Thought I'd make a check-in thread. Anyone remember me? I've made a few posts over the past couple years, been doing a lot of lurking.
so, some stuff:
1) I joined Weight Watchers with the New Year Resolution crowd on January 4th, and finally got the kick that restarted a weight loss trend for me. BigPolishJimmy and I have been tracking our weight together for about 60 weeks now, and I was flatlined until I joined WW. They tweaked their system slightly last December (if anyone is interested in details, I'd be happy to talk about them) and it's working for me - 15 lbs since Jan 4th. I had joined WW about 10 years ago and had success then as well. Previous tools, such as Fitday or Daily Plate just didn't produce results.
2) Habitforge.com is a very interesting site designed to start or break habits. I've been using it to try to break a horrible "midnight snack" habit, and while I haven't gotten up to the 20 day point, it has helped. Check it out.
3) I just got back from a trip to Orlando (from southern Ontario), and it was sad to see the weather changing back to winter as we drove back north. Seriously, it was grayer, windier, and colder as soon as I crossed the bridge from Michigan. I am jealous of the Spring that is occurring down south.
4) So, I have at least a few more weeks of basement trainer. I've been using Sufferfest DVDs for when I want a hard interval training, and bike races for the steady aerobic base builder workouts. Milan-San Remo is ready to be burned, apparently it was a great race last weekend.
5) I signed up for a 100km ride (Tour de Grand) on June 15th. This will my first organized ride (third 100km ride) and I'm weirdly nervous about it.
I'm suffering from "vacation hangover". Hence this meandering post.