Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Neil_B
    Guest

    OT: Minimalist Bike Apparel

    This photo came up for discussion on the peach ride on Saturday:



    The photo is from the start of the Night Ride on the Towpath at Peninsula, OH, July 8. Note the dude on the left. He's wearing athletic underwear as bike shorts. And his jersey is tucked into the waistband. Weird.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like underarmor underwear, hey whatever floats that guys boat. I checks me out the women in spandex and not men folk, lol.

  3. #3
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Emskirch View Post
    Looks like underarmor underwear, hey whatever floats that guys boat. I checks me out the women in spandex and not men folk, lol.
    I saw a lot of them too. Including the one who told her complaining companions "I don't know what that ouching is. You'd better harden up your lady parts."

  4. #4
    Downtown Spanky Brown bautieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pennsyltucky
    My Bikes
    07 Raliegh Grand Sport 98ish Mongoose Manuever
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he wearing whitey tighties under those Under Armor shorts?

    Looks like an older comfort or hybrid with come cross tires, gel saddle, Bell wedge pack...maybe he's just new to it and still figuring things out. Or he's busy hardening up his man parts.

  5. #5
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bautieri View Post
    Is he wearing whitey tighties under those Under Armor shorts?

    Looks like an older comfort or hybrid with come cross tires, gel saddle, Bell wedge pack...maybe he's just new to it and still figuring things out. Or he's busy hardening up his man parts.
    I didn't ask, but from seeing him, I don't think so.

  6. #6
    your nightmare gal chipcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Cracker Factory
    Posts
    24,352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bautieri View Post
    Is he wearing whitey tighties under those Under Armor shorts?

    Looks like an older comfort or hybrid with come cross tires, gel saddle, Bell wedge pack...maybe he's just new to it and still figuring things out. Or he's busy hardening up his man parts.
    looks like the typical noob looking to score chicks on the towpath to me
    "Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philly
    My Bikes
    IF SCJ SE, Surly LHT, BikeFriday NWT, Cannondale M300, Raleigh 700
    Posts
    3,802
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, this conflicts with our annual Brooklyn Ride:

    http://www.phillynakedbikeride.org/

    Last year, the ride passed by the location where my buddy's daughter got married. The guests had just come out on the deck looking down on the street for cocktails. Everyone got a big kick out of it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    7,419
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
    Unfortunately, this conflicts with our annual Brooklyn Ride:

    http://www.phillynakedbikeride.org/

    Last year, the ride passed by the location where my buddy's daughter got married. The guests had just come out on the deck looking down on the street for cocktails. Everyone got a big kick out of it.
    was it a big turnout? back where I went to college, several of the nearby schools did "naked mile"s (running), U of M had the biggest at several thousand participants, and it was probably 90% male and one of the girls I knew who went down there to run in it felt a little uncomfortable.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philly
    My Bikes
    IF SCJ SE, Surly LHT, BikeFriday NWT, Cannondale M300, Raleigh 700
    Posts
    3,802
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there was a decent crowd. Unlike the event in other cities, it's my understanding that the Philly version get very few true naked riders.

  10. #10
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
    I think there was a decent crowd. Unlike the event in other cities, it's my understanding that the Philly version get very few true naked riders.
    Must be those repressed Quakers.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ill.clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    My Bikes
    2012 Kona Jake, 2009 Trek 1.2, 1997 Trek 6700
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've worn padded bicycle "underwear" while on indoor training rides, when my bibs or other shorts are all dirty.

    But I NEVER tuck in my shirt ... that's just so FRED


  12. #12
    Senior Member Seattle Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by himespau View Post
    was it a big turnout? back where I went to college, several of the nearby schools did "naked mile"s (running), U of M had the biggest at several thousand participants, and it was probably 90% male and one of the girls I knew who went down there to run in it felt a little uncomfortable.
    Our Solstice Parade ride always draws several hundred nude (but painted) cyclists. It's about a 50/50 male to female ratio.
    Don't believe everything you think.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philly
    My Bikes
    IF SCJ SE, Surly LHT, BikeFriday NWT, Cannondale M300, Raleigh 700
    Posts
    3,802
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_B View Post
    Must be those repressed Quakers.
    Yeah. That must be it. I can't walk down the street without bumping into hundreds of Quakers. They are everywhere, with their darn oatmeal and good hats.
    "I've wanted you to succeed, but watching you find excuse after excuse after excuse and then laugh it off as the loveable, quirky, chubby guy is getting old."--Ill.Clyde

  14. #14
    Senior Member shawmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    My Bikes
    2010 Jamis Aurora, 2005 Trek 7500
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they are what he thinks they are...
    My lifestyle change journey can be found here: The Skeptical Loser

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •