Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder County, CO
    My Bikes
    '89 66cm Cannondale 3.0, '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 JxL Cannondale R1000 Tandem, '86 Cannondale ST800 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs.
    Posts
    786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Clydesdale Cranks (Not Fat-Pony)

    daVinci a US maker of tandems, makes cranks, but although they start their range at 150mm, they stop on the long side at 180mm. Until now...

    daVinci is going to do a limited run of 200mm cranks. You can get Tandem-Captain's cranks, road double, road triple, whatever you want. However, regardless of what pedal threading or interchangeable spider you select, you can only get 200mm, not any custom size (205mm or 195mm).

    However, at $220 these are going to be a steal for custom long Tandem Captain's cranks, let alone road double/triple or mountain triple for 200mm.

    If interested visit the Serotta forum thread:

    daVinci 200mm Special Order Crank Thread

  2. #2
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,944
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbke View Post
    daVinci a US maker of tandems, makes cranks, but although they start their range at 150mm, they stop on the long side at 180mm. Until now...

    daVinci is going to do a limited run of 200mm cranks. You can get Tandem-Captain's cranks, road double, road triple, whatever you want. However, regardless of what pedal threading or interchangeable spider you select, you can only get 200mm, not any custom size (205mm or 195mm).

    However, at $220 these are going to be a steal for custom long Tandem Captain's cranks, let alone road double/triple or mountain triple for 200mm.

    If interested visit the Serotta forum thread:

    daVinci 200mm Special Order Crank Thread
    200mm cranks, those must be made for guys that are 6' 20" tall.....

  3. #3
    Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Posts
    9,053
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogsterca View Post
    200mm cranks, those must be made for guys that are 6' 20" tall.....
    LOL, I'm not sure my bottom bracket is high enough for these to clear the pavement.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Wogster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toronto (again) Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Posts
    6,944
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrettscv View Post
    LOL, I'm not sure my bottom bracket is high enough for these to clear the pavement.
    Your right, most BB's are around 10" or so, that's 254mm, so they might clear, but you would need to be extremely careful going around cor....

  5. #5
    Senior Member JohnA42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogsterca View Post
    200mm cranks, those must be made for guys that are 6' 20" tall.....
    Like George Washington?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •