Join Date: May 2011
Bikes: Wally World Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser (with siily wicker front basket)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had my first Wipeout of the year
So on sunday's short spirited ride on the MUP i hit a patch of wet leaves and while trying to gain control accidentally locked up my rear brake which thus speed up the process of me meeting the paved MUP, gravel, grass and leaves.
yes oh yes i stayed clipped in the whole time, which made the ordeal probably look worse than what it was.
my shoulder still hurts like heck, my wrist hurts, my hip is killing me. yet i popped 2 aleve and rode my bike to work today, me being the super genius i am i didn't slow down over puddles or leaves on the road. i have heard the smart people learn from their mistakes and geniuses learn from others mistakes, so this makes me a super genius by default.
1. people do stop to help
2. kool stop brake pads will lock up a a wheel even when using the suicide brake lever
3. after a fall i actually finished my ride at a faster pace
4. bike was 100% ok, the seat did turn 45 degrees
5. i ended up in the grass and not a curb or car
1. i am in mucho pain today, and was supposed to lift tonight. so i guess no gym until wednesday
2. boy oh boy was i embarrassed
3. did i mention the pain yet?