Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   Friday MTB Ride 02/25/11 (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/715948-friday-mtb-ride-02-25-11-a.html)

Mr. Beanz 02-25-11 05:19 PM

Friday MTB Ride 02/25/11
 
Nice ride up Marshall Canyon, my first time on this trail and one like it. Twenty something water crossing and lots of little tight tricky turns on the way up. I was doing alright till my chain started locking up. Eyemage figures it was from gunk and stuff gathered in and after the water crossings.

Minor also hit the trail with us and like he said, the bike is a mess after this type of a ride haha!


http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...me/022511a.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...me/022511b.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...me/022511c.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...me/022511d.jpg

Bottom 3 pics compliments of Eyemage

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...pxtreme/M1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...pxtreme/B2.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...pxtreme/B1.jpg

velocycling 02-25-11 07:08 PM

Beanz playin' some Boston.
Hope to be playin' with my new MTB this Sunday for the first time.

jboyd 02-25-11 09:59 PM

Now you are riding my kinda ride. Beanz, That was a great video. I love the surreal misty look of the day.

I went by the shop today and dropped off my Azonic 420's and Ergon GX1's to be installed on the new bike. Still nursing the 4" incision in my tummy and decided to leave it for another week. I plan on rides like yours very soon.

I did take a first pic of the new ride though.
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...1/IMG_1018.jpg

Mr. Beanz 02-26-11 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocycling (Post 12280832)
Beanz playin' some Boston.
Hope to be playin' with my new MTB this Sunday for the first time.

Oh Yeah! Back in Highscool, Boston was my thang!:D

Ahhh, the new bike smell!:thumb:

Mr. Beanz 02-26-11 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboyd (Post 12281556)
Now you are riding my kinda ride. Beanz, That was a great video. I love the surreal misty look of the day.

I went by the shop today and dropped off my Azonic 420's and Ergon GX1's to be installed on the new bike. Still nursing the 4" incision in my tummy and decided to leave it for another week. I plan on rides like yours very soon.

I did take a first pic of the new ride though.
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...1/IMG_1018.jpg

Thanks! The higher we climbed the mistier it got, eventually turned to light rain so we headed back. Plus one of the dudes had to be to work at 10.

Wow, nice bike! I'd be happy! :thumb:.......also a 29'er? I think Im the only dude with a 26'er nowadays.:p

iforgotmename 02-26-11 11:18 AM

Great vid Beanz. I can't wait for a thaw around here so I can hit the trails.

Mr. Beanz 02-26-11 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iforgotmename (Post 12282998)
Great vid Beanz. I can't wait for a thaw around here so I can hit the trails.

Thanks! I bet you are one heck of a mountain biker after all the skill practice of riding in the snow.:D

DX-MAN 02-26-11 12:20 PM

Nice vid, and sweet ride, Beanz! I'd love to take my daughter on that ride -- she's a two-wheel BEAST, sometimes! (I give it about three more years -- if she stays with it -- and she's gonna be shamin' the old man!) That's the kind of stuff we look for -- not the high-flying stuff, I get about a foot of air, and that's it.

The way Mr. Weatherman is talking, I may have some decent riding conditions for my vacation, the week after next, so I'm already on pins and needles (and the joy of the ride in your vid didn't ease it any, LOL!).

Keep the dirt clods (and, yes, mud) flyin'!

Mr. Beanz 02-26-11 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-MAN (Post 12283216)
Nice vid, and sweet ride, Beanz! I'd love to take my daughter on that ride -- she's a two-wheel BEAST, sometimes! (I give it about three more years -- if she stays with it -- and she's gonna be shamin' the old man!) That's the kind of stuff we look for -- not the high-flying stuff, I get about a foot of air, and that's it.

The way Mr. Weatherman is talking, I may have some decent riding conditions for my vacation, the week after next, so I'm already on pins and needles (and the joy of the ride in your vid didn't ease it any, LOL!).

Keep the dirt clods (and, yes, mud) flyin'!

Cool! Yeah, keep her riding, good for the soul!:D MY daughter could have spanked me on the bike if she had wanted to ride. We did some gym stuff. I was telling her to lift the cadence on our cardio cycles cause she wasn't working hard enough. I looked over at her computer so that I could pic out a numbr for her, she was about 20 rpm higher than I without even showing it.:eek: She's a natural when it comes to athletics.

Good luck with the weather .:thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 AM.