Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 922
  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    Mid '90's Trek 930
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chef: Because I had weighed in on Friday morning, I had let my guard down during dinner on Friday night. The dinner plan for Friday night was supposed to by Chipotle, but when the line was out the door for Chipotle, we went to a local bbq place. I ordered a bbq beef sandwich, and I made it a "combo" which includes a scoop of potato salad and bbq beans. I had let my guard down because I had weighed in earlier in the day. After eating the potato salad and beans, I moved on to what was left of my daughters chicken caesar salad complete with dressing on it! Then on either Saturday or Sunday night, I ate too many reduced fat cheez-its with peanut butter. At the end of the snack, I had no idea how many points I had consumed and I was left to learn the damage when I got on the scale a day or two later. When I weighed myself on Tuesday morning, I was up 2.7 pounds since Friday!! I kept to the program from Monday through to Friday morning when I weighed in, and I was down .2 on Friday morning. So the net effect of my week was down .2 pounds but I had a real spike in my weight during the week. It is best to remain committed to the program each day and resist the urge to revert back to eating habits of the past.

    Tractor: Congrats on this weeks weight loss!!! I agree that the program works really well!!!

  2. #302
    Senior Member imacflyr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    My Bikes
    Scattante road bike
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew! Not a good week to not track!!

    ...up 1.4 this week! I was really due a gain.

    Onward and downward!

  3. #303
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curtismk View Post
    Chef: Because I had weighed in on Friday morning, I had let my guard down during dinner on Friday night. The dinner plan for Friday night was supposed to by Chipotle, but when the line was out the door for Chipotle, we went to a local bbq place. I ordered a bbq beef sandwich, and I made it a "combo" which includes a scoop of potato salad and bbq beans. I had let my guard down because I had weighed in earlier in the day. After eating the potato salad and beans, I moved on to what was left of my daughters chicken caesar salad complete with dressing on it! Then on either Saturday or Sunday night, I ate too many reduced fat cheez-its with peanut butter. At the end of the snack, I had no idea how many points I had consumed and I was left to learn the damage when I got on the scale a day or two later. When I weighed myself on Tuesday morning, I was up 2.7 pounds since Friday!! I kept to the program from Monday through to Friday morning when I weighed in, and I was down .2 on Friday morning. So the net effect of my week was down .2 pounds but I had a real spike in my weight during the week. It is best to remain committed to the program each day and resist the urge to revert back to eating habits of the past.
    Experiences like this teach us that successful programs like WW depend on long term commitment. Overall, when you reach your goal weight, there will be a lot of "burps" like this in the road. However, the overall result will be what is excellent.
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  4. #304
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Trac. A lot of bumps for sure and that is ok. When you give it all you got in a week and still are up, those are the tough times but no worries, it will pay off!

  5. #305
    Senior Member rec3036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Ocean County , NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 Disc 21 inch frame
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well very frustrated with my weight loss... was up .2 last night.... been doing everything right and riding more than ever and was really expecting at least to finally be under 300lbs... well at least I met 2 out of 3 goals for the month.... grrrrrr so aggravated!!!
    Russ


    MS = Life Changing Not Life Ending

    I ride like there is no tomorrow, since for me there could be no tomorrow on the bike.

    My MS bike page: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=17956

  6. #306
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rec3036 View Post
    Well very frustrated with my weight loss... was up .2 last night.... been doing everything right and riding more than ever and was really expecting at least to finally be under 300lbs... well at least I met 2 out of 3 goals for the month.... grrrrrr so aggravated!!!
    Dont let it get to you. It is the journey.... the long haul that counts. I am finding that my weight loss is usually a week behind my exercise part of it. For example, if I rode a lot this week, my number on the scale might be low but the following week, granting all eating has been good, might be a better loss.

    You might be losing inches too.

  7. #307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started a 26 week program here at work; previously I've been tracking (very) intermittently online.

  8. #308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando_T. View Post
    I just started a 26 week program here at work; previously I've been tracking (very) intermittently online.
    Keep up with it bro and try to track everything you eat. The plan will work as much as you work the plan. If you kinda work it, it will kinda work for you.

    You will have great days, good days, ok days and not so good days.

  9. #309
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    Mid '90's Trek 930
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I weighed in this morning and I am down 2.7 for the week. I "earned" my 10% award this morning. It was a good week. Next week will be an interesting. My kids are on spring break next week and we are headed to the Monterey CA area for the next week. I will certainly need to some exercising during the week!!

    Brando: Welcome to the WW program!! Like Chef said, you will get from this program exactly what you put into it. If you are diligent with tracking everything you eat, you will be successful. The first couple of weeks are the most difficult as you adjust and learn the things you can eat, that satisfy you and meet your daily points goal. You find support and encouragement from everybody participating in this thread. We are all using the same program to achieve the same goal!!!

  10. #310
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curtismk View Post
    I weighed in this morning and I am down 2.7 for the week. I "earned" my 10% award this morning. It was a good week. Next week will be an interesting. My kids are on spring break next week and we are headed to the Monterey CA area for the next week. I will certainly need to some exercising during the week!!

    Brando: Welcome to the WW program!! Like Chef said, you will get from this program exactly what you put into it. If you are diligent with tracking everything you eat, you will be successful. The first couple of weeks are the most difficult as you adjust and learn the things you can eat, that satisfy you and meet your daily points goal. You find support and encouragement from everybody participating in this thread. We are all using the same program to achieve the same goal!!!
    Great job my friend! You will do ok when you travel. Just make sure you pack snacks and such.

  11. #311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WI last night and up 1 pound. Decided to "punish" myself with a 62.75 ride today. Sweet punishment!

  12. #312
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow morning official Week 11 weigh in - - Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope I don't gain a pound like that loser Chefisaac!! JUST KIDDING CHEF!!!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  13. #313
    Senior Member RedC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First ride since Sunday, rode 28.6 miles today, Felt good, weight's back down after two weeks of going up. Everything is back on track.
    Red, like the color my hair used to be.

    Lemond Buenos Aires(Broke) Madone 5.9 for sale,Navigator 2, S-Works Roubaix

  14. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tractorlegs View Post
    Tomorrow morning official Week 11 weigh in - - Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope I don't gain a pound like that loser Chefisaac!! JUST KIDDING CHEF!!!
    If you gain, I better see your @ss doing a metric!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #315
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
    If you gain, I better see your @ss doing a metric!!!!!!!!!!!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  16. #316
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 11 Weigh In, lost 2.2 pounds! Total weight loss for the first 11 weeks is 19.6 lbs for an average of 1.78 pounds lost per week, right on schedule! I'm learning to love my veggies! No metric centuries today, Chefisaac -- Whew!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  17. #317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    great job trac! Ready for your reward?

    A METRIC CENTURY!!!!!!!! You lucky dog. Get your @ss on the bike and goooooooooooo!

  18. #318
    Senior Member imacflyr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    My Bikes
    Scattante road bike
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was down 2.4 at last night's weigh-in.

  19. #319
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imacflyr3 View Post
    was down 2.4 at last night's weigh-in.
    Great job my friend. Let me ask you.... How long did it take you to drop 100 pounds? Do it all on WW?

  20. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tonight was my WI. Down 1.8 pounds for a total of 43 pounds. Bittersweet really.... Gained a pound last week so I had some make up to do. I should not look at it like that buy I do. grrrrrrrrrr.

    Mrs. Chef lost 2.4!

  21. #321
    Senior Member imacflyr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    My Bikes
    Scattante road bike
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chef,

    I reached 100 in 8 months. ...and yes, it has all been through weight watchers.

    Congrats to you and the boss! Great job!!

  22. #322
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed week 12 on the program since the OP, and I gained .2 pounds this week (which I consider the same weight, really). On the program I've lost 19.4 pounds at an average weight loss of 1.62 pounds per week! That is right on schedule. Within the next 10 days or so I should pass the 1/3 point in my wight loss (1/3 of the way towards my goal) so I'm still very encouraged! Weight Watchers is very good, I'm learning a lot about myself and about correct eating habits. Hammer Down!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  23. #323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo area)
    My Bikes
    1991 Schwinn Crosscut 1994 Schwinn Crosscut 1994 Schwinn Crosstrail 2007 Lemond Alpes d'Huez
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined online 4/1/12 when i was 262. This past Wednesday 4/11 - I was 257.4. Trying to ride as often as possible, but I don't have the endurance that may here have. Did 7 miles today at average speed of 12.3 mph. For me, that's very good.

  24. #324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tractorlegs View Post
    Completed week 12 on the program since the OP, and I gained .2 pounds this week (which I consider the same weight, really). On the program I've lost 19.4 pounds at an average weight loss of 1.62 pounds per week! That is right on schedule. Within the next 10 days or so I should pass the 1/3 point in my wight loss (1/3 of the way towards my goal) so I'm still very encouraged! Weight Watchers is very good, I'm learning a lot about myself and about correct eating habits. Hammer Down!
    You know the drill trac.... @ss on the bike for a metric century............

  25. #325
    Senior Member RedC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weigh in is tomorrow. I should have the first loss in two weeks. Between baby sitting my grandchildren and travel I wasn't able to keep up with my schedule but back on track this week both with eating and riding need another 8-10lbs in the next 4 weeks to meet my goals
    Red, like the color my hair used to be.

    Lemond Buenos Aires(Broke) Madone 5.9 for sale,Navigator 2, S-Works Roubaix

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •