IMO. Or merely place in a few still shot pictures. But as mentioned before, I think the long run time discourages viewers. If it weren't for the interviews, my ride vids would be about 4 minutes, and even that may be too much for some if the material isn't different or new. I actually started posting 2 vids, one interviews and one ride video but other posters requested they be combined.

    Plus I myself only like so much raw footage. Not going into the debate, but I'm sure some agree and some don't.

    But again, these are just my opinions.
    Oh I'm not saying you should continue to post stuff for me. I'm just saying that the fact that it was you posting my video (and not someone else who is less popular) made the view count go up.

    I can't include ANY people. None of my friends are cyclists, and like I told Tony earlier in this thread, I hate the sound of my voice so I don't talk on my videos.

    I doubt I'm going to post anything else anytime soon unless people want me to. The only thing I may consider is a really steep climb once the weight is all gone. It will be well under 10 minutes long.

  3. #78
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,944
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    1) You know my connections now. If I post continue to post your videos for you, I will get questioned as to why. I can only post so much before my wife receives letters in the mail claiming that I'm having an affair haha! Laugh but it's true! But sad!

    2) Why not? That is what the forums are for, show your stuff! If you start a new thread with a new video, it's new. Some people may disagree but look back, how many "what tire?" threads are posted with the same answers? If we all went by threads that weren't repeats, the forums would consist of 5 threads in every forum.

    3) 15 minutes long. I myself try not to post the same material for to long. I try to inlcude new people etc. Saturday's video was almost the same as evey other so I did a 2 minute song then posted the interview material. Now if you post a shot of yourself climbing, something new, it would capture attention of the others IMO. Or merely place in a few still shot pictures. But as mentioned before, I think the long run time discourages viewers. If it weren't for the interviews, my ride vids would be about 4 minutes, and even that may be too much for some if the material isn't different or new. I actually started posting 2 vids, one interviews and one ride video but other posters requested they be combined.

    Plus I myself only like so much raw footage. Not going into the debate, but I'm sure some agree and some don't.

    But again, these are just my opinions.
    There is another reason for keeping videos shorter, the Internet is international and some countries have usage limits or metered usage, so some people will not watch longer videos. There is also the time element, some people don't have a lot of time to watch videos. I'll watch videos that are under 5 minutes, more then 5 minutes and under 10 it has to be something interesting, more then 10 and I generally don't bother. As for raw footage, more then a couple of minutes of someone panting and the SO is going to wonder if I've started watching a p*rno......

  4. #79
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    I can't include ANY people. None of my friends are cyclists, and like I told Tony earlier in this thread, I hate the sound of my voice so I don't talk on my videos..
    Oh, I didn't mean that you HAD to add other people. I just think the viewers are interested in seeing other people and riders. If it's not possible, no problem, I was just using it as an example of how and what to add to the vids.

    I saw what you posted to Tony but honeslty, like your first climb video, you put yourself out there so they watched. If you use your voice, it will ADD to the video. Honestly, I hate the sound of my voice. I sutter, mutter and use oh ok, oh ok I don't know how many times I say it in 30 seconds haha. I'm no professional speaker but somebody's got to say something, nobody else is and I don't claim to be a pro announcer, I don't even try. If people don't like my voice, don't watch but it is more than what most people are putting up to entertain the others in the forum. One of the things I don't undrstand, people are so quick to criticize but lack the courage that we that post have.

    Think about it, some people like women with deep voices, some don't, why sweat it? Back in the day, it was considered very sexy. And the only way to find out if people want to see your material is to post it. Not many are going to ask you for it. Like myh videos, some get far more views that others. Not every vidoe is liked by everyone. Even myself, I think some are cool and some are boring but I do it cause I want to make a video not cause others are asking for them. I just throw them out there to see if they get viewed.

    I myself make a video every so often that I think "wow, I like that one" but it's far and few. I often consider discontinuing production but when I do, that's when people come up and say, wow, that's really cool what you do". More in person but many times in a PM.

    Nobody can force you to make them but you'd be surprised at the number of people that appreciate them eventhoug you won't know. How many won't go out and climb so they like the vids. Some don't have a chance to ride, some are injured, some have health problems. I've been shocked many times by very nice comments. One guy lost his mother and was on a downer when he thanked me for posting the vidoes. Said it showed him that there were still things to brighten up his future as the present was so stale at the moment.

    Funny cause that came at a time I was ready to give up posting the vids. Look at the thread I post, nobody commebts but every year, 25,000 views.

  5. #80
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogsterca View Post
    There is also the time element, some people don't have a lot of time to watch videos. I'll watch videos that are under 5 minutes, more then 5 minutes and under 10 it has to be something interesting, more then 10 and I generally don't bother.
    I myself haven't made one over 10 minutes. More than 7 minutes and I start worrying that it won't be watched at all. 4 minutes is short and sweet but I add interviews so that adds time to my vids. I don't feel right using 1 1/2 minutes of a song so I try to fit it or I don't use one.

  6. #81
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean that you HAD to add other people. I just think the viewers are interested in seeing other people and riders. If it's not possible, no problem, I was just using it as an example of how and what to add to the vids.

    I saw what you posted to Tony but honeslty, like your first climb video, you put yourself out there so they watched. If you use your voice, it will ADD to the video. Honestly, I hate the sound of my voice. I sutter, mutter and use oh ok, oh ok I don't know how many times I say it in 30 seconds haha. I'm no professional speaker but somebody's got to say something, nobody else is and I don't claim to be a pro announcer, I don't even try. If people don't like my voice, don't watch but it is more than what most people are putting up to entertain the others in the forum. One of the things I don't undrstand, people are so quick to criticize but lack the courage that we that post have.

    Think about it, some people like women with deep voices, some don't, why sweat it? Back in the day, it was considered very sexy. And the only way to find out if people want to see your material is to post it. Not many are going to ask you for it. Like myh videos, some get far more views that others. Not every vidoe is liked by everyone. Even myself, I think some are cool and some are boring but I do it cause I want to make a video not cause others are asking for them. I just throw them out there to see if they get viewed.

    I myself make a video every so often that I think "wow, I like that one" but it's far and few. I often consider discontinuing production but when I do, that's when people come up and say, wow, that's really cool what you do". More in person but many times in a PM.

    Nobody can force you to make them but you'd be surprised at the number of people that appreciate them eventhoug you won't know. How many won't go out and climb so they like the vids. Some don't have a chance to ride, some are injured, some have health problems. I've been shocked many times by very nice comments. One guy lost his mother and was on a downer when he thanked me for posting the vidoes. Said it showed him that there were still things to brighten up his future as the present was so stale at the moment.

    Funny cause that came at a time I was ready to give up posting the vids. Look at the thread I post, nobody commebts but every year, 25,000 views.
    The problem with my voice is that 99% of the time I call a business on the phone, I get called "sir". It drives me nuts I've even politely corrected the person on the other end of the line and they call me "sir" a second time. The new record, set last week, is 3 @#$% TIMES! How dense can someone be?!?

    So, you can see where I'm going with this. If I speak on my videos and I don't sound "feminine" enough, the lesbian stereotypes will start up again. Worse, I could have people calling BS on me even being a female. I don't need people thinking I'm a man because of my deep voice. At least the heavy breathing on the climb video is unmistakeably female Which is another reason I don't give a rat's ass if it "sounds like porn". It's better than being called derogatory, bigoted names any day of the week.

    I don't want to put a video out there that hardly anybody watches, so I'm gonna take the lessons I learned from this last sad attempt and apply them to any future videos.

    At least your voice sounds like a normal man's voice. There's nothing wrong with your voice. If there was you couldn't have done that video of you singing. That sounded good

  7. #82
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    I don't want to put a video out there that hardly anybody watches, so I'm gonna take the lessons I learned from this last sad attempt and apply them to any future videos.

    At least your voice sounds like a normal man's voice. There's nothing wrong with your voice. If there was you couldn't have done that video of you singing. That sounded good
    One, it wasn't a sad attempt. You just can't expect every video to be a hit. I have 150 plus and some only have 25 views. But someone like it, even if it's only the people in it, somebody was happy. Your attempt was far better than the nothing posted by 90% of the people on the total population of all cycling forums.

    Two, that's not my voice in my videos, it's Gina!

    Really, Most 95% of the people on this site have been very respectful. In this forum? 100% with my posting here!..Heck, give it a try here, if it doesn't work, it stays here. Some stuff I only post here due the consideration and sense of humor the clydes show in this forum.

  8. #83
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    One, it wasn't a sad attempt. You just can't expect every video to be a hit. I have 150 plus and some only have 25 views. But someone like it, even if it's only the people in it, somebody was happy. Your attempt was far better than the nothing posted by 90% of the people on the total population of all cycling forums.
    Thank you Unfortunately it is gone now. I removed it after realizing that the length was probably the biggest reason for the low views.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Two, that's not my voice in my videos, it's Gina!
    Hahaha! Good one

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Really, Most 95% of the people on this site have been very respectful. In this forum? 100% with my posting here!..Heck, give it a try here, if it doesn't work, it stays here. Some stuff I only post here due the consideration and sense of humor the clydes show in this forum.
    I'm not too worried about this forum. I agree, they have been very supportive It's the rest of the internet I'm concerned about. Maybe I can raise my voice just enough to not be mistaken for a man, but not so much that it sounds fake

  9. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North West South Carolina
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ft, what's a kittyz?

  10. #85
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony N. View Post
    ft, what's a kittyz?
    Kitty. I love cats, so I put "kitty" in the username.

  11. #86
    Senior Member iforgotmename's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say you keep posting them freight...I'll watch as will a lot of others. Don't worry if you get comments and don't feel self conscious. I have received comments that range from people liking the vids to one guy telling me that the music was ridiculous. Guess he hates the deftones Maybe just edit them a little bit. The vids I make are edited down from hours of me just riding around. Not all vids are for all people, just click on the link in my sig and I am sure that you won't like all of my vids. Keep posting

  12. #87
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmename View Post
    I say you keep posting them freight...I'll watch as will a lot of others. Don't worry if you get comments and don't feel self conscious. I have received comments that range from people liking the vids to one guy telling me that the music was ridiculous. Guess he hates the deftones Maybe just edit them a little bit. The vids I make are edited down from hours of me just riding around. Not all vids are for all people, just click on the link in my sig and I am sure that you won't like all of my vids. Keep posting
    Thanks I definitely will make them shorter. I haven't received any negative comments, but I was extremely disappointed in how the last one came out because of the rattling noise, me slowing down near the end of the hard part on the last climb due to the pain, and the fact that I goofed by making it way too long.

    The next climbing ride I do will be in an area with silky smooth roads, so it should be much better quality.

  13. #88
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    For those who wanted to see what I look like climbing...

    ..Here ya go. I dug up a short clip from last September of me climbing and descending in Lake Tahoe. I'm wearing my usual baggy clothing to cover up my fat ass My good friend mrRhwalden (his YouTube name) took all the video. I edited the clips together. Thanks to the buggy Magix Movie Edit Pro software (needed to edit the .mov files from his camera), there is one clip with no audio. Luckily it's one that would have been nothing but wind noise, so no biggy. You can hear me talking to him a couple times. No heavy breathing though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaR70lTtIl0
    Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 03-18-11 at 07:15 PM.

  14. #89
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    ..Here ya go. I dug up a short clip from last September of me climbing and descending in Lake Tahoe. I'm wearing my usual baggy clothing to cover up my fat ass My good friend mrRhwalden (his YouTube name) took all the video. I edited the clips together. Thanks to the buggy Magix Movie Edit Pro software (needed to edit the .mov files from his camera), there is one clip with no audio. Luckily it's one that would have been nothing but wind noise, so no biggy. You can hear me talking to him a couple times. No heavy breathing though
    See, now that should be posted in it's own thread. A little something different and people want to see people. Especially now that you said you don't like your voice, people will want to hear you haha! It's the Madonna syndrome, you brought up a few points earlier to interest people, now they will watch cause you captured their attention.


    Your voice aint bad. If people do make fun of your voice, it's cause they are trolls and have nothing better to do or post. I've done a little Mr Beanz style research and have found some very interesting things.

  15. #90
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    See, now that should be posted in it's own thread. A little something different and people want to see people. Especially now that you said you don't like your voice, people will want to hear you haha! It's the Madonna syndrome, you brought up a few points earlier to interest people, now they will watch cause you captured their attention.


    Your voice aint bad. If people do make fun of your voice, it's cause they are trolls and have nothing better to do or post. I've done a little Mr Beanz style research and have found some very interesting things.
    Yeah, you're right. I'll put it in its own thread in this forum. I wouldn't be caught dead posting in the skinny people forum. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about

    Would like to hear more of your "Mr. Beanz style research" findings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •