Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: EZ MTB Pics

  1. #1
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    EZ MTB Pics

    A little bit of MTB today. Didn't want to do anything too extreme cause my legs are still sore from the jump rope. I usually do 2 loops on Claremont Hills no problem. Today I did one and that was enough. Well I did cruise the area for a while after the climb trying to stretch the legs. One loop of claremont is 5 miles but the first two is an 1800 ft gain. While warming up on the flat section, my calves were so stiff I was doing about 3 mph haha!

    Video footage nothing excting so I just extracted a couple stills and pics.








  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to see that you use bar ends also. In the '90s when I first got into mountain biking it seemed like everyone had them. Now they are much less common. I don't know why, as it is really nice to have the extra hand positions. I put them on my mtb and even my low-end Trek 7000 WSD comfort hybrid. I really like them for climbing (of course!)

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    It's good to see that you use bar ends also. In the '90s when I first got into mountain biking it seemed like everyone had them. Now they are much less common. I don't know why, as it is really nice to have the extra hand positions. I put them on my mtb and even my low-end Trek 7000 WSD comfort hybrid. I really like them for climbing (of course!)
    Oh yeah, when I'm climbing, I rarely hold the grips. I hold the BE's.

    I don't think I could climb some of the steep stuff without them. Like this (registered 24% on partner's Garmin)

    081909G by gulpxtreme, on Flickr



    Untitled by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

  4. #4
    Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Btw the Mohave desert and AREA 51
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Posts
    5,210
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your neighborhood. Great climbing, when are you riding Leadville?
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

    I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Oh yeah, when I'm climbing, I rarely hold the grips. I hold the BE's.

    I don't think I could climb some of the steep stuff without them. Like this (registered 24% on partner's Garmin)

    081909G by gulpxtreme, on Flickr



    Untitled by gulpxtreme, on Flickr
    Grimace I'd LOVE to climb that after the weight's gone. Would need a helmet cam for the video though, as mtb rides are way too rough for a handlebar cam

  6. #6
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daspydyr View Post
    I like your neighborhood. Great climbing, when are you riding Leadville?
    Great climbing! Leadville? As soon as I can beat Lance!

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    Grimace I'd LOVE to climb that after the weight's gone. Would need a helmet cam for the video though, as mtb rides are way too rough for a handlebar cam

    I've tried the helmet cam onthe MTB. OK on the climbs but very shakey on the dh. I'm not fast enough on the descent to make a good DH vid anyways.
    But the helmet cam does attract alot of attention.




  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    I've tried the helmet cam onthe MTB. OK on the climbs but very shakey on the dh. I'm not fast enough on the descent to make a good DH vid anyways.
    But the helmet cam does attract alot of attention.
    When are you going to make a raw helmet cam mtb video?

  9. #9
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    When are you going to make a raw helmet cam mtb video?
    I can't. Too many women on the trail and if Gina see's it, I'm toast! Kidding of course.

    Although once Eyemage and I did a ride where two pretty nice looking gals started talking dirty to me when they saw me taking pics. I just laughed and played it off cause Im not that type of guy. Good thing I didn't have the recorder yet, or is it?

    Yes, Gina knows about it. Keeps me in the nothing to hide status

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    I can't. Too many women on the trail and if Gina see's it, I'm toast! Kidding of course.

    Although once Eyemage and I did a ride where two pretty nice looking gals started talking dirty to me when they saw me taking pics. I just laughed and played it off cause Im not that type of guy. Good thing I didn't have the recorder yet, or is it?

    Yes, Gina knows about it. Keeps me in the nothing to hide status

  11. #11
    Senior Member iforgotmename's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't want to do anything too extreme cause my legs are still sore from the jump rope.


    Come on you're Mr. Beanz

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    I've tried the helmet cam onthe MTB. OK on the climbs but very shakey on the dh. I'm not fast enough on the descent to make a good DH vid anyways.
    But the helmet cam does attract alot of attention.
    Oh Beanz you sure got your share of looking at finest what nature has to offer Angelica is such a nice name, and it doesn't hurt shes hot

    Anyway, it is beautiful out there. If I ever had a reason to come over the big pond, this is going to be it. To ride those fabulous mountains. The quietness of the trail, coupled with natural beauty of the place and other natural beauties just calls out to come there
    Last edited by whitecat; 03-04-11 at 05:29 AM.

  13. #13
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmename View Post
    Didn't want to do anything too extreme cause my legs are still sore from the jump rope.


    Come on you're Mr. Beanz
    Yeah ..........but my legs hurt!

  14. #14
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
    Oh Beanz you sure got your share of looking at finest what nature has to offer Angelica is such a nice name, and it doesn't hurt shes hot

    Anyway, it is beautiful out there. If I ever had a reason to come over the big pond, this is going to be it. To ride those fabulous mountains. The quietness of the trail, coupled with natural beauty of the place and other natural beauties just calls out to come there
    If ya ever get the chance, this is the place to visit!

    Angelica, I think her personality made her even more hot. I've got Gina but if I didn't, I'd be sure to carry a recorder everywherre. It attracts lots of attention. I've ran into lots of guys that complain they can't meet women. But IMO, they are going a it all wrong trying to capture their attention with fancy shoes and handlebar tape!

    Most women I talked to in the vids, I don't say a thing, they ask, "is that a recorder?". Converstion striker. So that's a little tip for the sinlge guy!...Oh yeah, and learn how to dance.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Old ones.
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my bar ends for climbing too, and extra hand positions. Seems people have went to four foot long treecatchers.. I mean handlebars for leverage now, from what I read.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •