So i went clipless and today was my first ride with them. I have many questions and pondering thoughts i hop you guys could help/solve.
I really thought that once i clipped in and rode the first mile i would get the "ah ha" moment. you know birds would chirp, a rainbow would appear, a gospel choir would be singing in the background. none of that happened, but here is what did;
1. i didnt ride any faster
2. for the first time ever my left foot went numb
3. cannot heel out unclip i need to heel in unclip
4. spend too much time thinking about cliping in and clippiing out ahead of time
5. checked the HR and it wasnt better so it seems it didnt make me more efficient
6. dont like that i am stuck on the pedal in one position, i like to sit back in the saddle sometimes and pedal with my toes.
7. its hard carrying my bike up/down three flights of stairs with the shoes
there are positives;
1. wow i really fly up "hills" now. For that reason i am staying with them
2. my bouncing problem above 95rpm is gone i am smooth to 110 bounce a little till i crank like a coke'd out hamster at 120, above that i am somewhat smooth
3. easily bunny hop bad spots in roads
so could you guys help me on a few things?
How come i cant twist out? its easier to twist in?
why did my foot go numb?
how do i adjust to fix this?
i set the cleats at what i think is the ball of my foot. i put the 15degree cleat on the right shoe. these are the pedals and shoes i have