Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member slow chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    me and the gf went riding out by lake michigan the other day.

    took some pics I'd like to share





  2. #2
    already soaked perspiration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    My Bikes
    2011 Surly Crosscheck, 2014 Novara Randonee
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha awesome dude, you look ready for cyclocross...

    man, i miss living in the city just for that lake path. if you guys are ever feeling adventurous, ride it south to about 5500 S and look for this little place called Promontory Point...my favorite spot in the city. Far enough away from LSD that you can't hear the traffic and plenty of grass, picnic tables, and warm, flat rocks to nap on!
    If it's peace you find in dying, and if dying time is near,
    Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there!

  3. #3
    Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Posts
    8,959
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool pics! Looks like a lot of fun!
    "I had this baby hand made in Tuscany, from titanium blessed by the pope. It weighs less than a fart, and costs more than a divorce..."

  5. #5
    Senior Member slow chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perspiration View Post
    haha awesome dude, you look ready for cyclocross...

    man, i miss living in the city just for that lake path. if you guys are ever feeling adventurous, ride it south to about 5500 S and look for this little place called Promontory Point...my favorite spot in the city. Far enough away from LSD that you can't hear the traffic and plenty of grass, picnic tables, and warm, flat rocks to nap on!
    Sounds nice. We were on the beach in Kenosha, wi. Chicago is planned though

  6. #6
    Cactus Hobbit GeoBigJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc, Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Wildwood
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pics! That looks like such a fun day. She's a lucky girl to have a boyfriend who rides with her.

  8. #8
    already soaked perspiration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    My Bikes
    2011 Surly Crosscheck, 2014 Novara Randonee
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were on the beach in Kenosha, wi.
    d'oh, i clearly don't get out to other parts of the lake very often. though Chicago clearly is the best part of the lake
    If it's peace you find in dying, and if dying time is near,
    Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there!

  9. #9
    Senior Member slow chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    Beautiful pics! That looks like such a fun day. She's a lucky girl to have a boyfriend who rides with her.
    I think I'm the lucky one.. fixed my bikes outta boredom after not riding since 2005 and she wants to begin riding with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by perspiration View Post
    d'oh, i clearly don't get out to other parts of the lake very often. though Chicago clearly is the best part of the lake
    I've been wanting to ride the Lake Shore for some time now but with these "flash mob" garbage going on, I'm not so sure I wanna put my life at risk..

    http://www.suntimes.com/5842015-417/...they-form.html

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_872644.html

  10. #10
    Senior Member ill.clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    My Bikes
    2012 Kona Jake, 2009 Trek 1.2, 1997 Trek 6700
    Posts
    1,854
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With those bikes, come down here and ride the trails in Lake County

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Wish I could take an easy ride to the beach (I know its a Lake).

  12. #12
    Senior Member badgermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Allez Sport; 2010 Specialized Allez Steel Double, 2013 Specialized Tricross, 2013 Jamis Satellite Sport
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just north of you in Milwaukee if you ever want a riding partner!

  13. #13
    Senior Member ErickSaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Milwaukee as well, I try to get on the Hank Aaron a few times a week. I live right near the west end of the trail.

  14. #14
    Senior Member badgermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Allez Sport; 2010 Specialized Allez Steel Double, 2013 Specialized Tricross, 2013 Jamis Satellite Sport
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I'm probably not that far away from you. If you know where "Candy Cane Lane" is, I'm close by.

    Haven't done the Hank Aaron, have done the Bugline and more of the New Berlin. Want to try the new paved Lake Country trail.

  15. #15
    Senior Member ErickSaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup I know where that is. I live off 84th and greenfield, I can see the fairpark from my windows. Not familiar with any of those others or where they are. I only know the Hank Aaron and the one along the lake from the coast guard station south to grant park. Looks like chevy has a nice spot down there

  16. #16
    Senior Member CJ C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    Wally World Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser (with siily wicker front basket)
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slow chevy View Post
    I've been wanting to ride the Lake Shore for some time now but with these "flash mob" garbage going on, I'm not so sure I wanna put my life at risk.
    if your worried about saftey, the better ride anyway on the lakeshore is from grant park or roosevelt south to hyde park. less congestion and the northerly island paths has a more breathtaking view.

    you will loose out on the eyecandy and thats the real reason anyone takes the north part of the path.

  17. #17
    Senior Member slow chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ill.clyde View Post
    With those bikes, come down here and ride the trails in Lake County
    I live in Lindenhurst!

    Quote Originally Posted by badgermac View Post
    I'm just north of you in Milwaukee if you ever want a riding partner!
    My gf lives in Waukesha, so I'm up that way a lot anyways. I don't know that I could keep up though!!
    Eric - Owner - Vivid Reflections Auto Salon

    Bikes '91 Schwinn Mirada '95 Trek 830 '03 Mongoose Rockadile AL '09 Schwinn Point Beach

    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3058/sigcq.jpg

    Cars '00 Chevy Impala / White - "SLOW CHEVY"

  18. #18
    Senior Member ErickSaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing to it. When I ride with friends it's usually just kind on a leisurely ride. When I ride solo is when I push myself. I have a few friends that just like to cruise along and talk, I'm cool with that.

  19. #19
    Fat man in a little coat nixternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago NW Burbs
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.3 FX, Trek 1.2T
    Posts
    953
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slow chevy View Post
    I've been wanting to ride the Lake Shore for some time now but with these "flash mob" garbage going on, I'm not so sure I wanna put my life at risk..
    I must be the only idiot in River North/Streeterville looking for a "flash mob". Seems they only go after little whippets who they think they can strong arm. The last little whippet on the scooter got the better part of them. I keep riding the red line just hoping one of them goes for my empty wallet (cycling is expensive) or my Android (have fun with encryption & passwords foolz).

    Well, I am not doing all of that because I want to get in touch with them, I work in that area and use public transportation because my building sucks and won't let me park my Madone at my desk :/

  20. #20
    Senior Member slow chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nixternal View Post
    I must be the only idiot in River North/Streeterville looking for a "flash mob". Seems they only go after little whippets who they think they can strong arm. The last little whippet on the scooter got the better part of them. I keep riding the red line just hoping one of them goes for my empty wallet (cycling is expensive) or my Android (have fun with encryption & passwords foolz).

    Well, I am not doing all of that because I want to get in touch with them, I work in that area and use public transportation because my building sucks and won't let me park my Madone at my desk :/
    android FTMFW

    what kind do you have?
    Eric - Owner - Vivid Reflections Auto Salon

    Bikes '91 Schwinn Mirada '95 Trek 830 '03 Mongoose Rockadile AL '09 Schwinn Point Beach

    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3058/sigcq.jpg

    Cars '00 Chevy Impala / White - "SLOW CHEVY"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •